Facts About Deafness

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
I editted some mini infomations about Deafness on my fictionpress profile.

But i'm not sure it is sound right. I need your help, please? Just leave a comment here, not in fictionpress.

Take a look: FictionPress.com - DarkCougar555

Find a "Facts about Deafness".

Thank you for listening! :D:D

It appears that, on your site, you will not tolerate reviews so I'll pass....

It appears that, on your site, you will not tolerate reviews so I'll pass....

No no no

You actually can post a comment HERE, not in fictionpress. I'm talking about facts of deafness. that's why I ask ADers for theier opinions and supportive comments, etc tec.

Sorry for misunderstanding.. ^_^

Let me clear it out to avoid misunderstanding...

~.~ Facts About Deafness ~.~

Since I'm kinda tired of same questions from PMs, emails, and etc etc. I now decided to make a mini information about the deafness and Deaf community. So, I will not have to answer the same information again, again, and go on. Heh. =P

1) Do Deaf people have a voice? Yes, those Deaf people are truly humans so they do have a voice. I'm a human like you are, so I do have my voice. If they are deaf, that's not means they can't speak/talk 100 or have no voice. It's actually up to them; some of them are prefered to use sign only, some of them are prefered to talk only, and some of them are prefered to use both sign and voice. It's all up to them. Be remember, they (and I) are just humans like you are so we do have a voice. (=

2) Why do Deaf people have a lack of education? It's depend on a personal individual. Some hearing parents of deaf children do not know their kids are actually Deaf until they find out, then a child's education is already delayed because of a child do not hear anything but to see what he or she learns only. Some hearing parents of children may be betrayed by some weak-education schools, which is ledding a child to have more delayed education and/or a lack of needs (I'm one of them too...). (Will add more information about this question whenever I have a ime)

3.) If a person is deaf, that's means will he/she have a poor quality of life, difficult life, is a handicapped person, any kind of different sitatuion due to deafness, or etc etc? Nope. None of them are true. It's actually depend on personal individual like hearing people do. I grew up as being disabled person and am doing so fine. I'm pretty much similar to hearing people, well, I would said it's just normal being. I have some friends of mine and they are doing fine no matter what or how. I used my hearing aids for listening any kind of music only, therefore, hearing aids are a tool for disability. A blind person uses a dog as his/her "tool" of disability. A various tool for any disability that some people may want or need it. It's not matter what she/he don't have an ability, she/he could use what he/she needs. Personally, in my own opinion, a word "handicapped" is quite insult to Deaf community and/or any disabled people. Why? Some of us found it pretty offensive because some non-disabled people just used a word to look down on us. I am not really pleasure what they think of, honestly. I really don't. In the importance note, a deafness is actually not a disease that what they think so. There is absolutely no reason to feel sorry for deaf people or any disabled people, otherwise, Deaf people (or any disability) will think it is pretty rude to say that.

4.) Why do you use a big letter, "D", for deaf? My personal opinion... To use a big letter, "D", for deaf because it is more polite and more respect for the Deaf community. We are not suppose to be pitiable unfairly, automatically considered as low qaulity of life for us, or some personal reasons. That's why I use a formal word for deaf people only.

5.) How come do Deaf people can talk while other Deaf people can't? Again, it's depend on an personal individual who is rasied by his/her parent. A child can be oral Deaf person because his/her parent's choice is for their child. A child can be sign-only Deaf person because of his/her parents are deaf. A child can be sign-only Deaf person because of hearing parents want him/her to learn sign language. There are so many reasons for each individual. That point is each parent's choice for their kids, however, my personal opinion is a child's choice instead of parent's choice. For that reason, I feel like a child don't have a choice for her/himself. It's kinda of unfair to me. But, it is so importance thing -- it's parent's personal choice for what the best thing do for their child, even it's not mine decision. If I have a child, I'd rather let him or her to have a decision for wanting to speak or not. Of course, I will teach my kid to learn how to sign language. (=

Take some words from my fictionpress profile..

Do it sound right? Need to edit? Add something? Just leave a comment here. :) Thanks.

Whatever your intentions are, leaving a comment like that (I will not tolerate flaming or stupid reviews.) is pretty harsh. As a writer, you should be open to all criticisms regardless of how big or small, how intelligent or stupid, how long or short, or whatever they are.

It's just a matter of ignoring them.

If a person says something stupid, then they're the ones making themselves look stupid in front of everyone else... not you. So, ignore them. ;)

Ok, then, here goes. This is a LOT of information but I am not going to get into a review because, honestly, the whole thing needs to be revamped. Please don't embarrass the deaf community by posting this on the Internet. Go get some help.

4.) Why do you use a big letter, "D", for deaf? My personal opinion... To use a big letter, "D", for deaf because it is more polite and more respect for the Deaf community. We are not suppose to be pitiable unfairly, automatically considered as low qaulity of life for us, or some personal reasons. That's why I use a formal word for deaf people only.

And don't forget about the cultural and language of the Deafness :)

Neat and positive writing as usual... I can't say anything to add extra because you say everything is good enough... ;)

Whatever your intentions are, leaving a comment like that (I will not tolerate flaming or stupid reviews.) is pretty harsh. As a writer, you should be open to all criticisms regardless of how big or small, how intelligent or stupid, how long or short, or whatever they are.

It's just a matter of ignoring them.

If a person says something stupid, then they're the ones making themselves look stupid in front of everyone else... not you. So, ignore them. ;)

Well, I already got flaming reviews ON MY STORIES and I don't want that. Since you think it's so harsh, how's about "I dont tolerant flaming reviews" or "no flaming reviews"? Thoughts? J/W

Ok, then, here goes. This is a LOT of information but I am not going to get into a review because, honestly, the whole thing needs to be revamped. Please don't embarrass the deaf community by posting this on the Internet. Go get some help.

Okay..

One more thing -- No, I won't go to embarrass Deaf community. I'd rather to keep this orginal information for Deaf community BECAUSE I'm tired of the same questions from readers.. As this thread, I am only asking for their opinions and suggestion and etc etc. I told you once and now I tell you again -- You dont need to drop a review, you can leave a COMMENT in here instead of in fictionpress.

But, revamped for whole of my profile? WHY?

Again, thanks for comment. ^_^

And don't forget about the cultural and language of the Deafness :)

Liebling:-))) said:
Neat and positive writing as usual... I can't say anything to add extra because you say everything is good enough...

Puyo -- Oh, yeah. I forget about that. Thanks for mention it! :D

Liebling -- Heh, thanks. :)

No problemo :) Your FAQ is wonderful, just don't listen to Tousi ;)

Check it out at some online journals since some ADers do not understand my thread. You can drop a comment over there, you know where it is. ;)

Let me clear it out to avoid misunderstanding...

Take some words from my fictionpress profile..

Do it sound right? Need to edit? Add something? Just leave a comment here. :) Thanks.

I think that's really neat your writing about Deaf facts and asking for input from others. Are you planning on educating hearing people about deaf facts?

I think that's really neat your writing about Deaf facts and asking for input from others. Are you planning on educating hearing people about deaf facts?

No, I tried to say I make a mini information so I dont have to describe a lot of infomation. Besides, for that reason, I already got the same questions, same comments, and go on from readers. So, it's easy for me to set up Deafness FAQ/Facts so they can read about that.

I currently find it. I think it is a good information:
- Facts on Deafness and Hearing Loss
- facts about deafness

But, I tried to find a best info for deaf community.. it look like it is hard to find it.

Thank you for your positive comments. :):)

I just found a solution way, so I'm going to edit my profile.

Still, you can drop a comment for any suggestion about this thread as if you wish to. :):)

I like the idea behind your FAQ. It's obvious people keep asking the same questions. Your answers are insightful and to the point. They could probably be edited a bit for grammar, but I don’t think it’s embarrassing.

You might want to add an unusual question or a funny anecdote or something that gives hearing people an idea about life from your point of view. I think that would make it more personable; it’s not a clinical FAQ after all. Let your personality shine through! Make it YOU.

I like the idea behind your FAQ. It's obvious people keep asking the same questions. Your answers are insightful and to the point. They could probably be edited a bit for grammar, but I don’t think it’s embarrassing.

You might want to add an unusual question or a funny anecdote or something that gives hearing people an idea about life from your point of view. I think that would make it more personable; it’s not a clinical FAQ after all. Let your personality shine through! Make it YOU.

:gpost:

That would make it stand out!

Back