Ever Done a Dishwasher Job?

Outsider

Reaction score
the-dishwasher.jpg
Boy, this job was the worst job I had to take even I knew I would hate it. Like the photo above is what dishwasher look like. I used to do dishwasher when I was in my late teenager and I didn't last long. Now, I am back in this dishwasher position again and it's even worst than my past one. Because this TRATA is a busy restaurant that require 3 or 4 dishwasher guys. I should of stay at my previous job at DiBella's Old Fashioned Submarines. My last position there was Shift Manager and it wasn't a simple job but better than being a dishwasher.

I have been more tired since I start working for TRATA and my hand get some damage like dry skin and some minor cut. Every day, I kept thinking how stupid I was to get into this job even it wasn't stupid about having an income than none.

Have you ever experienced dishwasher?

yes i did when i was in high school year in many years ago. that was my first real job with the pay checks.

And now i promoted to Lead Production Consultant in a printing company.

Yep, I sure have.....and it was after I had retired from my Newspaper job.....and Yes, it's hard, hot, dirty and stinky work!.....I got the first-hand knowledge of how hard Restaurant workers work for such a low salary.....

I washed dishes for about 3 months, learning other things at the same time for a Seafood Restaurant on the Beach....I'll never forget the experience....I was also a prep cook...an assistant cook...ran the Salad Bar (hot & cold)...and then onto Quality Control & Cleaniness for the Restaurant.

Yup, in RIT. It wasn't fun. Got burned on my arm because the water was too hot. It got busy especially at night time when kids got out of classes and go eat dinner at Dining Commons. I don't miss it at all, but I missed my bosses there. They were funny and cool. Hope to visit them sometime next year.

Yea, not missing these position at all. Used to work as dishwasher for Pizza Hut on W. Henrietta rd near Bailey rd. There is pro in it, it did land me better job in the end.

It was one of the responsibilities loaded with another job I had doing prep work until we found I was allergic soaps and cleaners. Then they moved me on.

Of course, twice in my life.
In my youth, when I needed make easy money in the summer :)
(easy, not big, lol)

Indeed, greasy, yucky job...

That's why we need to respect those people who are willing do this
so we can enjoy a nice meal in the restaurant, for instance.

Fuzzy

Never been in that position, but I have heard a lot of stories about dishwashing job. I always wash fork/spoon/knives at restaurant before use. I refuse to drink a glass of water.

Never been in that position, but I have heard a lot of stories about dishwashing job. I always wash fork/spoon/knives at restaurant before use. I refuse to drink a glass of water.

Welll, I refuse to have a fresh slice of lemon in my Tea...lemons and veggies are sometimes not washed by prep cooks....

Yup, in RIT. It wasn't fun. Got burned on my arm because the water was too hot. It got busy especially at night time when kids got out of classes and go eat dinner at Dining Commons. I don't miss it at all, but I missed my bosses there. They were funny and cool. Hope to visit them sometime next year.

I used to work at RIT/NTID Commons too. Back in 2002 -03, I was serving food to students.

Actually, I have...worked at Pizza Hut after highschool. Nobody liked doin it b/c all of them complained. One day, I got a phone call from work and washed dishes all night b/c they found a lot of molds on everything. I worked there maybe a yr. There was a blind guy worked there at the same time I worked there. He wasnt there very long. One night a blonde bimbo jumped on top of pizza upside down and she slipped and fell on her head. :lol: It was her pizza and she dropped it from oven. Boy, her fat ass saved her. :lol:

:shock:

You get weird looks from patrons? :lol:

At the table? Exactly how and with what do you do that? :hmm:

Fuzzy

At the table? Exactly how and with what do you do that? :hmm:

Fuzzy

with a disinfectant paper. or ask a waiter for a cup of hot water and dunk your utensils in it and wipe it clean.

that's what couple of my friends do.

Back