Family Dog

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
Almost 9 years ago, my parents got two dalmatians for my sisters. Both were puppies and both were from the same litter. We later found out that one of them was deaf and this made it difficult for us to train them or to leave them alone at home.

A couple years ago, the deaf one had kidney problems and required a delicate operation that my parents couldn't afford, so they had him put to sleep because he was suffering severely from the complications of that kidney problems.

This did improve things a lot for the other dog. He was able to be left alone at home. He was well behaved and could be trained easier.

Well, they put him to sleep a couple weeks ago because he had mouth cancer. He was in pain and it wasn't good.

This is the 4th dog we've put to sleep due to health issues. :(

Anyone gone through this before?

Awww:(
I'm so sorry....I had a black lab-golden retriever mix that I had all my life..we had to put her to sleep because she had a kidney faliure...well, she was old, so my family lied to me and said there was no operations to help her, but she was atleast 16 years old and we couldn't have afforded the operation even if it would have been safe for her..that was last valentines day...I stayed with her every second :/ I'm sorry about your dogs. It really hurts to lose pets.

Awww:(
I'm so sorry....I had a black lab-golden retriever mix that I had all my life..we had to put her to sleep because she had a kidney faliure...well, she was old, so my family lied to me and said there was no operations to help her, but she was atleast 16 years old and we couldn't have afforded the operation even if it would have been safe for her..that was last valentines day...I stayed with her every second :/ I'm sorry about your dogs. It really hurts to lose pets.
Yeah, my parent's dogs were getting old. They're big dogs, so they don't live as long as small dogs.

If I got a dog, it would be a small dog... easy to handle and, of course, they're cute!

yeah, one of my friends just got a pompoo, it's a cross between a pomeranian and a poodle..very cute, sweet little dog :)

Sorry.
I remember when we lost our dog to brain tumour. Dad want the Vet to wait until we came to say goodbye. By the time Dad came to get us and go back to the Vet, the dog had died. :tears:
You must miss those dogs terrible.

Almost 9 years ago, my parents got two dalmatians for my sisters. Both were puppies and both were from the same litter. We later found out that one of them was deaf and this made it difficult for us to train them or to leave them alone at home.

A couple years ago, the deaf one had kidney problems and required a delicate operation that my parents couldn't afford, so they had him put to sleep because he was suffering severely from the complications of that kidney problems.

This did improve things a lot for the other dog. He was able to be left alone at home. He was well behaved and could be trained easier.

Well, they put him to sleep a couple weeks ago because he had mouth cancer. He was in pain and it wasn't good.

This is the 4th dog we've put to sleep due to health issues. :(

Anyone gone through this before?

Aww, I am sorry to hear that

yes, my mom's dog Ricky had cancer tumor in his stomach which cant remove it and my mom cant afford for it so had to put him to sleep cuz he is old :( I do miss Ricky :(

Dalmations are known to suffer from many disorders and handicapts than any other dog breed. get another kind of dog.

So sorry to hear that, Vampyrox.

Unfortunately it's true that many purebred animals are more prone to certain health problems. But it could also just be some sad, bad luck in your case.

Our Tara died of Cushing Disease when she was only 10 years old, and I tell you, she still looked like a pup.

At that time, I wasn't aware that Science Diet affected the kidneys' of some dogs.

I also wasn't aware that if you have a sick dog, usually Raw Meats help, and Raw Bones, but you really have to be aware that the organic options are the best and I HIGHLY recommend you search for Pets under the Shirley's Wellness Cafe Website. (just google it)

Also Flax Oil with Cottage Cheese everyday is VERY good for the elderly dogs as you'll see on that site, because it gives them the protein they need with the fat, and a body can't digest proteins without fats.

With Maggie we give her carrots and I always share my organic apple with her.
(That's when she talks for her shares, and then she takes little bites when I'am finished with the apple).

I give her raw bones from the flea markets and give her cottage cheese now and again with flax or sunflower oil.
Because she's a beagle, only a bit of apple, but she loves blueberries!

And whenever she's on the loose or out front, I get her back in the house lickety split by eating a banana and offering her some. She always comes running right away and just hopping for some. (She can only have a tiny bit though).

(They are in her kibble too, so we know it's okay to give her)

Raison and Grapes are poisonous!

Raw Garlic is poisonous, but dogs love powdered garlic on their kibble, the Beagles for Dummies book told me the Powdered Garlic is okay for dogs, but the raw garlic is not.
(Just a bit).

I also read in the book (Beagles for Dummies) that they like Frozen Green Beans (which she does)
and Broccoli and Brussell Sprouts (believe it or not)

I read in another book that you can save the water from boiling these veggies they like and it gives them added vitamins. (Carrots, Broccoli, Green Beans)

vampy i am sorry

i lost my cat 2 years ago still miss him terribly and WOULD love to have other pet to make me happy sighs

Awww I am sorry. Yea, I had been thru that as a kid with my puppy who drank poison. I only had him for a month. It sucked cuz I really loved that puppy. :(

Back