First Timer to a deaf college

By the way...ASL is the easiest language ever to learn.....compared to Chinese! :P (and I might as well add...a lot more fun to learn! :P)

By the way...ASL is the easiest language ever to learn.....compared to Chinese! :P (and I might as well add...a lot more fun to learn! :P)

Ha, then consider yourself a lucky one who can do ASL. It would be nice to meet you in person one of those days!! I d be happy to see anyone who thinks ASL is easy to learn then they all would use ASL more often. :cool2:

PrincessBetty1, Just curious.... after the mainstream school, why do you want to go to a deaf college. I have heard of some oral deafs going to a deaf college but I don't know the reason(s).

PrincessBetty1, Just curious.... after the mainstream school, why do you want to go to a deaf college. I have heard of some oral deafs going to a deaf college but I don't know the reason(s).

Why I want to go? Because all I ever felt is being an outsider, it's difficult to get involved conversation in mainstream, and I wanted to see what it is like to be in the deaf culture. I want to feel where I belong. Beside, ASL been with me since I was seven years old. I really want to be around different kinds of people other than just hearing or disabilities children all the time. I wanted to be least have less stress.

Plus, after reading a book that's called, "Friend of the Deaf" has inspired me to go to Gally so much. I waited to see where the history has taken place.

Why I want to go? Because all I ever felt is being an outsider, it's difficult to get involved conversation in mainstream, and I wanted to see what it is like to be in the deaf culture. I want to feel where I belong. Beside, ASL been with me since I was seven years old. I really want to be around different kinds of people other than just hearing or disabilities children all the time. I wanted to be least have less stress.

Plus, after reading a book that's called, "Friend of the Deaf" has inspired me to go to Gally so much. I waited to see where the history has taken place.

Buffallo, yes.....oral training does not give dhh kids unfettered access to the hearing world. It's a good thing.......but they will never be able to experiance the hearing world as a hearing person.....merely as a dhh person.

Buffallo, yes.....oral training does not give dhh kids unfettered access to the hearing world. It's a good thing.......but they will never be able to experiance the hearing world as a hearing person.....merely as a dhh person.

That's why Buffalo is known to determination and stubbornness. So, basically, it's a challenge to deal with dhh in a hearing world.

Back