Ear Wax

IndieVisible

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before I tried doing a search first.

I have bad problem with ear wax. The build up is inside my ears and also around the outer edges inside the ear but not in the canal. I wear Behind the Ear hearing aides and am not sure what the cause is. I wash me ears every day! Yet I still get build up. It's most embarrassing in the outer part that is visible to others. Any one else have this problem and what can be done about it? Thanks.

I never had this problem before wearing HA's. Is this directly caused by them? Or just coincedence? Thx

Ear Candling: The risks and benefits of ear candling
I had this ear candling cleaning which is natural way. It worked for me. I insert a foil around the candle, and it is not show in the picture. This woman is supposed to cover with a foil or paper plate. You have to look it up on Google for "ear candling."

or

Welch Allyn Ear Wash System: Ear Wash System
I would love to have this one, but it is still expensive.

The best way to get ear wax out is to suck it out. My ent has a machine that does this. It basically has a compressor that's connected to some hose that's connected to a metal rod.

The best way to get ear wax out is to suck it out. My ent has a machine that does this. It basically has a compressor that's connected to some hose that's connected to a metal rod.

Most of us do not have one at home. It would cost a lot of money to see a doctor to suck it out. My mother had one 5 years ago, and an ENT doctor used a tweezer to take the wax out. It hurt her, and it bled a little. Her doctor is an idiot. His fee was about 80 dollars that took 5 minutes for her in the office, and he took the wax out. :pissed:

Most of us do not have one at home. It would cost a lot of money to see a doctor to suck it out. My mother had one 5 years ago, and an ENT doctor used a tweezer to take the wax out. It hurt her, and it bled a little. Her doctor is an idiot. His fee was about 80 dollars that took 5 minutes for her in the office, and he took the wax out. :pissed:

MiMiture Electronic Ear cost 85 bucks and does essentially the same thing. There is also that murine earigate. You can use both of them at home.

http://www.murine.com/

http://medgadget.com/archives/2006/01/the_mimiture_el_1.html

rub your inner ear with finger. Then taste your finger to see if it's sweet. It's fresh. If it's sour, it need to clean. If it's awful, take shower!

Are your HA complete closed off? skeleton?

I suppose if your inner ear gets no air, the build up could become bad. Like anything. Just keep like small emergency cleaning kit in your car. with some peroxide in a travel bottle, maybe some cotton balls, tissue..ect.

For those embarassing times, I guess.

I do not have same problem, but this is my only suggestion.

I haven't had ear wax problems since I was 7 years old. Q-tips work for me. I also clean my ears when I shower. :)

MiMiture Electronic Ear cost 85 bucks and does essentially the same thing. There is also that murine earigate. You can use both of them at home.

Murine Eye and Ear Care

The MiMiture Electronic Ear Cleaner - Medgadget - www.medgadget.com

I like this MiMiture device, and it is interesting probably easy to do. It's too bad that it is from Japan. I wouldn't want to spend 85 bucks for this tiny machine unless it is 20 to 40 dollars. Darn it. I saved it in my bookmark. Thanks.

Back