Drinking Cold water

Drink cold water from river is good? hmmm...as u know, river water is full of dirt, tiny rocks going around, living microscopic animals, fishes human animals fecals, etc. Good to drink? I think not! :crazy:

The river water are being cleansed before provide through the tape.

I don't see anything wrong either anyone created sense or nonsense threads... I can't see the problem why you are upset over that... :dunno:

If you think this thread is nonsense, then don't post here.

Anyway, here is my answer on your question, murli108.

I have filter for taps in every household then I can drink from water tap.

Oh yes, cold water is good for you. Its burn few extra calories when you drink very cold water or add ice in the water.

Why would I want to eat yellow snow? Looks like someone peed on the snow and made it yellow. No way I am eating that!!! I would rather drink unhealthy cold water from the fridge. LOL!

:rofl:

I could be wrong but I think that, for the most part, drinking room temp water or a little colder is safer than drinking ice cold water in quantity.

I drink warm water..
I dont like cold water..

how is that possible for harm to us if we drink from cold machine..
it like pop vedor too.. no different

OMG!!! The human body was designed to drink water from a river (except of course, for polluted water). It was never meant to drink sterile water only. When you do this it lowers your immunity so that you will get sick when you drink anything other than perferctly sterile water.

What's the Best Water to Drink?
So much of what we write and report on in Conscious Choice takes a critical look at some aspect of the way we — as a society — conduct our modern day lives. Whether it’s how we currently do business, treat our health or manage the environment, we hurl a lot of brickbats. At the same time we try, at every opportunity, to present viable alternatives to the ones we’re criticizing. The last thing we want you to do is throw up your hands in frustration and simply say "what’s the use." On the contrary, we want to inspire a renewed sense of hope that there are constructive approaches that can eventually eclipse the destructive ones.

So we need an antidote to last month’s cover story on Ice Mountain bottled water which lambasted owner Nestlé for extracting millions of gallons of waters from Lake Michigan feeder sources in order to bottle it. The message was plain: don’t drink the stuff.

One of our readers, Diane Russell, a long-time customer of Ice Mountain, wrote us rightfully upset because we reported what not to do...but didn’t suggest what to do instead! Sorry Diane; mea culpa.

Therefore, in this issue, we address the preferred alternative to bottled water. Our story "Trusting the Tap" explores various water filters that can preclude purchasing bottled water (even for well owners). Diane asked about using bottled water. Actually, the idea would be to limit use of it. Then again, we all get stuck sometimes in need of water and turn to the bottled H2O. Often, however, if you use a glass or hardy plastic container you can simply refill it with your filtered water to have at the ready for when you leave the house. Personally, I have half-gallon juice bottles that I reuse for this purpose.

For those times when we need to purchase bottled water we could take some tips from Arthur von Wiesenberger, a bottled water expert and industry consultant. He divides the various brands into three categories for taste and quality, with the first two being preferable to tap water. 1) Natural spring bottled at the source: this water is just as stated. Examples: Trinity, Mountain Valley Natural Spring, and Volvic Mineral Water. 2) Artesian or spring water: these brands come from a natural spring or artesian source but are bottled off-site and generally undergo processing and disinfection. Examples: Calistoga and Arrowhead Spring Water. 3) Tap water: These brands come from municiple water systems, are highly treated, processed and disinfected. At least 25 percent of our bottled water is this. Examples: Aquafina (Pepsi) and Dasani (Coke). (Check Bottled Water Web - The Definitive Bottled Water Site for von Wiesenberger’s list of bottled waters.)

Even when buying highly drinkable bottled water, there’s the plastics issue. First, much of the plastic can leach chemicals into the bottled water that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones. When choosing plastic containers, choose the types that are accepted for recycling (check the bottle bottom) and not known to readily leach. These include #1 PETE (often used in the making of soft drink, water and sports drink bottles); and #2 HDPE (used for milk, water and juice bottles).

Above all, in using bottled water, we’re still adding to the environmental impact of all that plastic. According to the Container Recycling Institute, making enough plastic bottles to supply Americans with bottled water consumes 1.5 million barrels of oil per year — enough to either fuel 100,000 cars or generate electricity for more than 250,000 homes in the same amount of time. Now there’s something that can put a bad taste in your mouth. — Rebecca Ephraim

hello readers

Thank you very much for your concerns and opinions.

I understand some of you feel uncomfortable about drinking water from taps or rivers

I am sorry to some of you for your uncomfortableness from this thread....

I do not like my water cold. If I buy bottled water or cold water I set it out and let it reach room temp.

Just my preferences. :lol: Not due to the OP's reason.

Am I the only one that prefers room temp water. I have only met two other people like me.

One is my cousin and the other is a friend.

Just about everything thing we consume nowadays have something wrong with it. Better than dehydrating and starving to death.

I hate water....I only drink Sparkling water....that's only water I will drink and it has to be flavored so I drink Talking Rain water or Canada Dry water and both of them have flavors in it. And I hate drinking it cold. I only drink them in room temperature.

i think it's safe to say that drinking boiling water might actually be more harmful than cold water from a tap. but this is just my opinion.

*Sighs* Not this nonsense again... So, we have repackaged the message this time...eh? First, it was any kind of cold water now it is refrigerated water and from what?!? Electric taps? Sounds like a great way to electrocute yourself.

I am sorry in saying electric taps in this thread. I mean hot water from taps. That is why i said wrong words....Pls forgive me.....

Back