EnVision SL

I still have Envision SL on my Lappy. Still works great

I downloaded Sprint VRS w/ vp chat. It sucks!!

I prefer lighter software that runs smooth and fast.

Catty

I say Viable Vision is better than any other vrs app for pc so far and most recently new version 5.3.11, they only runs automatic update itself when you login on, the screen pop-up will ask you if you want to update from 5.3.8 to 5.3.11 now.

old thread link at http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/49246-calling-vp-using-pc.html and http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/51278-vrs-pc.html

BTW, stay away from Envision SL if you are using Vista but work fine with XP however Envision SL is still outdated and phone number server is down as far I know.

VV has lots of feature like DVR recording while chat and playback video looks cool and missed calls feature like vp-200.

just my 2 cents.

Dg

I say Viable Vision better than any other vrs app for pc so far and most recently new version 5.3.11, they only runs automatic update itself when you login on, the pop up screen will ask you if you want to update from 5.3.8 to 5.3.11 now.

old thread link at http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/49246-calling-vp-using-pc.html http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/51278-vrs-pc.html

BTW, stay away from Envision SL if you are using Vista but work fine with XP however Envision SL is still outdated and phone number server is down as far I know.

VV has lots of feature like DVR recording while chat and playback video look cool.

just my 2 cents.

Dg

Hear, hear!

My only problem is I cannot get incoming VP calls to work. SN calls work fine however. VV tech support was on the computer with me for 2 hours, we tried EVERYTHING we could think of and were unable to get it resolved.. So if your running vista and are able to get VV to receive calls, please let me know, so I can fix mine.. We did port forwarding and every other little thing we could think of.

Aim: shwnsumma or VV SN shawnsumma

I say Viable Vision is better than any other vrs app for pc so far and most recently new version 5.3.11, they only runs automatic update itself when you login on, the screen pop-up will ask you if you want to update from 5.3.8 to 5.3.11 now.

old thread link at http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/49246-calling-vp-using-pc.html and http://www.alldeaf.com/deaf-products-technologies/51278-vrs-pc.html

VV has lots of feature like DVR recording while chat and playback video looks cool and missed calls feature like vp-200.

just my 2 cents.

Dg

Last edited:
You can not recieve calls by IP address onto the computer, ONLY Viable VSN screenname that can call you onto the computer. But if you want to make a call to a friend with the IP address, YOU have to call them, they can't.

Wierd, you would have thought the Viable Tech would have known I'm not able to receive calls? He worked on it for 2 hours to no avail.

Too stupid to know that, you should complain to the supervisor about this tech staff.

My only problem is I cannot get incoming VP calls to work. SN calls work fine however. VV tech support was on the computer with me for 2 hours, we tried EVERYTHING we could think of and were unable to get it resolved.. So if your running vista and are able to get VV to receive calls, please let me know, so I can fix mine.. We did port forwarding and every other little thing we could think of.

Aim: shwnsumma or VV SN shawnsumma

did you enable firewall for VV ?

Dg

Actually, this is incorrect. Viable tech was finally able to fix my settings to recieve calls. I can get VP calls, as well as VSN calls.

SO, if anyone else is having problems getting this setup, I can help out. It only took us two days to get it working, but finally accomplished it and I can now let my friends call me, instead of them texting me to call them.

You can not recieve calls by IP address onto the computer, ONLY Viable VSN screenname that can call you onto the computer. But if you want to make a call to a friend with the IP address, YOU have to call them, they can't.

I called Sorenson's tech support about EnvisionSL. They told me that they are no longer support EnvisionSL. They do not have any update verison.

Hovrs VideoSign 3.0 is better feature and quality than VideoSign 2.5. It will be coming soon. I don't know when will it be available.

HOVRS is better. So did Viable too!! It's slick smooth video. I711 (now part of HOVRS) uses flashplayer on browser and it works really well with my webcam connection and video slick and smooth..

Don't DownLoad and install SPRINT VRS software!!! They're sucky and bogs down performance on video and CPU. Many Sprint terps told me that my video is choppy and slow and want me to check my bandwith!!! (My video was laggy when I tried to talk to them) I have Logitech Fusion webcam, video runs smooth and slick and it had the most recent update software and my lappy had plenty of RAM space and 1.8Ghz AMD Turion 64bit processor and plenty of hard drive space.. Heh, hey I'm on 7mpbs Roadrunner broadband and Speedtest show 7mpbs Download, 480mpbs Upload. VP200 is slicky smooth on my broadband connecton so Blame it on Sprint's problem. They don't want to admit they are the one who is causing problem!!!

Actually there's nothing wrong with my broadband speed. It's the fault of Sprint's VP software!! I uninstalled it and use HOVRS software and it runs slick and smooth!

IMHO, Sprint's software is bulky and use CPU resources heavily. It was slow installing software. It's nothing new with Sprint Speed and Sprint Blackberry Desktop manager that hoarded my time during installation!!! They need to LIGHTEN it up!! Sprint's software are HELLISH!!!

Evision SL no longer in use Even though you can download and use it for VRS or chat with deafie through Ip address dial up. You'll have to configure the software so it won't annoys you with pop ups error message.

Catty

HOVRS is better. So did Viable too!! It's slick smooth video. I711 (now part of HOVRS) uses flashplayer on browser and it works really well with my webcam connection and video slick and smooth..

Don't DownLoad and install SPRINT VRS software!!! They're sucky and bogs down performance on video and CPU. Many Sprint terps told me that my video is choppy and slow and want me to check my bandwith!!! (My video was laggy when I tried to talk to them) I have Logitech Fusion webcam, video runs smooth and slick and it had the most recent update software and my lappy had plenty of RAM space and 1.8Ghz AMD Turion 64bit processor and plenty of hard drive space.. Heh, hey I'm on 7mpbs Roadrunner broadband and Speedtest show 7mpbs Download, 480mpbs Upload. VP200 is slicky smooth on my broadband connecton so Blame it on Sprint's problem. They don't want to admit they are the one who is causing problem!!!

Actually there's nothing wrong with my broadband speed. It's the fault of Sprint's VP software!! I uninstalled it and use HOVRS software and it runs slick and smooth!

IMHO, Sprint's software is bulky and use CPU resources heavily. It was slow installing software. It's nothing new with Sprint Speed and Sprint Blackberry Desktop manager that hoarded my time during installation!!! They need to LIGHTEN it up!! Sprint's software are HELLISH!!!

Evision SL no longer in use Even though you can download and use it for VRS or chat with deafie through Ip address dial up. You'll have to configure the software so it won't annoys you with pop ups error message.

Catty

Sprint VRS software does not have fps rate settings that is why it's slow and possible locked fps around 15 to 24 fps who knows ? VV allow you changes fps rate from 15 to 30 fps in the order to make video so smooth, that would be choose 30fps locked all the time no problem with VV,

What is fps ? it's called "Frame Per Second" short word, Catty, Of course you know it, this is for other member who are noobs, beginners.

Any video webcam with support up to 30fps max and VV with 30fps setting that will be great, smooth, clear as whistle.

Any video webcam with only support 15fps max will not work very well, it's will cause laggy, choppy, black screen, froze screen, etc...

BTW, not all PC vrs software are equals.

I am very curious with new VideoSign 3.0 if they can match to VV.

Just my 2 cents.

Dg

Last edited:
HOVRS VideoSign 3.0 may be available next month (October). I hope so. I know that several customers had problem with VideoSign 2.5 on Vista operation.

I like Viable Vision but I do not like how it is very heavy reliable on resources, it makes my firefox so slow while in the call on VV.. they should make a lighter version of Viable Vision, even though I have 1.5 GB of RAM, i think it is my processor slowing me down.

Back