Finding a man tolerant of your lack of hearing

My deaf cousin has her hearing husband for many years! They re happy but of course has bad and good times!

Someday You will find a right person's personally with no matter of Hearing, HoH or deaf ok :):):)

my partner is tolerable towards my hearing ( I am hard of hearing ) It is me who gets upset because I feel very very awkward that I havent picked up on the conversation, so the answer he is looking for - he doesn't get. 99.9% of the time I am like......... well...... I CAN'T help it - it is not my fault, and I shrug it off but then that tiny % sometimes rears it's ugly head and I get very very down and think that I am totally and utterly USELESS....... Its all down to lack of knowledge on other people's part, I used to work with deaf people and also did my SL which I loved but found it hard on the level 2.I guess you say that I am inbetween the hearing and the deaf. No one on this planet is perfect and we are who we are and it's other people's problem if they have an issue with it....

Well last night the guy that I had been dating for the past 10 months went out and screwed on another woman about a month ago. Not that we've had any sex in that 10 month span, but still...

So now I am back to square one.

I think for right now I need to focus on finding a good job and getting my personal stuff taken care of. Once that is said and done I can start talking to people and saying hey I'm on the lookout for any decent guy that doesnt mind a red head woman that is divorced with one child, HOH, and works 40+ hours a week.

Hopefully things will pan out, but at the same time I dont want to spend the rest of my life alone and in need of adult intimacy and contact.

Dixie,
I think I feel exactly the same way. After 5 years of dating women who are not hoh, I think its time for me to look at women who are. The problem for me is where in Maine or New England? I also don't want to be alone or single anymore...it gets old after awhile.

You know that was one and is still one of my major questions. I am HOH, and was married to a hearing man. I do not know ASL yet, but am slowly teaching myself. A lot of our problems were because we couldnt communicate.
I read one post that said she married a hearing man and found exactly what she needed.. I guess it really doesnt matter hearing or not, but the willingness of both people involved to learn to communicate with eachother.
Love is a funny thing, your soul mate is there waiting to be found as soon as you/we stop looking...
good luck to you with finding a man that will appreciate your greatness, and love you for you, a strong woman who can over come anything.

Where I live it is going to be very hard to find a dhh man. I might bump into one at the university in Russellville, but not likely. Besides I have no good reason to be over there unless it is for an ASL class that starts in August.

Maybe I need to stop whimpering and start working. I just havent been on the date scene all that much lately so I am not sure how Im even supposed to start looking for a date, lol.

I do know one thing though relationships found at work typically do not work out for the best!

I am sorry that you are having a hard time finding that someone special. I have been dating my bf for 5.5 years and in the last year it has been the hardest.

I developed tinnitus and took up asl, and am worried that my hearing is going. My bf refuses to learn sign language until it is absolutely necessary! Drives me nuts. I think I need to find a deaf or hoh boy that knows how to sign! lol

maybe I need to get on deaf singles chat, lol.

but on a more serious note, I do want to take my time and not worry about it.

I think men like to see a woman thats in control of her life actually does have a life outside work and children so they know she's an interesting woman.

Not a woman that works all the time and still lives at home with her parents after a nasty divorce.

I just need to get from point A to B to where men will start to notice me and they will be like - hey you are an interesting woman. Can we go out for a cup of coffee sometime? :D

after my divorce, i took my time, wasn't looking for a new relationship.. so i can understand.

I met my boyfriend by chance when i was visiting his roommate.. and I did not expect to fall in love, but I did. I think relationships are best left to fate or chance.

after my divorce, i took my time, wasn't looking for a new relationship.. so i can understand.

I met my boyfriend by chance when i was visiting his roommate.. and I did not expect to fall in love, but I did. I think relationships are best left to fate or chance.

+1

hoh is not the problem for me.

Hoh is not a real problem for me. (i get yell at anyway.) But my speech is a real big deal for some men. And most people have a problem with it. that is why I am glad I found this web site.

Back