Few very hot topics should be banned

This has been a weird thread - a trolling attempt gone wrong with FAIL stamped on it. :giggle:

Well, then what if a religious topic affects the deaf community??

Yes as well, I am just a learner in this community and don't begin to think that I know better for the community than any of its members.

Humanity is humanity, we all face some of the same issues and should definitely talk about them. Heated or not, the worst thing is NOT talking about them.

Ahh, since no one is arguing as you had wanted, you want the thread closed.

Typical trolling behavior. Just saying.

Trolls should be banned, too.

Not all trolls are created equal. Some are fun to play with. :giggle:

Not all trolls are created equal. Some are fun to play with. :giggle:

Backfired threads provide great entertainment value.
icon14.gif

This one should be one of the entries.

Backfired threads provide great entertainment value.
icon14.gif

This one should be one of the entries.

How true is that web wide statement really is "Internet is Serious Business"? :lol:

MOD: close this thread.

Not sure why you're wanting to close the thread now. Maybe it is because it didn't go the way you intended. At any rate, I have to say that, with regards to the religious subforum, "Very few hot topics should be banned". Well, that's the case with this. VERY FEW subforums have been closed. In fact, the ONLY one that I know of IS the religious forum. Therefore, by creating this thread, you proved your own point.

Just sayin'.

The bottom line is that it's not our decision to make.

experience teaches you that, and also experiences and knowledge guides those who possess to win arguments, two different phenomena and also there's a third - puesdo experience can 'win' but often temporarily OR helps the other groups wins arguments , wierd i know but it does happens

religion will continue as a hot topic, and especially now that many western countries are stamping out muslims abuse of clothing custom which poses risks for both terrorism and spousal abuse, or even just plainly offensive/intimidating...being faceless is not freindly looking , so is a case of religion made political (not new) but goes to show, religion is indeed still a very very potent source of conflict, ok to talk but becareful, hell you might even get accused of being racist while you talking about safety and fear relating to religion - that's how stupid some people are getting now

No way! Each hot topic thread should stay allow, period. We don't need some another closed sections. Like someones said, close everything every time everyone disagree on is not so much fun to debate or discuss with people.

No thanks... No.

I think if someone breaks the rules their account is suspended, if they do it again they are banned. No need to close threads, make people obey the rules.

Please no more on again once period on thread! you know already rule on!

thank

Moderator locked on thread

I would say there is one big difference between discussions of religion and discussions of abortion or any other hot topic. The difference is whether you can use solid evidence to back up your statements. When discussing religion, religious people will and do count on God's words as the evidence that trumps scientific evidence or even common sense no matter what.

All it takes for a religious person to 'win' a discussion is to say "Because God said so!" or quote a Bible verse or story. Not to mention even different denominations can have different beliefs on the same topic, so who's right?

I have even noticed how even people from the same church body, with similar backgrounds and experiences can look at the exact same verse, with the exact same translation, yet they will get two completely different meanings from it. Why? Because they will see what they need to see in the verse as God presents it.

(There, that should lock the thread) :cool2:

We shouldn't have to prove anything on here...this is a public forum. People should know how to respect different opinions of others. Agree to disagree and then move on.

It's called being mature. :)

If an abortion topic affects the deaf community, then it should absolutely be discussed. Every woman is affected by it though, and it's certainly not just a religious debate.

True, that. It only becomes a hot topic when someone decides that they are not satisfied with having a choice not to have an abortion, and want to take everyone else's choice away as well, as a religious form of behavior control.

Back