Fire Alarm System

honestly i'm not really going to make this product, its actually a project i have to do in a course i am doing which is Product Design and development.
i have been assign to gather what the customers are interested in and how to make it to their liking. so that the product would have the potential of being sold

i see..

I'm leery then. No offense.

This is all well and good but I don't see how lower cost at retail could be achieved cuz these things aren't exactly mass produced at "a dime a dozen".....
Possibly the market could be broadened. Many homes are designed now under the universal design concept. That is, even as people age, or acquire physical limitations, the basic house design won't have to be changed or made to look institutional. It's about including systems and architectural features that suit everyone, practically and aesthetically.

Therefor, these alarm systems that fit the needs of deaf people should be marketed to also meet the needs of the general public. Point out the benefits also to families with children, lots of spread out bedrooms, rentals with interconnected systems, the elderly, etc. If the market base is broadened, the cost might be able to come down a bit.

Also, push to have the systems required for new construction. Work on the building code requirements.

Just some ideas. :) It's not just about the technology.

Just building on what Reba said with personal thoughts,

Make it so all alarms are dual purpose. If they make noise and sound then they can be sold pretty much everywhere.

I know many people who normally hate the sound of a fire alarm but can sleep through it because they are deep sleepers but if you open a window the light wakes them automatically.

Having both devices in one as a standard would benefit everyone as a whole and eventually the price would drop and the device would be standard in most buildings.

Possibly the market could be broadened. Many homes are designed now under the universal design concept. That is, even as people age, or acquire physical limitations, the basic house design won't have to be changed or made to look institutional. It's about including systems and architectural features that suit everyone, practically and aesthetically.

Therefor, these alarm systems that fit the needs of deaf people should be marketed to also meet the needs of the general public. Point out the benefits also to families with children, lots of spread out bedrooms, rentals with interconnected systems, the elderly, etc. If the market base is broadened, the cost might be able to come down a bit.

Also, push to have the systems required for new construction. Work on the building code requirements.

i am aware that type of alarm exist but you don't want any improvements to it? like the use of it?
Would you mind letting me of how you were taught to deal with a fire situation?
your cooperation would be greatly appreciated

This is the second time you said this... Not sure if this is according to location, cultural, language or whatever difference but I feel that it needs to be pointed out...

I am not sure of others but I don't like to be told to cooperate. :)

you have great points there

Back