Even Cat wears CI!

It's just an experiment. They are mainly interested in cat's behavioral response to CI.

Cute cat, though.

It's just an experiment. They are mainly interested in cat's behavioral response to CI.

Cute cat, though.

Yeah that is my point ! The poor cat is being used as a lab rat and that is horrible! I love to see the people have holes drilled in their head and see how they like! Unfortunately being a cute cat is not save it from being abused. This is why people need to get their pets fixed so animals will not end up homeless and send to labs to be abused!

Cute cat, though.

No they weren't interested in the cat's behavior at all. They wanted to find out the affects of a CI on the auditory nerves, which it does which is terrific!!

It is the RESULT of a medical condition.

Meh I think you're splitting hairs. I bet if you had a condition that effected your bladder functioning properly you wouldn't be quibbling about it.

If you're deaf your ears are not functioning as they should, there is something biologically wrong with them. That is the sad sorry truth, the bitter pill to swallow. I for one am glad that the medical community researches treatments and methods of improving the hearing of the deaf.

I don't understand, if we have a solution for something, why would we not share it with our animal friends?

Lets face it, a deaf cat is as good as dead if it can't hear cars when crossing the street or a dog coming up from behind to kill it. Yes, it couldn't voice a choice, but to be sure NOBODY knows what that choice would be. So, it is NOT clear the cat is for or against getting the implant.

I dated a woman who had a diabetic cat which needed regular shots. At the same time everyday, the cat would come around to get it's shot. I was totally awe struck by this. Based on this, I'd say that cat is happy to get help, just my opinion.

I don't understand, if we have a solution for something, why would we not share it with our animal friends?

Lets face it, a deaf cat is as good as dead if it can't hear cars when crossing the street or a dog coming up from behind to kill it. Yes, it couldn't voice a choice, but to be sure NOBODY knows what that choice would be. So, it is NOT clear the cat is for or against getting the implant.

I dated a woman who had a diabetic cat which needed regular shots. At the same time everyday, the cat would come around to get it's shot. I was totally awe struck by this. Based on this, I'd say that cat is happy to get help, just my opinion.

That cat was killed and its brain dissected. Based on that, I think the cat would have preferred a full lifespan with deafness.

Some of my friends have deaf cats. I will tell them to get their cats implanted.

And I still don't view deafness from a medical model. I view it from a cultural model.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WmoVGYhJF4]My Deaf Dog Pah Hearing!!! - YouTube[/ame]

In American Sign Language (ASL), I have a deaf Dalmatian and finally my dog is now hearing with the aid of Cochlear Implant. It costs around 20,000 to 25,000 dollars for the full operation. But alias, I got a hefty fine from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animal (SPCA) for my crime to turn my dog into one of the laboratory animals with machines attached to them. So it is actually an allegory for cochlear implant deaf babies against their will. Just a thought! I am proud to be profounded deaf that can do what the hearing people do as Disc Jockey (DJ). Take care with love in peace!

That cat was killed and its brain dissected. Based on that, I think the cat would have preferred a full lifespan with deafness.

I'm sorry, perhaps I missed something, where does it say in the article the cats were killed?

Do you have to kill something to take a sample of the synapses of auditory nerve fibers? The cats were born deaf, correct?

I'm sorry, perhaps I missed something, where does it say in the article the cats were killed?

Do you have to kill something to take a sample of the synapses of auditory nerve fibers? The cats were born deaf, correct?

The article showed pictures of sections of their brain tissue. You get that by taking out the brain and slicing it.

The article showed pictures of sections of their brain tissue. You get that by taking out the brain and slicing it.

Perhaps they made brain implants to fill the void? BTW, the article states that these deaf cats, once implanted, would come when their name was called. That makes them appear to be....dogs.

Yes, but that is also what happens when you remove a brain tumor as in the case of Vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma) where the main nerve is affected. Correct?

My point is, we don't know whether the cat was killed.

While I don't advocate the killing of anything, medical science did not get where it is today without breaking a few eggs(both human and animal). And, I really wish it wasn't like that, but it is what it is.

In my case, if I see a bird get killed or something of that nature, I give a little more food to the birds in my back yard. I know I can't, and it won't, solve the problem, but it makes me feel better.

Perhaps they made brain implants to fill the void? BTW, the article states that these deaf cats, once implanted, would come when their name was called. That makes them appear to be....dogs.

"Come here Fido...oops, Come here Whiskers!"

And this prove that I am right about the cat being used as a lab rat and I will never give money for any medical research that use animals.

And this prove that I am right about the cat being used as a lab rat and I will never give money for any medical research that use animals.

I don't either. I do however give money to save animals, and to my favorite deaf school.

Charity is a very good thing, if chosen correctly.

Back