Finally Purple have new firmware but......

the designs are no good if DMZ and port forwarding being turned on at the same time. DMZ is good for single port....Port Forwarding is only good if there are many ports.

groan :( can have DMZ and port forward at SAME TIME done many times!!

put vp200 dmz put mvp pf 22001 work good

Hmmmm good question to ask, LilCueball....I wonder if qwerty have MVP already...hmmmm:hmm:

I am not gonna argue- but I will say that it will be unreliable this way. When you run into a oddball issue, someday you will smack yourself fin the head and say DOH!!!! its the router settings.

:slap: You won't able to receive incoming call on MVP that way. I will say it again and times again. DMZ overrides it.

:slap: You won't able to receive incoming call on MVP that way. I will say it again and times again. DMZ overrides it.

That's right, Nathan. It does overrides the calls to VP200 instead of going to MVP.

qwerty, if you have VP200 on DMZ and port forwarding for MVP, it will make the incoming calls directly to VP200 instead of going to MVP. It is best to use both port forwarding to both VP200 and MVP and not use DMZ at all so both calls can work incoming and outgoing calls. Before MVP recent firmware update, I hate it when people called to my VP200, it will re-direct their call to MVP. People will be puzzled why I am on MVP and not on VP200 because the phone numbers are supposed to go to VP200, not to MVP. It will confused lot of people which call to make, VP200 or MVP.

So, it is best to use port forwarding on both MVP and VP200 so people won't get confused anymore. Port forwarding on both VP200 and MVP works beautifully and have no problem so far. Now, I can relax and enjoy calling my friends anytime. :D

Don't you love it when technology changes to new things? Time for a change, qwerty! Move on and accept it the way technology changes. :D

if you have VP200 on DMZ and port forwarding for MVP, it will make the incoming calls directly to VP200 instead of going to MVP. It is best to use both port forwarding to both VP200 and MVP and not use DMZ at all so both calls can work incoming and outgoing calls. Before MVP recent firmware update, I hate it when people called to my VP200, it will re-direct their call to MVP. People will be puzzled why I am on MVP and not on VP200 because the phone numbers are supposed to go to VP200, not to MVP. It will confused lot of people which call to make, VP200 or MVP.

So, it is best to use port forwarding on both MVP and VP200 so people won't get confused anymore. Port forwarding on both VP200 and MVP works beautifully and have no problem so far. Now, I can relax and enjoy calling my friends anytime. :D

[/QUOTE]

How do I do that? Thats what I want. I dont want my MVP to be primary. I prefer both VP 200 and MVP recieve incoming and outgoing calls. What do I need to do. Please let me know. Thanks. :aw:

if you have VP200 on DMZ and port forwarding for MVP, it will make the incoming calls directly to VP200 instead of going to MVP. It is best to use both port forwarding to both VP200 and MVP and not use DMZ at all so both calls can work incoming and outgoing calls. Before MVP recent firmware update, I hate it when people called to my VP200, it will re-direct their call to MVP. People will be puzzled why I am on MVP and not on VP200 because the phone numbers are supposed to go to VP200, not to MVP. It will confused lot of people which call to make, VP200 or MVP.

How do I do that? Thats what I want. I dont want my MVP to be primary. I prefer both VP 200 and MVP recieve incoming and outgoing calls. What do I need to do. Please let me know. Thanks. :aw:[/QUOTE]

You better call Purple customer care at first, they will send service call ticket to rep to stop in your place for fixing port fowarding setting.

I agree with Chevy. It is best that you call Customer Care they will either contact the installer to fix your router to set up the new port forwarding to you. Or Customer Care can help you to do step-by-step instruction on how to set it up yourself. I think it is the best option is having customer care help you to do step by step instruction.

Thank you Chevy57 and Redwolf. I did call purple and someone came over on the samy day! LOL Talk about fast service. LOL Its now fix and I get both incoming and outgoing calls on my VP 200 and MVP. Thanks. :wave:

Thank you Chevy57 and Redwolf. I did call purple and someone came over on the samy day! LOL Talk about fast service. LOL Its now fix and I get both incoming and outgoing calls on my VP 200 and MVP. Thanks. :wave:

Glad to hear that. :cool2:

Back