fish tanks..

darkangel8603

Reaction score
I know this belongs to the pet thread but i notice everybody checks here first hehe, so mods you are welcome to put this in the pet forum..

For those who have fish tanks or aquirment (sp) I want to know how to keep ti clean for a longer while. I clean my fish tank quite often, but it just keep getting dirty again damn those fish poop. I want to know how to keep it clean and look clear inside without actually having to dump the water out and clean it then put water back in, its a hell job.. I had this tank with ranging from 7 to 10 fishes (some die due to old age or illness, and buy more new one etc so the number changes) since hmm a yr and half now. Some of the fishes I still have from the first bunch.

well i gotta go now to clean the rest of my room. oy, will take me a while :giggle: its realllllllly messy.. stupid room.. :pissed:

So if anybody have some tricks or information let me know. Thanks.

In order cleaning a fish tank, change water 20-25 percent every 1-2 weeks. Never change ALL of the water, because the water chemistry you change can kill the fish. It takes 1 month for the water to stabilize for the fish to live. You need to use a special vaccum that u can buy at pet store for $5 or so, it will suck up debris and poop and all that in the tank, also get algae scrubber that wipes algae off the glass, or get a algae eater if it's compatible with the fish you have. High ammonia chemistry (you can't see it) can kill fish caused by fish pissing and poop in the tank, need to make sure of that doesn't get high, too. I'm not sure if you have a fish tank water filter system, since you didn't mention about it-tho it sounds like you don't have it since you change it quite often.

Cleaning a fish tank is lot of work and not much you can do about it.

you need to AIR and Clean Pumping machine for fish tank to keep fishes alive more and cleaning in water itself ..

TOF

yeah i agree .. i have 20 gal fish tank with aggressive fishes (five).. i am fixing to drain about 25 percent to clean the bottom out then add new water....u need ph to balance the water. Other note, if you use light too much, it will build too much algae.. yes. it is royal pain in the ass....

Just need one of these...and your problems go away....

goldfish-toilet-2.gif

I hope you get the water filter that will help. Another thing DO NOt put the tank in the direct sunlight from the window cuz it will get algae. That what I didn I move my 20 gallons tank else where and yay no more algae. PFFFFFFFFT stupid sunlight LOL

Sorry I can't help you at all. The last fish I had were really cute small goldfish and they died within a week. Later I found out they were all feeder fish that people buy to feed bigger fish. The fish I had before that was a Beta fish who only lived for two weeks. I am not buying any more fish! It is too sad! I think I did not know how to clean the tanks correctly. Years ago I had fish who lived for about four years but my dad took care of them for me :) I know he cleaned the tank and had a filter. One way I can think of to change water without dumping the tank was take a half gallon milk jug (plastic) and push it down into the top of the water and let it fill up. As long as the fish stay away! Then you can fill it back up with clean water after that. I don't know if that works but it was an idea! Good luck!

ablue said:
Sorry I can't help you at all. The last fish I had were really cute small goldfish and they died within a week. Later I found out they were all feeder fish that people buy to feed bigger fish. The fish I had before that was a Beta fish who only lived for two weeks. I am not buying any more fish! It is too sad! I think I did not know how to clean the tanks correctly. Years ago I had fish who lived for about four years but my dad took care of them for me :) I know he cleaned the tank and had a filter. One way I can think of to change water without dumping the tank was take a half gallon milk jug (plastic) and push it down into the top of the water and let it fill up. As long as the fish stay away! Then you can fill it back up with clean water after that. I don't know if that works but it was an idea! Good luck!

I have 2 betta fish. One of them I had it for almost a year and the other one I had almost 6 months. I took care of them. Clean their water weekly and stay away from windows. Feed them twice a day and give them lot of love. :D It works for me.

Back