Fafsa

AlleyCat

Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to the correct website for filling out a financial aid application online? Is it:

http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ ?

There are several other sites such as fafsa.com, etc. -- I think those are paying sites where people help you fill them out, etc. I want to be sure I'm at the right site where I can do this myself! Thank you in advance.

Yes this is website that you need to fill out a financial aid application.

Can anyone direct me to the correct website for filling out a financial aid application online? Is it:

FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid ?

There are several other sites such as fafsa.com, etc. -- I think those are paying sites where people help you fill them out, etc. I want to be sure I'm at the right site where I can do this myself! Thank you in advance.

That would be the one you need, Alley Cat. If this is the first time, be sure not to click on renewal fafsa when you get to the web page.

Fasfa

The other websites are scams. make sure you fill it out on fasfa.gov if you do it on the others you have to pay for it and it never gets done!

Good luck!

Fafsa.com NOT a scam

You are wrong about FAFSA.COM. I would have filled out the form wrong and lost some of my aid. Worth the $80 to get thousands more in aid. Government site gave no advice or help. Don't believe me, check out this link

Client Feedback

A legit one usually do not list testimonials/feedbacks.

That web site does not look professional a bit.

Sorry!

A legit one usually do not list testimonials/feedbacks.

That web site does not look professional a bit.

Sorry!

Its not. If you have questions regarding your FAFSA, consult the financial aid officer at your school, not one of these websites.

The first "F" in FAFSA stands for FREE. That means you are not supposed to pay some scam site to fill it out for you.

You are wrong about FAFSA.COM. I would have filled out the form wrong and lost some of my aid. Worth the $80 to get thousands more in aid. Government site gave no advice or help. Don't believe me, check out this link

Client Feedback

That's what financial aids office at any universities are for! Make an appointment and see one. They're a great source of information. I do not pay a dime to fill out FAFSA. If you do - it's a scam. btw AlleyCat, that link is correct: www.fafsa.ed.gov/

EDIT - oh dohh!! My comment is basically same as Jillio. Ignore this

Back