Eyeglasses

Not just you....I use tinted lenses because of my light sensitivity. Even bright artifical light bothers me.

Good to know I'm not the only one! I always leave the place a bit cranky because it actually hurts to be in the bright sunlight for the first day or so. I do tend to adjust to it, but it takes me a day or two.

There were some past ads on TV saying something 'Trans.......'? with tinted glasses. :dunno: Tried to google the word, nothing comes up. (Or maybe it was an adjective.)

Got it! ... Transitions :)

Last edited:
It always amazes me everytime a I get a new prescription how much brighter and sharper everything looks. Even colors seem to be brighter. If I look at a tree, I can actually see the edges of the individual leaves instead of a big green blob on the top of a brown thing. And, I do the fiddle thing with my glasses when I get new ones, too. I call it the "I can't see it, I can see it" game, LOL.

Glad you are happy with your new glasses. Oh, and the balance thing should go away after a few days.

That's a way to call it a can't see/can see game, haha.

Since this is my 2nd day of wearing the glasses, it seems like it is helping a little bit but I just wish these headaches would go away. Ugh. Since I have astigmatism, it seems that the lens are trying to correct my left eyes because I've been feeling some pressures to the left eye instead of the right eye.

Also, the balance thing is still some what off but it is better than it was yesterday.

There were some past ads on TV saying something 'Trans.......'? with tinted glasses. :dunno: Tried to google the word, nothing comes up. (Or maybe it was an adjective.)

Ah, I've seen Transitions lens but I am not familiar with how effective it would be. From what I see, it will tint when you go outside and when u get inside a building, it will clear up. However, I wonder - Just how long will it clear up to it's rightful place?

Quite quickly ... possibly within a few seconds. It has never bothered me.

Yeah, that's a brand name. There used to be Photo-gray, and a couple of others that I can't remmy.

That's a way to call it a can't see/can see game, haha.

Since this is my 2nd day of wearing the glasses, it seems like it is helping a little bit but I just wish these headaches would go away. Ugh. Since I have astigmatism, it seems that the lens are trying to correct my left eyes because I've been feeling some pressures to the left eye instead of the right eye.

Also, the balance thing is still some what off but it is better than it was yesterday.

I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I get a new prescription (I have astigmatism, too), it feels like something pulling on my eyes for a couple of days. It isn't very comfortable , but it does go away. The more you wear your glasses, the quicker your eyes will adjust.

Ah, I've seen Transitions lens but I am not familiar with how effective it would be. From what I see, it will tint when you go outside and when u get inside a building, it will clear up. However, I wonder - Just how long will it clear up to it's rightful place?

I have that, real quick as you will not notice. :)

I have astigmatism as you do.

I use Crizal lens with transitions in a Safilo's "Team 7808" (titanium) frame

I like anything made by Essilor

"On your face, or in the case!"

Never saw this rhyming mnemonic before, but I wish I had, because I've allowed many pairs to be damaged.

Recently, my prescription changed drastically, including the need for "prisming." That and inflation boosted the price out of sight (so to speak), and my specs have to last till my next prescription change.

Thanks for getting on my case, Jillio. I think it out loud over and over, and glasses have been safe ever since.

Never saw this rhyming mnemonic before, but I wish I had, because I've allowed many pairs to be damaged.

Recently, my prescription changed drastically, including the need for "prisming." That and inflation boosted the price out of sight (so to speak), and my specs have to last till my next prescription change.

Thanks for getting on my case, Jillio. I think it out loud over and over, and glasses have been safe ever since.

You can thank my retired optometrist for drilling it into my head! I can relate to the out of sight prices. My last pair of lenses were $150.00 per lens....and the only thing I had added to the prescription was a 30% tint due to my light sensitivity. Can't afford to break those!

I remembered once I accidentally sat on my glasses on the bed ... and cried when they broke! So I learned from that incident on, I have been cautious where I put them when I have to take them off.

I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I get a new prescription (I have astigmatism, too), it feels like something pulling on my eyes for a couple of days. It isn't very comfortable , but it does go away. The more you wear your glasses, the quicker your eyes will adjust.

That's odd, because that's something I've never experienced. I also have an astigmatism. I think Chase mentioned a prism in his glasses? I believe I also have a prism in mine as well.

It sucks to get old! :lol:

I remembered once I accidentally sat on my glasses on the bed ... and cried when they broke! So I learned from that incident on, I have been cautious where I put them when I have to take them off.

Oh, good grief! I've run over my glasses before. I've had them fall off my face into a creek, and all sorts of "fun" things. I've not been kind to my glasses over the years. I also think I've sat on them a time or two, too! :lol:

That's odd, because that's something I've never experienced. I also have an astigmatism. I think Chase mentioned a prism in his glasses? I believe I also have a prism in mine as well.

Yeah, but it beats the heck out of the alternative!:giggle:

Hubby has had prismatic lenses since he was a kid, so it's not just for oldsters. :P

prismatic lenses

Thanks for the term. I couldn't read my ophthamologist's typical doctor script, and speech-reading the assistant, I could only pick up the prism part.

So my next appointment is Friday, May 16, 12:30 p.m. in Albany, Oregon. Should only take an hour, Reba. What's your hourly rate? Or do you charge extra for a little travel?

Hubby has had prismatic lenses since he was a kid, so it's not just for oldsters. :P

Thanks, Reba :giggle:

I have only heard of the prism once, so I assumed they had recently added it to the prescription, but maybe not.

Thanks for the term. I couldn't read my ophthamologist's typical doctor script, and speech-reading the assistant, I could only pick up the prism part.

So my next appointment is Friday, May 16, 12:30 p.m. in Albany, Oregon. Should only take an hour, Reba. What's your hourly rate? Or do you charge extra for a little travel?
For you, the hourly rate is waived.

For transportation, I want a private jet and chauffeured limo. :P

Well, It's day 3 for me now. Apparently I'm a newbie to the eyeglasses world. :giggle:

Anyway, So far it's adjusting for the better. Today I didn't even have a headache at all and the balance is mostly all gone which is good!

Back