Ever Done a Dishwasher Job?

I have a family member (out of state) who every time she goes out to eat, she has 2 wet washcloths in ziplocks she takes along. One with soapy water and with other with clean water. She will wash all the silver and also the table and seats.

This may sound crazy, but when I'm in my "I want to escape the stress of life" mood, I imagine myself as a dishwasher in a small restaurant called Clemente's. It's tucked in between a cineplex parking garage and a used car lot, and I start a new life hiding in the Clemente kitchen washing dishes and no one woulod even imagine finding me there. Yeah, I'm stressed out! :laugh2:

Yeah my very first and last job. It wasn't awful. I worked at a motorcycle bar where they and my father often come in to drink. Being 17 I was not allowed to serve alcohol so they had me in kitchen cleaning dishes. It was never as busy as yours and I often take breaks without boss' permission and socialize with drunkards that came in every day.

I did the dishwashing job when I was in high school. Was not too bad since it was likea big family. We partied when we shut down, usually with booze we would liberate . This kind of job can also let you move up. If you show the boss you work hard. I was doing food prep and some simple. Fod and soups at the end. Made me aware of what to look out for when I eat out though

I have a family member (out of state) who every time she goes out to eat, she has 2 wet washcloths in ziplocks she takes along. One with soapy water and with other with clean water. She will wash all the silver and also the table and seats.
Sounds like Adrian Monk's dream date. ;)

This may sound crazy, but when I'm in my "I want to escape the stress of life" mood, I imagine myself as a dishwasher in a small restaurant called Clemente's. It's tucked in between a cineplex parking garage and a used car lot, and I start a new life hiding in the Clemente kitchen washing dishes and no one woulod even imagine finding me there. Yeah, I'm stressed out! :laugh2:
I know the feeling.

I sometimes feel at peace when I'm just standing there in the kitchen cleaning all the dishes. The water's running. The sponge's soapy. The rack's waiting. I feel a sense of accomplishment when the sink's empty and the rack's full. ;)

Yeah my very first and last job. It wasn't awful. I worked at a motorcycle bar where they and my father often come in to drink. Being 17 I was not allowed to serve alcohol so they had me in kitchen cleaning dishes. It was never as busy as yours and I often take breaks without boss' permission and socialize with drunkards that came in every day.

Never took it on as a job, but I've cleaned entire kitchens before. (Like you need another nasty description to gag about! LOL) You are one tough cookie to handle biker drunkards!

Yep, been there, done that. I was a dishwasher/assistant server at O'Charley's for a summer. I was fresh out of college for my frosh year and I hated it. I told myself that I would not ever want to go back there. The funny thing is, through the job, I got to make new friends - taught them some ASL. One of them ended up becoming a certified ASL interpreter and to this day, we're still friends.

Yep, been there, done that. I was a dishwasher/assistant server at O'Charley's for a summer. I was fresh out of college for my frosh year and I hated it. I told myself that I would not ever want to go back there. The funny thing is, through the job, I got to make new friends - taught them some ASL. One of them ended up becoming a certified ASL interpreter and to this day, we're still friends.
I had a friend like that. I was majoring in Information Technoly getting my BS degree. I became friends with a classmate who was learning sign language. He had learned a lot of sign language during his years in the major. He graduated with me. When we were lined up at our graduation ceremony, he said to me... "Hey, I'm gonna stay longer and get a degree in interpreting!" Awesome!

Back