Fire Drills at Gallaudet University

new one

C h a r l i e said:
when i was in school (not college).. I live in dorm... if theres alarm going off.. im always always last person to come out of dorm.. i cant wake up if theres flashing lights.. even it was soooo bright! not workin for me... now im not in school anymore, i got alarm that has flashing lights, and vibration... vibration broken.. just great cuz i can not wake up when its flashing... so my bf had to wake me up hahh..
so replace the buzzer..go to deafpagers...they have replacment parts.

vfr said:
so replace the buzzer..go to deafpagers...they have replacment parts.
its not where my mom order from...... soo i dont know where she got them, but thanks for the link, i could just order brand new one.. :thumb:

so..

it does not mater if your mom got it from mars... you can buy what you need at different places that sell buzzers and flashers..why spend $200 when you need a $15 part.?

Fire DRILLS- ARGH!

Oh geesh, Thanks for refreshing my memories!! LOL ;)

I do remember my freshman year- Fall of '95, I was living in Krug Hall. The fire alarm went off like over 85 times in one semester- (it was before the ink installed.) I remember someone mentioned that someone was trying to break the record or meet the number of the class graduation year (Class of '99) Trying to hit 99 times in one semester but didn't work out because the ink was FINALLY installed.... :bowdown:

Oh boy- it was a nightmare! When it went off- I just go to my closet and sleep on the floor! LOL.... It was STUPID of me because what if there is a real fire. yikes! :Ohno:

Another thing- Geesh- my former roommate asked me to lock her in the closet. Stupid of me said, "sure." I went outside talked- talked- talked for maybe over an hour or two.... and FORGOT about her!! Geesh, I went back in, and the first word she said, "Oh shit, was there a real fire?" I told her the truth that I have forgotten about her.... talked too much outside... Oh sure, she was PISSED. :rl: LOL. Oopps!! Sorry about that!

I got fined 3 times! The ticket was $25 dollars at first then, second is $50. Third is $75. Apparently it keeps going up. It was SOOO STUPID. My husband, Marc- he got a note from the doctor that he has thick eyelids. He got wavied all tickets. he was fined more than 5 times. Yikes.. Maybe just get the note from the doctor that you have thick eyelid, so u may get away from the fined! :whistle:

SHAY said:

I do remember my freshman year- Fall of '95, I was living in Krug Hall. The fire alarm went off like over 85 times in one semester- (it was before the ink installed.) I remember someone mentioned that someone was trying to break the record or meet the number of the class graduation year (Class of '99) Trying to hit 99 times in one semester but didn't work out because the ink was FINALLY installed.... :bowdown:
I was there in my freshman year in the Fall of 95 to Spring 96, Perhaps there's a chance we knew each other while we were there?

Oh yeah, thanks for bringing up that. I do remember that there was a talk across the campus trying to break the record for Class of 99 to succeed it. I also remember a guy from CA who would dare to do anything and pull all those fire alarm triggers in both dorms which is Krug and Cogswell Hall. It was crazy! LOL

Jolie_77 said:
I was there in my freshman year in the Fall of 95 to Spring 96, Perhaps there's a chance we knew each other while we were there?

Your name? Did you graduated from Gally? (I did, May 2000) At this time, I was friends with those freshmen: Randee, Lisa Macke from Washington State, Marlise from Holland, TB from Texas, and Autumn from um... IL or KY. Guess what, :doh: I don't even know most of their last name- they all left during homecoming of '95 then I hang out with junior/seniors. I wish I did hang out more with freshmen. :pissed: argh. Oh well... So tell me about you! Hope I do recall you! :confused:

the flashers at RIT are hanious and horid i spent a nite their once and just wanted to die middle of winter go god the people who plan the drills nead o die, you can hear the alarms from the other side of campus i would bet deafies would feel that kind of noise.

RebelGirl said:
can be under a pillow or mattress..

Yes, I have one of those (vibrator) for my alarm clock too to wake me up. :) It really helps me alot. :) I had it on both vibration and sound alarm (volume all the way up).....only the vibration woke me up, but I was told by a relative that the sound alarm is LOUD so it woke her up (she's hearing)! LOL

SHAY said:

Oh boy- it was a nightmare! When it went off- I just go to my closet and sleep on the floor! LOL.... It was STUPID of me because what if there is a real fire. yikes! :Ohno:

Another thing- Geesh- my former roommate asked me to lock her in the closet. Stupid of me said, "sure." I went outside talked- talked- talked for maybe over an hour or two.... and FORGOT about her!! Geesh, I went back in, and the first word she said, "Oh shit, was there a real fire?" I told her the truth that I have forgotten about her.... talked too much outside... Oh sure, she was PISSED. :rl: LOL. Oopps!! Sorry about that!

I got fined 3 times! The ticket was $25 dollars at first then, second is $50. Third is $75. Apparently it keeps going up. It was SOOO STUPID. My husband, Marc- he got a note from the doctor that he has thick eyelids. He got wavied all tickets. he was fined more than 5 times. Yikes.. Maybe just get the note from the doctor that you have thick eyelid, so u may get away from the fined! :whistle:

why is that pay ticket $25, $50 and $75 ??? new to me

Back in 1990 to 1991 in High School when i was 14 yrs old.. it went so crazy!!! that almost like a year. when I was sleeping at the night till red light fire drills was soooooooo BRIGHT!!! woke me up and woke other students up then we had to go outside to wait till the red light stop then we went back to sleep till about 1 or 2 hours later there it go AGAIN! we had to get up and go outside .. that look like about every 2 hours something. we went to high school who live in dorm that the teachers was so complianed cause we are soooooo tired that not our fault .. but some of them are fault cause someone playing with the fire alarm like from lighter, and hair spary go near fire alarm and it got fire alarm.. it drove me crazy i hate it fire drills in many times almost like one year arghhhhh hate that so bright red fire drill flashing around in the room at night time arghh.

under the pillow from the viberate can make me wake up same with light flashing wake me up very easy.. when the light flashing thur my eyes and i get up so fast lol ehehehe

DeafMonkey said:
why is that pay ticket $25, $50 and $75 ???

:crazy: I got fined for the first time, it charged me $25 dollars. Second ticket- went up to $50 dollars. Same thing for the third- it went up to $75. :evil: I asked an old pal, She said it goes up to $75 dollars. Image that you did slept through the alarm 5 times in one semester- it would cost you $300. :deal: Today- I don't know how much ticket cost. Probably cost more! :eek:

Hope it helps!
:bye:

I had similiar experiences at Sol Heumann Hall in 1999-2000. I thought I had a few prank fire alarms here at SOL, but I was wrong. SOL got more fire alarms than Tower A (believe it or not). I was miffed, but did not give a fuck because I stayed and chatted with my buddies online while fire alarm went off. I knew most of them were prank anyway. LOL

Then, I attended SFSU in 2001-2004 and got more prank fire alarms in my apartment on campus during my first and second years..rme. But my third year, finally, the numbers of prank fire alarms were reduced. I told myself, gosh, another Tower A in San Francisco or what??? :rofl:

If the kids do not wake up, then it looks that you would have a big chicken dinner because of the smell from the dormitory. My friend's brother was a fireman and told me his story about a fire in the car... What a gross!

SHAY said:
:crazy: I got fined for the first time, it charged me $25 dollars. Second ticket- went up to $50 dollars. Same thing for the third- it went up to $75. :evil: I asked an old pal, She said it goes up to $75 dollars. Image that you did slept through the alarm 5 times in one semester- it would cost you $300. :deal: Today- I don't know how much ticket cost. Probably cost more! :eek:

Hope it helps!
:bye:

Oh wow.. in my old school at the dorm in junior that all counsellors had come in bedroom to make sure all the kids out of bed. Mostly all the kids wake up so fast and make sure if there other kids still on bed had to wake them up and go outside to wait for the fire drills stop.. same in High School dorm .. all students wake up so fast and wake up from the roommate. .. in junior and high school in dorm that i never forgot that some students out of the shower and grab towel to cover the body outside when it si fall or spring time .. one time WINTER! that damn cold!!!! brrrrr lol

but wow i never heard of ticket for that wow

monday!

we just had the alarm flash becouse some retarded mommy forgot to check her stove and filled a wing kdes dorm(family dorm) with smoke....it never fails ..i was in the shower with wet hair..and bingo! time to get out! and yep you will get a fine if you do not get out.

Back