Fake Signing, Fake lip movement

Thatindianguy87

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how does deaf or hoh folks handle idiots who joke around as in fake lip movement as in acting like they are saying something but they really aren't, or when they just move their hands around like they are signing? I'm hard of hearing, seems like more people like to joke like that more often.... I had my instructor do it to me when I went to school last year I talked to the admin and they didn't do crap, my boss at my last job did it and I told him it wasn't right for him to do that and hes like Oh you know im joking we love you blah bs.... I'm just wondering if anyone else been in the same situations... :|

You could show the person how to sign " I am a big jerk" and tell them it mean something else. There are lot ignorant people around , so try not to let them get to you . Or you could say you know an universal sign language
you would love to show them. :giggle:

did you ask similar question on another thread,or as wdys writes use universal signs,but it could be they trying just got it badly wrong so show them how to do it

Whenever I encounter fools who think it's hilarious to fake-sign, I just roll my eyes and walk away.

Sometimes I will say, "You realize you're not saying anything and you're just making yourself look stupid, right?", and they just obviously swallow and then walk away. :)

Back