Emoticons

Kevbo? whats alex's opinion about adding some of new more emoticons?

Originally posted by KeWoOLeE
Kevbo? whats alex's opinion about adding some of new more emoticons?

dunno yet kelly, but - lol what abt this ....

Attachments

• hum.gif
    hum.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 104
to be honest... ive been on *********** quite few times lately and they have so many emoticons over there and what u just posted is what DM had.. soo im used to those emoticons :)

to be honest... ive been on *********** quite few times lately and they have so many emoticons over there and what u just posted is what DM had.. soo im used to those emoticons :)

LOL - alright !! i confess !! hehe

I'm very picky when it comes to emoticons. There are several reasons why, and they are:

1.) Too many emoticons can slow down the page load; i.e., when you hit Post Reply.

2.) Emoticons that already exist; i.e., "laugh2", "thumb", etc. and adding new ones like it is a waste of space.

3.) This site is not a emoticons bank, nor do I want y'all to have a bad habit posting emoticons a lot and less text.

However, I am open to suggestions, and if I find the emoticon reasonable, or if the majority of you agree to add a particular emoticon, I will add it to the database.

Originally posted by Alex
I'm very picky when it comes to emoticons. There are several reasons why, and they are:

1.) Too many emoticons can slow down the page load; i.e., when you hit Post Reply.

2.) Emoticons that already exist; i.e., "laugh2", "thumb", etc. and adding new ones like it is a waste of space.

3.) This site is not a emoticons bank, nor do I want y'all to have a bad habit posting emoticons a lot and less text.

However, I am open to suggestions, and if I find the emoticon reasonable, or if the majority of you agree to add a particular emoticon, I will add it to the database.

ahhhh alex !! alex !! i wud pick the faintthud one ..... hehe:D

Originally posted by GoldenLeaf74
what about this ??
YES! i like it :thumb:

how about this?

Attachments

• heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp.gif
    heeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppp.gif
    642 bytes · Views: 91
I agree with Alex. I fel that it need to be save the bytes running thru bandwave, you know?

Too many cause too useless.

Originally posted by S-h-e-l-l-e-y
Yeah i understand.

:werd:

but Alex, I want to answer to some of your comment, maybe I have wrong kind of understanding? correct me, if you must.

first of all you mentioned thathe emoticons that had existed; i.e., "laugh2", "thumb", etc. - cant you change the name and save as it? (i dont really know much about me)

i thought it was very interesting comment about you saying that this is not a emotion bank and havin a bad habit posting emoticons more than text - it sound true but sometimes i think emoticons is a terrific thing to show the feelings. I can see MANY people misunderstood many words, conversations, etc online because they cannot see the people's expressions (facial, body lanuage, etc) and thats why i think emoticons is something good way to show that online? and also, it could be for fun, kind of joke, or to put someone in a good mood? :dunno: i dont know if my reasons are good enough.

also you dont have to add any more of emoticons, maybe you can change the usual what you have right now.. like u know the smiley face like this :) u can find a better one to replace the ol' old smiley? something new?

thank you for expressing your opinion, anyways. :)

also, how did yall do with motin on emoticons??? would anybody like to help me out? :ugh:

Last edited:
also you dont have to add any more of emoticons, maybe you can change the usual what you have right now.. like u know the smiley face like this :) u can find a better one to replace the ol' old smiley? something new?
I heartily agree with you, Kel. I'm willing to replace old emoticons with new ones, just tell me which ones you want replaced.

The same goes for all of you, if you find a new emoticon out there and would like to see it on AD, please post them here. But, please remember, there's no guarantee that every emoticon will be replaced.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Alex

I can see your points and your datebase of emoticons is better than any other hearing forum I have seen so I can't complain.

Just a thought to let you know that I have disabled 'show user's signatures' in my option because I am using 56K modem and when I first visited here, I found it taking so long time to load a couple of thread fully and I just found out that some of other users' signatures images of over 100Kb and there is a guy's signature is about 850Kb image size! :shock:

I suppose you could set the file size limit on users' signature to maybe, under 100K? It will help to load the thread quicker for those with dial-up modems.

Anyway, I am very impressed with this forum and I think its great place! Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Thanks, Barnett. And welcome to AD2!

I'm working on the signature part, and I agree with you about limiting the file size. I know it is unfair to 56Kers out there and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for continued support of AD. :)

KeWoOLeE, i agreed with you.

this site needs more emotion icons so it could be more exicted to post this.

Originally posted by LUNZ
KeWoOLeE, i agreed with you.

this site needs more emotion icons so it could be more exicted to post this.
[alex]No[/alex]

Originally posted by kevbo
[alex]No[/alex]

spacecraft.gif

get out of earth!:twisted:

I just checked DM a few minutes ago and every threads I read are full of shitty emoticons with no text. :greddy:
Good thing Alex didn't add too many emoitions. :thumb:

Back