flat screen tv

i know there are alot of flat screen tv.. so i wonder what brand or what kind of flat screen tv is better?

i tried to compared those..
i am still not sure..
because they are too much completive!
so i need your help..

i plan to get one soon..

let me know soon thank!

I have a 32" Samsung HDTV which I love. It has excellent sound quality and a great picture (according to my family and friends).

I just noticed your post which indicated that you bought a Samsung. I hope you're as pleased with it as I am with mine.

i would like get hdtv under $500 at walmart or bestbuy depend prices

When I was looking for an HDTV in January, I checked Walmart, but their selection wasn't very good. (And this is at a Walmart Super Center) The only brand choices I had were Polaroid and Sony. I didn't mind Sony, but their TVs only came in a 15" model.

I ended up going to Best Buy where I looked at Sony, Toshiba, Magnavox, Panasonic and Samsung. I chose a Samsung based on the article my sister read to me in Consumer Reports as well as the fact that it had all of the features I wanted.

One of the things I love about my Samsung are the vertical speakers it has located on the left and right of the screen. For anyone who is hard of hearing, this makes it much easier to hear compared to having a horizontal speaker along the bottom -- or so it seems to me. I also like the ascending and descending beep tones that it plays whenever I turn the TV on or off. This is very helpful to those who are blind or visually impaired.

I agree. Samsung was rated the number one brand in Consumer Reports which is part of the reason why I chose a Samsung HDTV.

They been around for a while. I got a 30" HDTV (1080p) for my computer last Dec.

They been around for a while. I got a 30" HDTV (1080p) for my computer last Dec.

Samsung has been around since 1969, but didn't start selling products (black & white TVs) until the 1970s. They have an extensive and impressive company history.

These posts are old, but interesting.

My mother's friend said that a HDTV 3D or 4D makes the children crazy or confused in their mind which is not healthy for them to watch it. A regular HDTV is fine. Is that true? I never heard of this issue.

(He has a 30 inches of HDTV LCD.)

These posts are old, but interesting.

My mother's friend said that a HDTV 3D or 4D makes the children crazy or confused in their mind which is not healthy for them to watch it. A regular HDTV is fine. Is that true? I never heard of this issue.

(how's 4D?)

Well, the 3D makes some people more tired, or confused, as the eyes gets more complex information than the 2D, it's fluttering between the eyes as a camera shutter to make an illusion of 3D. I don't suppose that they're going crazy or weirdos as your friend says, but maybe a little after several hours in a row! :D

Health effect on the longer term are unknown, I recommend that peoples trust their bodies and eyes about the new technology.

A really new technology called anamorphic 3D or 3D without glasses is around the corner.
(I am not sure if the wording anamorphic is correct, I have forgotten a lot since I read about that for two months ago)

The future is 3D without glasses:
Hands-on: 3D without the glasses comes into focus at CES

3d_cow_ars.jpg

Very interesting. Surprising that Toshiba claims they will be introducing glasses-free 3D fairly soon.

I looked at a 3D tv on an exhibit, with glasses, and hated it instantly. It gave me a headache after just a few seconds. Plus, I already wear glasses, so would have to have TWO things sitting on my face.

Also, I do a lot of knitting and crocheting when I watch TV; can't do that with 3D glasses sitting on your face.

It won't be for me, but I do find the technology to be amazing.

I've recently acquired a Toshiba 38-inch flat screen tv, and need to hook up the VP to it. I emailed Sorenson for instructions, and all they told me was that I need to change the video input with the remote. To what? I got Cable, Compact Disk, DTV, DVD, Game Console, Laser Disc, Satellite/DDS, VCR, Video Recorder, Hide, --,Audio Reorder. Which one do I use for the VP??? Arghhh, I need a ten year old here to help! :lol:

Back