Favorite Slang

knitknox

Reaction score
What is your favorite slang expression? Give a definition, if needed:cool:

Down for whatever – you are cool no matter what happens or is decided. Trying to figure out what to do tonight and 2 people have different ideas and ask you what you think, I’m down for whatever means both are fine and you are happy with both. Or if plans are not yet made but some one wants to do something, I’m down for whatever means I know you well enough to know whatever you decide will be great.

Don’t get it twisted – can be a bad thing or a good thing. Means don’t misconstrue. How you use it makes it fine in the conversation or a bad thing. You can be telling a person a story and something happens in the story and you would say “but don’t get it twisted, I did it anyway” that would be the funny end of the story. But if you are in an argument (even a play argument) you could say, “Oh no honey don’t get it twisted I will cut your @$$!” it doesn’t mean that some one twisted your words. It is the situation that is twisted. See it visually as if twisting a picture, that to me is the best explanation of it.

On point – a description of a person mostly, but also an event like a party. “damn you were on point last night” means you looked so hot. If the party was on point it means everything was great, food, drinks, people, music. Every single thing, every part that made the party what it was made it great.

What’s poppin? – means what’s up or what’s happening.

On the real – means I am telling the truth. “yeah she said that, on the real” can be used instead of “for real”

Ran all through – this is what you do at a social gathering. When you mingle from one point to the other in the place and you have spoken to everyone.

Our spot – means our favorite place. Usually a restaurant, bar, club, or person’s house you socialize at.

Can’t get with it – means something happens and you either can’t agree with it, (bad) or if something is so good that you cannot equal it.

You better check yourself before you mess yourself – means you need to stop right there before you say something you don’t intend and cause a major problem

My favorite slang is "He/she don't know jack". Jack means you don't know anything in a sarcastic way.

Call me old fashioned but I still say "hey, that was the bees knees!" - Translates "hey, that was the best!"

My favorite slang??? I really don't have one but I do know some... Liar Liar pants on fire..... it means you're lying right thru your teeth...

Gotta go to the Dunny meaning have to go to the bathroom in a hurry.

Blimey!! meaning far out

Stank – means acting in a bad way, your actions stink. “stop being stank!”

Shystie – I have never actually seen anyone spell this word so my spelling may be off. Next level up from stank. “She was shystie for real!”

Back