EVDO + iSight + XMeeting = freedom vp!!!

EDGE

Reaction score
I hook up with my treo 700p as modem to my iBook. And I found XMeeting, thank to DeafTech.net. I install and use with iSight. I tried call it with ip-address to my friend. Wow, it work. Frame isn't that bad, and it seem accept.

Imagine that!! I was off the road and I able to use videophone from my laptop to call someone! So awesome!

I have isight and i tried call my friend from isight to vp and it not even work at all. can you help me??

thanks

Wow! I am glad you got info! I did not know about that. I have Mac computers up here in my home. :bump:

I also have my own PowerBook! That will be prefect without SideKick 3?

Treo 700p + Sprint EVDO + PowerBook + iSight/iChat AV= FREEDOM!
Filed under: Wireless — Editor @ 4:19 pm
These past couple of weeks I’ve been playing with a new toy of mine - a Sprint Treo 700p. The biggest reason I got this device was that the new Treo 700p uses Sprint’s EVDO (Power Vision) network. EVDO is a 3G wireless network standard that gives you high speed wireless connections comparable to basic DSL. Now I am able to get online anywhere my Treo has Power Vision coverage, and work like I am at home. This includes using my iSight webcam and iChat AV via my Apple PowerBook to place person to person (p2p) video calls and VRS calls! This gives me a lot of freedom to get more done away from home! I am even able to call VP-100 videophones with a new program called XMeeting.

With access to EVDO technology, I feel liberated from having to be somewhere there is a high speed network connection just to be able to make video calls - technically I can do what everyone else in the world has been doing - getting rid of their landline. In fact, if my wife didn’t need internet at home, I’d have already cancelled my home internet connection! My internet connection now follows me around on my belt.

I will be posting more articles here in the coming weeks on different topics related to this EVDO technology - what is available now, and what is coming later, a review of the Sprint Treo 700p, details on how to turn your Treo 700p into a wireless modem for your laptop, and more! Stay tuned on how you can gain your freedom too!

I have isight and i tried call my friend from isight to vp and it not even work at all. can you help me??

thanks

download 'xmeeting' - see link on 1st post. it allow you dial ip-address to any sorenson vp, and event to netmeeting! Depend on their firewall or router that allow. eh eh.

I did test one who use switch to hub and I get no incoming video on my computer while the user can see me. :-/

Regular one that been hook modem or just router, I got it thru work. w-ee-ird.

Wow. Impressive. If the framerates aren't bad, well, I wonder if one could use it with a PC for Netmeeting or another kind of VRS software.

Thanks for sharing, Edge. I'll test it out and see how it goes. ;)

Wow. Impressive. If the framerates aren't bad, well, I wonder if one could use it with a PC for Netmeeting or another kind of VRS software.

I was able to use Windows NetMeeting to dial up (use ip-address) to hook up with sorenson vp. As I wonder... where heck is software for Mac that similar to NetMeeting? Volia! I XMeeting is my answer. yay!

I hook up with my treo 700p as modem to my iBook. And I found XMeeting, thank to DeafTech.net. I install and use with iSight. I tried call it with ip-address to my friend. Wow, it work. Frame isn't that bad, and it seem accept.

Imagine that!! I was off the road and I able to use videophone from my laptop to call someone! So awesome!

That is cool.. I got to try this. I know EVDO upload speed is much slower than download. I was wondering how many FPS you were able to send out though that?

Wireless carriers are starting to add/replace their EVDO technology with RevA chipset which will let you upload up to 1.8mbps compared to approx 50-100kbps on Rev0 chipset. Unforunately most of my area is using Rev0.

Richard

As in the Xmeeting for Mac users. What about PC users - aka NetMeeting, correct?

what else can i do with my treo 700p now i'm starting to appericate it even more and more :wiggle:

Can you tell me how to set the software properly, I have tried to and it seems to fail due to gatekeeper shit.

Back