FCC and 10 digits is a milestone but not 100% freedom

Proxy number = Virtual Phones as the DirectVP, Fax machine. I own a virtual number for my fax line on my existing line (2 in 1 line) a virtual line doesn't have a real time as Caller ID and etc, it's only have a custom rings or discintive rings, Some of VRS companies provide a virtual phone number for DirectVP and etc as "Direct line to deaf caller thru the VRS".

For VP200 it's already have own "Ring Flasher" as the discintive flasher for who are calling you in selected in the addy book. My TR75VRS flasher have a 3 flashes, then I checked on the VP200's ring flasher which one who called me.

There is a solution already for many videophones connected to a single IP address - all VRS services are using it already - you call one number and then it is routed through to the nearest interpreter and if that person is away from the desk then it is moved on to the next interpreter - but the system (ACD) costs hundreds of dollars :(

There is a solution already for many videophones connected to a single IP address - all VRS services are using it already - you call one number and then it is routed through to the nearest interpreter and if that person is away from the desk then it is moved on to the next interpreter - but the system (ACD) costs hundreds of dollars :(

Not for personal use at home. FCC permit VRS to do this but not at home yet.

What the FCC rules sound like we go back to dark ages because it will only one provider.

I wonder will the firmware begin removed the IP Address, I wonder will that going affect soon?

To start 10 digital numbers which I only support is 911 system purpose but not the cool or awesome...

It appear little could have abused and again, I did post in previous comment about brag 5 10 digital numbers that the VRS has to use their funds to spend for us get 10 digital numbers. It says that on FCC, again --- I was hoping that people use wisely instead abuse...

the IP won't disappear -- becuase we need the IP address to make the internet work. the Ip address will be out of view when you have the 10 digit.

What the FCC rules sound like we go back to dark ages because it will only one provider.

I wonder will the firmware begin removed the IP Address, I wonder will that going affect soon?

I think that it may removed IP address. I had discussed with my HOVRS supervisor about it. he said that MVP includes purple number only and don't need IP address into it. I wonder about it. I will find out later.

Dbarovian, look what I have just said above -- #27 -- The IP address is needed to make the internet work!

We'll see if we can see any difference -- or if it fucks up with our modem, then we can complain to the FCC :)

He is right, the Internet is based on TCP/IP, there is no way to bypass the IP addressing system. Today, the Internet uses IP v4 which requires 4 sets of IP address from 0 to 254. IPv6 is now in works and it will STILL need IP addresses, and it won't look like the IP address you'd see today. It probably will consists of 12 digits from 0 to F (0-9,a,b,c,d,e f). However the IPv6 still in the works and has not approved yet at this time by world committe for the Internet. I am not sure what that organization was called.

Dbarovian, look what I have just said above -- #27 -- The IP address is needed to make the internet work!

He is right, the Internet is based on TCP/IP, there is no way to bypass the IP addressing system. Today, the Internet uses IP v4 which requires 4 sets of IP address from 0 to 254. IPv6 is now in works and it will STILL need IP addresses, and it won't look like the IP address you'd see today. It probably will consists of 12 digits from 0 to F (0-9,a,b,c,d,e f). However the IPv6 still in the works and has not approved yet at this time by world committe for the Internet. I am not sure what that organization was called.

Thanks for more claification, DHB and it is excatly what I thought as well... It is impossible to have these IP addresses removed if it would happen, then internet would have crashed for sure and we would be back in the dark ages! :Ohno:

Here is what FCC said about the IP address of each device...

New Ten-Digit Numbering and Emergency Call Handling Procedures for Internet-Based Telecommunications Relay Services

========================
receive a call from a voice telephone user when the caller dials the VRS or IP Relay user’s ten-digit telephone number. (The caller does not need to know the VRS or IP Relay user’s IP address to make the call.)
========================

Read what they explained, still IP address exists no matter what.

DHB

Here is what FCC said about the IP address of each device...

New Ten-Digit Numbering and Emergency Call Handling Procedures for Internet-Based Telecommunications Relay Services

========================
receive a call from a voice telephone user when the caller dials the VRS or IP Relay user’s ten-digit telephone number. (The caller does not need to know the VRS or IP Relay user’s IP address to make the call.)
========================

Read what they explained, still IP address exists no matter what.

DHB

That's explains clearly and also, it is just a system implementation that recongises the IP address and will take care of the configuration when making a call, IP addresses doesn't need to be known. SInce you know, If I want to make a call to USA from Australia -- I have to use IP address, the system will know what this IP address is heading for.

Make sense?

I am wondering if FCC ruling has anything about tying one ten digits to one videophone device? If so, then its still slow to mainstream in daily life.

If not, then it make sense to have videophone hub that regulate the 10 digits to specific MAC numbers. That will do but when will it happen for home? Office already done with this system.

Soreson filed petition to allow use of proxy number?

Sorenson is asking the Commission to continue to allow the use of proxy numbers.

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6520038528

I don't think that they keep Sorenson VRS users' proxy numbers in VP. If users move out of state or city, should change proxy numbers cuz reason of e911 system. I had moved out last two years and should change different area code but have same old proxy numbers in my new place.

Back