Flirting

HelloKittyGal

Reaction score
Okay, yesterday my mom and I went shopping. We went to this furniture store. There was this guy and someone else. Anyway, I tried to look at things, then I just go bored and stayed at the front viewing a catalog. The cute guy came and asked, "Is there anything I can help you with?" I know he was flirting with me and wanted to "talk" because I was with mom, and what's a young gal like me interested in furnitures? Anyway, I just smiled and said, "No." He left. Anyway, I always keep things brief because eventually sometimes I will have to come to term and tell them I have a hearing loss if I have to ask to repeat. The reason I keep it short is because I don't want to them to find out about my 'invisible disability' as I hate when some people tend to "freeze" about that.

It's always short and brief. I wasn't looking into taking that guy home or anything, but I sometimes limit my flirting simply because I don't want them to know about my hearing loss by judging me before they know me. Ya know?

How do you guys deal in those situations? Do you just say 'forget it' and if they don't know you, forget it then? Is it that simple? Should I have more confidence? Should I make up some funny lines? Huh?

awwww ur so cute!

I think it's all in the eyes... how they meet :) the rest is history. I've flirted and went out on dates with hearing guys after bumping into them in malls, libaries and so on. we've had very enjoyable times. the key is to not get committed and let your eyes do all the talking.. *grin* just my experience.. others' can be different.

Guys love to be treated like dirt

Ok I'm sure that's an over generalization.. but my point is that once you say "I have a hearing LOSS" guys go into "Rescue" mode and feel that they need to help you.

If a guy thinks HE is losing something, they only became MORE attracted and thus under your control.

If you sign, you should just treat him not like YOU have a hearing loss, but that HE has an ASL deficiency.

How would you treat someone foreign trying to flirt in another language? Just give the signals that "interest in me means learning to talk to me".

Don't put yourself in a pit to be pulled up from. Instead think of your communication as high wall to perch yourself on that you'll have people scrambling to climb. I'm sure he'd go out and buy sign books the same night.

Of course if you have not interest.. then that solves itself no?

interesting thing.. I have gone through like this before.. if i hide myself that i'm hearing. then later they find out it scares them away...

however i start dating hearing girls around i let them know that i'm deaf first.. then t hey understand.. the girl i'm dating right now.. she knows i'm deaf before i meet her in person. the same day.. she got sign language book with her on same day we meet while i was with other deaf friend and his hearing friends.

i believe giving out ur true idetify will lead to love :D

That is true, be true to yourself and if people cannot deal with it, then they are not good for you. I made it clear to my boyfriends in the past that I am Deaf, and they cannot do anything to change it. It's really good to get it out in clear first. Now I have a wonderful guy who's very patient, and so am I.

Hi guys, thank you! I will try to think of your advices next time. Also, I think that johnesco makes sense.

Thanks for your insights. I will think of it : D

intz....guys always come up 2 me and talk 2 me..i be like slow down cuz ur talkin 2 fast..they be like oh ur deaf?? i was like yea but i can talk and hear..they was like ohh cool, got paper and pen? i hate that sometimes...but its cool tho cuz some hearing people likes to learn ASL, some hearing be like retard deaf..i be like man fuck u..lol

Hearing loss means 50%cut off

Sometime I feel very bad when I could not listen what teacher or friends actually want to say.Grammatically I making too much mistakes. My father helping me lot. :sadwave: :cheers:

lol guys think our accent is so cute! Go for it girl! I am a major flirt with hearing boys. I have to tell them I am deaf when I make phone calls to them but now with help from VCO or the new VRS, it makes it so simple!! Dont tell them you are deaf right away, tell them after they get to know you and chat :) hook them first!! lol....... what else??? hmmm, yeah hearing guys try to learn ASL even when I DIDNT know ASL myself LOL. We have the luck that we cant hear, guys tend to ramble on about cars or sports, just do a sexy grin and nod your head. :)

Back