(Doors sliding open)

Do they use Mayflower boats? Are there pilgrims and indians living there? Do they always have Thanksgiving feast every day til crack of dawn?

I was J/K, LOL...

Welcome back, did you had a good time in Turkey?.

(throwing this to everybody)

turkishEvilEye.gif

Hang this on AllDeaf, Alex!

Turkish people believes that blue eyes are the protectors from evil, so you see this blue eye EVERYWHERE-- in front of a store before you enter, at a home, on the porch where the evil eyes are being used as tiles so when you step on it, you are being cleansed of evil spirits.

(LOOK AT THIS STORE IN TURKEY! They sell ANYTHING wtih blue eyes in many ways you can imagine!
DSC01318%20Grand%20Bazaar%20Evil%20Eye%20c.jpg

gnarlydorkette said:
(throwing this to everybody)

turkishEvilEye.gif

Hang this on AllDeaf, Alex!

Turkish people believes that blue eyes are the protectors from evil, so you see this blue eye EVERYWHERE-- in front of a store before you enter, at a home, on the porch where the evil eyes are being used as tiles so when you step on it, you are being cleansed of evil spirits.

My mom has a blue eye piece. She bought it from Turkey. She traveled in Turkey for about 3 weeks about 10 years ago. I saw lots of photos of Turkey and they look marvelous!!

People who asked me about how Turkey was>> Turkey was VERY interesting-- I probbaly would go back if I got a friend wtih me!

Y>> I did see a TURKEY in Turkey! LOL! And Doofus, no i didn't get bit-- Have you ever hear of BIRD FLU??? Didn't want to get it ! ;-)

Heath>> I did meet some Deaf people-- thanks goodness i did study Turkish Sign Language before I came over! I was able to read their ABC's and several signs but mostly we used gestures to understand each other. It was hard for me to hang out with Deaf people in Turkey because I was in a CLASS with hearing people and we got plans etc so I cannot ditch my professor and classmates to have tea with Deaf people. :tears:

DeafDyke>> ooo you wanna some Turksih Delight?? (mailing you a 100% pure Turkish woman!) ;-) In their country, when you say "can I hae some turkish delights", they will tease you by offering THEMSELVES. Racy! I didn't really like their delights, although-- so I didn't buy any for my friends. But I like their gums! VERY different from American-- NO SUGAR! And it sort of ... taste like plastic. LOL, i dont know why I like it. It does LAST a long time

Miss-D>> Naw, I slept alot on the flight (to ignore certain people who were stuck with me) so I adjusted back to Californian' time just fine. I did go to bed REALLY early last night-- 9pm and woke up 6:30am this mornig... but I crashed at 10am and slept again. oh well!

Rachel>> HAR HAR! They call their country "Turkiye" to not be confused with the BIRD TURKEY. I tried to use their own original name but of course not many people know what I was talking about. Same if I say "Suomi" instead of FInland then many people wont know what I say. They do get plenty of teases about the confusion w ith the bird Turkey.

Galaxy>> I am picking up my picures in an hour so I will post here VERY soon in two or three hours.. CAN YOU WAIT WITH PATIENCE?!?!

Gnarly's wrote:
Galaxy>> I am picking up my picures in an hour so I will post here VERY soon in two or three hours.. CAN YOU WAIT WITH PATIENCE?!?!

My answer, Barely.. I can wait.. :D

Welcome back to AD Gnarly!!
Been wondering where have you been!!
Did you buy Turkish Rug? Too big to pack in your suitcase?

Looking forward to read your holiday talks here :)

I bought one blue eye pendant while I was in Greece years ago.

No Rug for me Opal. I was not interesting in buying one. A lot of people did and they couldn't fit them in their own luggages!

Here are my pictures~ hope y'all (esp Galaxy!) enjoy 'em... sorry, no pictures of me (I was BEHIND the camera!). My classmates will send me their digital pictures that got me in-- not sure when I will get 'em. most o fmy pictures are from 35mm films... so some are blurry and whatnot

Pictures in order:
1-- It is a Turkish Flag at a complex (a buildings of mosque, schools, and kitchen that are adjoined)
2-- A old Phyrigan stone craving (Phyrigans are the people BEFORE Greeks) that has been around since 1000 BC or so
3-- A close-up of above picture as I hiked all way up to the stone craving. The wall craving is over 12 feet tall and I was interesting in the details
4-- Another Turkish Flag. I love to collect international flags. The water you see is Bosphorus River
5--A beautiful Arabic inscription that is above the entrance to a mosque (Sorry I forgot which mosque this is at. We went SO many mosques)
6-- The Great City of Istanbul! (Greeks call it Constatinople instead of Istanbul!) You can see the Blue Mosque with six minrets... in the background! You cannot miss it
7--Blue Mosque at nightime!
8-- A sign I see when I arrived home on Tuesday. :)

Attachments

• SmallTurk006.jpg
    SmallTurk006.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 9
  • SmallTurk008.jpg
    SmallTurk008.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SmallTurk009.jpg
    SmallTurk009.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SmallTurk027.jpg
    SmallTurk027.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 8
  • SmallTurk038.jpg
    SmallTurk038.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 8
  • SmallTurk054.jpg
    SmallTurk054.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 13
  • SmallTurk068.jpg
    SmallTurk068.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 10
  • SmallTurk069.jpg
    SmallTurk069.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 12
Gnarly,

Wow Amazing!!!
I like to ask you question.. 'bout the #2
Is that possible hiden some of things as "cave" ?

gnarlydorkette said:
6-- The Great City of Istanbul!

Look in the extreme lower left-hand corner of the pic. There’s something there in English that ends in the letters n-e-y. PLEASE don’t tell me that there’s a f**king Disney store in Istanbul! (Although I guess that would be sort of metaphorically appropriate—the Evil Empire infiltrating the Evil Empire). :lol:

Galaxy> No, that wasn't a cave. They just craved out this humongous wall in honor to their deities (gods/goddesses). I did go to a place where there were caves for tombs to be buried in. We stayed in some of caves to avoid being rained out. Lovely! I think it was across the hill from that stone craving wall I posted.

Lol, No, Levonian-- I didn't see any Disney store in Istanbul so I DOUBT it is a Disney store! Turkish does use the same letters as ours-- they don't use Arabic to write (with exceptions of Islamic mosques which still follows the Arabic language) so it is quite possible that the word ends with -ney is a Turkish word!
They got Levi's, although.

That water looks so clean I could go swimming in it !!!!! :) :thumb:

Did you go swimming there ? :D

Heath said:
That water looks so clean I could go swimming in it !!!!! :) :thumb:

Did you go swimming there ? :D

haha you stole my mind..

yes yes I was going to ask.. i was like OMG.. its so clean.. wanted to jump in there..

lucky them.. :D

Back