Droid?

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have received an email from Verizon notifying me that I may be eligible for an upgrade. Right now I am considering a Droid OS phone. Has anyone had any luck with these?

I have narrowed it down between the Samsung Fascinate and the Droid Incredible by HTC.

I am hoping the Droids will be able to sync with multiple email accounts including my student email through my university as well as utilize BlackBoard Mobile so that I will be able to keep up with posted assignments for my online classes.

The only thing these devices lack that I would like to have is voice memos to which I could record, save, and playback lectures as needed to study with.

Thoughts?

I have received an email from Verizon notifying me that I may be eligible for an upgrade. Right now I am considering a Droid OS phone. Has anyone had any luck with these?

I have narrowed it down between the Samsung Fascinate and the Droid Incredible by HTC.

I am hoping the Droids will be able to sync with multiple email accounts including my student email through my university as well as utilize BlackBoard Mobile so that I will be able to keep up with posted assignments for my online classes.

The only thing these devices lack that I would like to have is voice memos to which I could record, save, and playback lectures as needed to study with.

Thoughts?

There is no lack since it's android and it almost everything.

Android Voice Recorder Apps | Droid free apps and news

Just download it and you are good to go.

Samsung Fascinate and Droid X are very nice.

Thoughts?

I own an HTC DROID Incredible and my parents own the Samsung Fascinate.. They are both really nice phones. They will also do everything that you have listed here as wants/needs. There is a Blackboard app in the Android Market, however.. it's only available for Sprint users. BUT..Where there's a will there's a way. ;)

(I know it says Sprint phones only, but I just installed it)

I absolutely LOVE my DInc, I would like a Front Facing Camera, but I can survive without it. The Samsung is nice, but I think it's best feature is what it doesn't have... YET.

FFC for the Vibrant ** UPDATE 10/8 - 2.1 works - xda-developers

I've heard it is a great phone. I hope you able to pick what you wanted to use. :) Good luck what you decide on!

I've got a Motorola Cliq which is an Android Platform and OMG I LOVE it... the one I have is thru T-mobile and has a physical keyboard and a virutal one-- which is awesome b/c I text and surf so much-- I tend to switch phones all the time and I've had this one almost a year and it's not given me any problems....

Right now we've hit a roadblock with Verizon (not surprised but still miffed to say the least), they placed a 5-digit password on the account that none of us were aware of. We cannot do anything with the phones until my mom sorts it out with a Verizon rep over the phone to verify all of the account information. I am not sure if I will be getting a Droid today, but we will wait and see once my mom gets home to sort it.

I have no wish to record my phone calls, I only wish to lay the phone down point the microphone to the professor and press record when finished I want to save it as a lecture that I am able to play back later.

The link I send you was voice memos, Just FYI.

There will be no upgrade. The ONLY line that is upgrade eligible is my dad's even though we all bought new phones at the same time. Also Verizon only offered piss poor customer service and I may try to get out of the contract (my phone only) and go to AT&T. I am done with Verizon.

There will be no upgrade. The ONLY line that is upgrade eligible is my dad's even though we all bought new phones at the same time. Also Verizon only offered piss poor customer service and I may try to get out of the contract (my phone only) and go to AT&T. I am done with Verizon.

My old classmate is venting about Verizon customer service right now on his FB. He gave me permission to copy and paste it here as long as his name was crossed out.

XXXXXXXXX Is there a customer service in history that is WORSE than Verizon?
29 minutes ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike

XXXXXX Wow! I love Verizon. They have been nothing but helpful for me.
17 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

XXXXXXXX The product is good.....service sucks. My bill for July was like $170, normal for FIOS TV and Internet. I got a bill for September that was almost $1,200. I cannot get anyone to talk to me or explain the bill. I get transfered, hung up ...on, ect. They put a password on my account that I never asked for and wouldnt talk to me about the account. That was April, so I faxed my name, information and copy of my drivers license to get the password removed. It still isnt removed. Talked to one lady tonight, before she transfered me and the computer system hung up, she said she showed they got the information and said "she take care of it for me" then transfered me. I got hung up so I called back, different lady tells me there is still a password, she shows no record of anything being sent in and she cannot talk to me about my account. She tells me a supervisor cannot do anything about it, then when I ask her if when I send it in again anything will be any different..........she hangs up on me.See More
10 minutes ago · LikeUnlike

My old classmate is venting about Verizon customer service right now on his FB. He gave me permission to copy and paste it here as long as his name was crossed out.

XXXXXXXX The product is good.....service sucks. My bill for July was like $170, normal for FIOS TV and Internet. I got a bill for September that was almost $1,200. I cannot get anyone to talk to me or explain the bill. I get transfered, hung up ...on, ect. They put a password on my account that I never asked for and wouldnt talk to me about the account. That was April, so I faxed my name, information and copy of my drivers license to get the password removed. It still isnt removed. Talked to one lady tonight, before she transfered me and the computer system hung up, she said she showed they got the information and said "she take care of it for me" then transfered me. I got hung up so I called back, different lady tells me there is still a password, she shows no record of anything being sent in and she cannot talk to me about my account. She tells me a supervisor cannot do anything about it, then when I ask her if when I send it in again anything will be any different..........she hangs up on me.See More

That is exactly what was done to us. They placed a password on our account that we were entirely unaware of and to do ANYTHING on Verizon you have to know that password or they will not talk to you, period. My mom handled it, but they gave her a run around for 45 minutes in 3 separate calls before they got a half-assed customer service rep on the phone.

That's lot easy if meet Resp in person at anywhere shops, malls, etc..

I never like to use phone at customer service at all.

That's lot easy if meet Resp in person at anywhere shops, malls, etc..

I never like to use phone at customer service at all.

It seems it should be though. Verizon has their computers set up that you must provide the last 4-digits of the authorized user plus a 5-digit password to get into the system and make changes to the account such as changing phones/plans/etc. It would be the same if I went to an authorized Verizon retailer such as Radio Shack or if I went to a Verizon store in a larger city. It is set up the same. Because of the fact that we were never told of this password and the fact that they have given us horrible service, I am leaving Verizon.

I will give my parents $350 to terminate my line then I will go to AT&T. Sure Verizon has good coverage, but their customer service stinks. Because of that, they have lost a customer.

I advice you, don't buy the outdated phone like Droid Incredible after 6 months. Phone Manufactures make & release new phones every 6 and 8 months of cycle. For example the Samsung Fascinate's specs is little improve & powerful over Droid Incredible specs. In early or mid 2011, they will release the powerful dual core phones with front facing camera.

Droid Incredible is currently outdated quickly..

I am not purchasing a Droid, I will be getting out of my Verizon contract and have my parents terminate my phone on their plan and I will be going to AT&T in the next 3-4 months. I plan to purchase the iPhone 4. I currently have the LG EnV3 which is outdated anyway.

I am not purchasing a Droid, I will be getting out of my Verizon contract and have my parents terminate my phone on their plan and I will be going to AT&T in the next 3-4 months. I plan to purchase the iPhone 4. I currently have the LG EnV3 which is outdated anyway.

Great! I really love iPhone!! Better than Android device, Windows mobile 7 device and Blackberries. I hope you get new iPhone soon.

Great! I really love iPhone!! Better than Android device, Windows mobile 7 device and Blackberries. I hope you get new iPhone soon.

How do you know it's better than Windows Mobile 7? No one has done a side by side comparison that I know of.

Back