EVIDENCE of being deaf with Hearing Aid device

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are profoundly deaf also. During this period of time, we do not recieve any language and we are forced to wear Hearing Aids or to listen.

Well what language do you want to receive? I truly don't understand.
I believe if you can't hear then it is normal you can't receive it... but if you are among SL then you most definitely can??

I dont mean to put my family down, but in all honesty my family is very negative about my deafness in m any ways. Only one person in my family, my sister, bothered to learn sign and even she doesnt know more than the basic alphabet. That is still limited conversation. I have always been angry and frustrated by not having real conversations with my mom or grandmother etc... This is why I am so dissapointed and let down by my family...

That may explain why are you so against HA and CI and hearing and speech. You probably feel rejected, less worthy and unaprecciated as a person because of your deafness? :dunno: and that is why you fiercely oppose any notion that hearinf for deaf can be good? I think this is understandable.
I would probably feel the same way..

Fuzzy

Well what language do you want to receive? I truly don't understand.
I believe if you can't hear then it is normal you can't receive it... but if you are among SL then you most definitely can??

The language i am referring to is ASL.
I want to receive for those d/Deaf children s best interest to learn a true language first before orally speaking. Those d/Deaf chlldren will learn how to speak orally later when they start to understand the concept of language first after they get BI BI cultural. Why bother to destroy the d/Deaf children's learning process ? It has nothing to do with our ears or mouth because literacy is the most important for all of us if you allowed those d/Deaf children to adapt their own deafness first and have a very positive outlook about being deaf.

That may explain why are you so against HA and CI and hearing and speech. You probably feel rejected, less worthy and unaprecciated as a person because of your deafness? and that is why you fiercely oppose any notion that hearinf for deaf can be good? I think this is understandable.
I would probably feel the same way..

Thats how I was subjected to audist attitude for not allowing me to be who I am, me ,myself, and the whole of me being deaf in the first place, I struggled all those years and I couldnt figure out why until I met someone who is Deaf himself that taught me many things and I realized it caused me to be so hateful and angry, something that I deal with everyday. Because hearing and speaking is not always the answer. Many parents do not know full information about the Deaf community, that we gave the gifted appreciation to share with Hearing people. That has been destroyed in many ways because they take and take without sharing, to make money for themselves.

If you dont know I had been wearing HA up until six years ago, I can hear the sounds with no problem however it s a very seldom that I understood the comprehension words that is very basic common language that we used every day. It s more of brainwashing into my head as a memory. That s not necessary because it s not working that way for many deafies.

I finally opened my eyes and quit wearing it .. I was so amazed that I felt so good and have seen a lot of improvement in myself as far as focusing better and my written English by reading and writing to practice all along.. I picked it up quickly after I used more of ASL and didnt have to depend on my deaf voices or wear Deaf aid. Also, I want people to see the real d/Deaf people and our hands to communicate that works very well for both Deaf and Hearing. NO doubt that because it s a two way street.

I feel that HA is not taking me nowhere that s when noise pollution affects my right ear bad because it enforced overrating my hearing loss, that is very wrong. As for CI, which gives people a bad headache..sore and painful. Because it damaged bad like hearing people can lose their hearing. So whats the difference between non Hearing aid and Hearing aid for me. NO matter what people think because we will always remain deaf and refuse to accept hearing persons expectations of us. Thats none of their concern for us being deaf. Leave us alone and let us be who we are and accept our deafness fully.

I like to add for others to read.. I did not really enjoy to read someone who talked about God issue. I felt that you are abusing to yourself as of you are abused God s words that I do not believe that we should be punished for being deaf. I dont believe God wants us to heal our deafness. It doesnt make any sense for me to tolerate this kind of attitude you have for deafness issue.

Thank you! ;)
Sweetmind

Sweetmind said:
As for CI, which gives people a bad headache..sore and painful. Because it damaged bad like hearing people can lose their hearing. So whats the difference between non Hearing aid and Hearing aid for me. NO matter what people think because we will always remain deaf and refuse to accept hearing persons expectations of us. Thats none of their concern for us being deaf. Leave us alone and let us be who we are and accept our deafness fully.

If you'd bother to read what's been said - those of us who wear CI's acknowledge our deafness, and don't lie about it. I know I'm deaf, period. I simply like to be able to hear with my CI. It helps me understand my environment better, appreciate music, communicate with people without having to focus so much on lipreading (I still lipread but its more 10% lipreading to 90% sound whereas with my hearing aid it was the opposite)

And my CI doesn't cause headaches or any pain or soreness. The only soreness I had was a couple days after surgery. By the third day I had absolutely NO pain whatsoever and healed quickly. It was one of the easiest surgeries I've ever experienced (and I've had several.)

YOU are latened deaf and out of order. Thank you!

The reason is that I can feel the music if you mind that is other alternative for me and many deafies. I enjoy the music with rhythm by feeling the vibration.

I know many of them do not understand the music unless they have to practice and practice to memory the song words into their brain system.. I know it so. I did it once on performance stage that got lost to understand the music with my HA after all I practice the signing song with my HA. Then I forgot again. That what it makes harder for me to learn process many things that I couldnt deal with all those years. sighs!

I am not a hearing person as you must know that first. Thank you!

MUSIC is not the issue that you think it s the most important thing.

Thanks!
Sweetmind

Sweetmind said:
YOU are latened deaf and out of order. Thank you!

The reason is that I can feel the music if you mind that is other alternative for me and many deafies. I enjoy the music with rhythm by feeling the vibratation.

I know many of them do not understand the music unless they have to practice and practice to memory the song words into their brain system.. I know it so. I did it once on performance stage that got lost to understand the music with my HA after all I practice the signing song with my HA. Then I forgot again. That what it makes harder for me to learn process many things that I couldnt deal with all those years. sighs!

MUSIC is not the issue that you think it s the most important thing.

Thanks!
Sweetmind
There's no need for that.

Thats how I was subjected to audist attitude for not allowing me to be who I am, me ,myself, and the whole of me being deaf in the first place, I struggled all those years and I couldnt figure out why until I met someone who is Deaf himself that taught me many things and I realized it caused me to be so hateful and angry, something that I deal with everyday.

Sadly, that also poisoned your objective outlook for things like HA and CI and other that involve hearing and oralism,
You can not be objective to these things because years and years of bitterness of those feelings caused you to create on pronciple immediate negative stand - about anything that involves hearing for deaf.

I am afraid that after years and years of feeling resentment, anger, hurt and other strong negative feelings about your deafness, and your family attitude toward your deafness, you UNCONSCIOUSLY on the spot feel very negative about the subject.

You can't help it. I hope that if you perhaps could resolve these old matters of hurt and unrealistic demands from you with your family and achieve some peace,
in future you may feel more relaxed about HA and CI as they really are not damaging deaf pple they really are not. Especially nowadays, XXI century when pple are more and more aware of so many thigns deafness included..

I agree with you when you say hearing people shouldn't push hearing on deaf AT ALL COST, but you see - the possibility of hearing for deaf pple via HA or CI does not have to be or-or. It can be good for deaf pple to hear some too.

of course your point about SL as natural and true language is very very interesting and I believe in this aspect you are so right. it does make sense. But it's not all.
I too, believe literacy and knowing hearing English is what matter in the end.
on the other hand we all live in the overwhelmingly hearing world that depends on sounds, and it would be also good to hear something.

I believe BOTH opportunities should be available to deaf pple, children most of all, and later everyone may choose as they wish- as did you..

NO matter what people think because we will always remain deaf and refuse to accept hearing persons expectations of us.

But you see you shouldn't make your decision based on what other pple think of you or want from you. You shouldn't get (or not) CI or HA because of other pple expectations.
You should get CI if YOU want to hear, if that's what YOU want. Not because your mom or dad or whoever want you to. It should be what YOU want.. only what YOU WANT.. for your own pleasure.

Fuzzy

Sweetmind said:
.......As for CI, which gives people a bad headache..sore and painful.
Sweetmind, you got some excellent information from a CI-user....
Neecy said:
.......And my CI doesn't cause headaches or any pain or soreness. The only soreness I had was a couple days after surgery. By the third day I had absolutely NO pain whatsoever and healed quickly. It was one of the easiest surgeries I've ever experienced (and I've had several.).........
Sweetmind, did you understand that what you assume is nonsense or do you choose to ignore it - or both??
My daughter has NEVER show any pain in relation to her CI. After her surgery the only painkiller she got was 1 asprine. That's all.

Sweetmind said:
.......Because it damaged bad like hearing people can lose their hearing. ....
So, as a hearing person, if I would get CI, I would be damaged, because I would loose my hearing... YOU ARE RIGHT!!!

Sweetmind said:
.......MUSIC is not the issue that you think it s the most important thing............
Music is a very important thing. Have a look around you.
Music makes people laugh, cry. Makes statements, creates athmosphere.

MUSIC IS BIG! Music is about communication.

It's not the most important thing... but it gets close!

Audiofuzzy said:
Sadly, that also poisoned your objective outlook for things like HA and CI and other that involve hearing and oralism,
You can not be objective to these things because years and years of bitterness of those feelings caused you to create on pronciple immediate negative stand - about anything that involves hearing for deaf.

I am afraid that after years and years of feeling resentment, anger, hurt and other strong negative feelings about your deafness, and your family attitude toward your deafness, you UNCONSCIOUSLY on the spot feel very negative about the subject.

You can't help it. I hope that if you perhaps could resolve these old matters of hurt and unrealistic demands from you with your family and achieve some peace,
in future you may feel more relaxed about HA and CI as they really are not damaging deaf pple they really are not. Especially nowadays, XXI century when pple are more and more aware of so many thigns deafness included..

I agree with you when you say hearing people shouldn't push hearing on deaf AT ALL COST, but you see - the possibility of hearing for deaf pple via HA or CI does not have to be or-or. It can be good for deaf pple to hear some too.

of course your point about SL as natural and true language is very very interesting and I believe in this aspect you are so right. it does make sense. But it's not all.
I too, believe literacy and knowing hearing English is what matter in the end.
on the other hand we all live in the overwhelmingly hearing world that depends on sounds, and it would be also good to hear something.

I believe BOTH opportunities should be available to deaf pple, children most of all, and later everyone may choose as they wish- as did you..

But you see you shouldn't make your decision based on what other pple think of you or want from you. You shouldn't get (or not) CI or HA because of other pple expectations.
You should get CI if YOU want to hear, if that's what YOU want. Not because your mom or dad or whoever want you to. It should be what YOU want.. only what YOU WANT.. for your own pleasure.

Fuzzy
:gpost:

Cloggy (Hearing)/Neecy (former hearing and became deaf at age nine) Will you both please back off and leave us alone from now on?? I have had enough of your attitude toward me and my own deafness that need to be told the truth.? You have no respect me or many other deafies who have the same problem that CI will not make any difference for us in many ways. SO quit pushing about CI itself alone. TOO MUCH DENIALS from audist attitude people who doesnt accept or respect our i mportance needs.

I m so sick of people who come here to destroy my topic that needs to have the wake up calls before you create more damaged on those d/Deaf children that those kids are not hearing after became deaf at earliest age or former hearing.

CI is not the answer 100 percent and is horrible to destroy those d/Deaf childen s adapation or a true langauge.

If I have CI that is still not going to help me anyway. PERIOD!

I feel that I m not allowed to share or tell the truth that s what I m getting it from your audist attitude. you couldnt accept and respect my reason to tell the truth and stand up for d/Deaf children who are not latened deaf. PERIOD!!!. It s not always the answer that u are wishing for all d/Deaf children to have CI that is full of it. JEEZ!

Why force those d/Deaf children have to have those devices for your sakes? Scoffs! None of your concerns until a child get the taste with HA first. ALSO I do not believe all d/Deaf children dont hear with HA so they can get them implant CI. I feel this is full of it after what CI audiologist told the parents.

GUESS WHAT!!! Every time they bring music up as an excuse to force the CI on children, I have ZERO TOLERANCE. Thank you!

Thank you! ;)

Last edited:
Cloggy said:

Explain how this is so--I'm HEARING and I think that's :bsflag:

That was a very audist thing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmind

......MUSIC is not the issue that you think it s the most important thing............

Cloggy 's

MUSIC IS IMPORTANT??? Since when? Sighs! YOU SAID SO that is full of bullshyte. You cannot make me , so be it. The problem is you and your audist attitude tend to force force force force that turns me off.

That s very disrespectful that you stated.

Guess What!!!! Every time they bring music up as an excuse to force the CI on children, I have ZERO TOLERANCE.

Very discouraged,

Sweetmind

Cloggy said:
Sweetmind, you got some excellent information from a CI-user....
Sweetmind, did you understand that what you assume is nonsense or do you choose to ignore it - or both??
My daughter has NEVER show any pain in relation to her CI. After her surgery the only painkiller she got was 1 asprine. That's all.

So, as a hearing person, if I would get CI, I would be damaged, because I would loose my hearing... YOU ARE RIGHT!!!
Not all CI users are that way. That's Sweetmind's point. Here in the US, at least, there is an abundance of information on the POSSIBLE good outcome with them, with no emphasis on the negatives. Please understand that she is just trying to make a point that CI's aren't always as good as most people say they are, and the possibly negative results could be disasterous.

Sweetmind, why is it any time somebody disagrees with you - or points out a mistake or misunderstanding of yours- you call them an audist? It seems to be your catchall phrase for anybody you don't like - even if they are big-D-Deaf!!!!

Just because I'm latened deaf does'nt mean my imput or opinion means any less. You said CI's hurt - well they don't! Mine does'nt. Cloggy's daughter doesn't. Why not acknowledge once in a while that you have made a mistake instead of getting into yet another round of your "audist hysterics"?

gnulinuxman said:
Not all CI users are that way. That's Sweetmind's point. Here in the US, at least, there is an abundance of information on the POSSIBLE good outcome with them, with no emphasis on the negatives. Please understand that she is just trying to make a point that CI's aren't always as good as most people say they are, and the possibly negative results could be disasterous.
You've mentioned that before...."the possibly negative results could be disasterous", but never explained that.
It's easy to say but please explain it!!

Sweetmind is accusing people wrongly AND spreading wrong information. I have no problem if people explain about how it can also NOT be successfull, but to generalise like she does is just plain ... can't find the word.

Any explanation given to her is just ignored and the statement is used over and over again....
Time to give up the black/white view of 10-20 years ago and ask questions instead of just assuming.

And, being hearing; Music is big. It's not a reason to use CI, but for the hearing world it is big.

sweetmind said:
I m so sick of people who come here to destroy my topic that needs to have the wake up calls before you create more damaged on those d/Deaf children that those kids are not hearing after became deaf at earliest age or former hearing.

Perhaps it is because you continue to make up new topics that spew the same misinformation, misjudgement, propaganda and ignorance? In the face of evidence that is repeatedly presented to you which you chose to ignore? Its only with the hope that maybe one day you'll actually READ what's said instead of making assumptions or intentionally ignoring points people make when you are wrong, in favor if screaming "AUDIST!"

MY POINT IS that you have no right to cover up your deafness since you give people the wrong impression since you are latened deaf that shouldnt compare between you as a former hearing and me as a deaf person if you dont mind.

I can see you just dont get it or got to have a big bigotry attitude that u think you know it all about deafness itself. Deafness is not the one group of Latened deaf. Thank you!

Thats why I m here and set up the new post topic. All of sudden you bashed my purpose to educate people who doesnt know the difference about deafness from former hearing and born deaf and became deaf at earliest age.. Thats all to it.. YOU REFUSED to see the whole point here. READ it carefully and show your respect for a d/Deaf person like me.

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Sweetmind

gnulinuxman said:

Acutally - if the last 5 years of reading her posts are of any indcation - Sweetmind thinks there are NO positive results of CI's and everything is negative. I've never once heard her say a single solitary positive thing about CI's. Whenever somebody makes a point to her to show where she's made a mistake, she finds a reason to disregard them (they're latened deaf, they're hearing, they're hard of hearing, they were mainstreamed instead of going to a deaf school, they use SEE instead of ASL...the list is endless.)

Perhaps its because we hold the hope (however slim) that one day she will really TRY to understand what's being said to her instead of dismissing it.

OH YEA you have been negative about HA devices all the time as far as I find this is full of it.. Thats very untruthful about HA that you think most deaf chlidren couldnt hear well. NICE EXCUSES I have seen that you are trying to encourage the parents to get CI for all d/Deaf children that is not right.

CI is not the whole answer that you want them to believe that is the answer.. SCoffs!

Of course I am very against CI that hurts d/Deaf children s true identity from the start. So be it! I aint kissing your arses because you are forcing me to like or agree about CI... Scoffs!

Grow up!

Sweetmind said:
OH YEA you have been negative about HA devices all the time as far as I find this is full of it.. Thats very untruthful about HA that you think most deaf chlidren couldnt hear well. NICE EXCUSES I have seen that you are trying to encourage the parents to get CI for all d/Deaf children that is not right.

CI is not the whole answer that you want them to believe that is the answer.. SCoffs!

Of course I am very against CI that hurts d/Deaf children s true identity from the start. So be it! I aint kissing your arses because you are forcing me to like or agree about CI... Scoffs!

Grow up!

I'm not negative about HA's at all!! I wore 2 HA's for more than 20 years!!!! I had stopped getting any noticable advantage from the HA's and thats why I decided to go ahead and get my CI. If a child can get a benefit from a HA they aren't considered a candidate for a CI anyway so its a moot point!

I challenge you to point out where I've told parents to implant their children. I've done nothing but encourage parents who have already made the decision themselves (they need to see that not everybody hates them for doing best by their children) but I've never once told a deaf parent to implant their child.

OF COURSE CI is not "the whole answer" - there are many people who can't benefit from them, or who chose not to use them, or a plethora of other reasons. CI's are just one of MANY tools that are available to the deaf, to use as they deem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back