Encourage your child to dream....

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
Encourage your child to dream about the future

Today's hectic schuedules make it even harder for parents to stay in touch with their children, but you can't help your child achieve his dreams if you don't know what he's dreaming about...Ask your child what he/she loves to do, and why your child loves it so much...Your child will be thrilled to tell you and you may learn things about your child you never knew...If your child says he/she wants to be an astronaut, don't pour cold water on their dream..Instead, help your child read stories about space flight...Share things you love to do....You might even talk about how you chose your own path in life....Your child will know some failures along the way....Remind your child that a failure is just a lesson to be learned...Your child should keep dreaming BIG...

My second son wants to be an artist, he draw so many amazing pictures even he is the best artist in his classroom...Since Roadrunner knows about art and he is good at creating art and making amazing pictures, now that he is helping my son become a skill artist and has show him so much of the drawing he had done in the past....I could see my son was so interesting and sure was so involved into it...

My first son wants to be a famous football player, and we're working on getting him in that type of sport also he has been practicing with Roadrunner almost everyday, trying to a better football player...:)

Please do share about what your child's dreams are and what you can do by helping them achieve their dreams :)

My oldest daughter has aspirations to run her own daycare business...I often keep encouraging her to pursue that dream and make it a reality....
My youngest daughter aspires to be a singer or great tennis player...I've been able to start her out in tennis, showing the fundamentals of playing it, etc. and as for singing, I can 'only' encourage her in that particular dream itself, yet, I cannot *ahems* 'lead' by example...for I'm NOT a good singer...*sings off-key* (in the shower- :lol: ) This year my youngest daughter is actively in a singing and dancing group at her school and she loves it very much!! Also, both of my daughters love to do art or things pertaining to art...whether that is a 'dream' that they like to be directly involved with.... :dunno:

Likewise ^Angel^, Markus who is 9 will be 10 in Jan. also want to be a famous football player. He loves football and even watch sports on Sundays.:)

Jordan well he is too little at this moment to set his dreams, But, whatever choice he makes I'll support him all the way same goes for my other son Markus. :D

Good Thread tootsie twinie. :ily:

Back