Doorbell

Liebling:-))) said:
No ADA cover the cost for you all?

Doorbell acess issues is a housing related item and is not covered under ADA.

Richard

Doorbells

Wow! just reading all the threads I am not sure I understand. What is a VR? All of this is so new to me and I need all the help I can if I want to be a part. I paid about 250.00 for my TTY phone and it drives my crazy. I can't sign yet and I can only read lips a little. I am getting to old for this. I need a step plan. What do i do first? You say I can get with my state to get things (maybe) free?

hear me now said:
Wow! just reading all the threads I am not sure I understand. What is a VR? All of this is so new to me and I need all the help I can if I want to be a part. I paid about 250.00 for my TTY phone and it drives my crazy. I can't sign yet and I can only read lips a little. I am getting to old for this. I need a step plan. What do i do first? You say I can get with my state to get things (maybe) free?

VR=Vocational Rehabilitation

How long ago was it that you've purchased your TTY? Lately, I have found myself using i711 which has been more convient to use...you'll see a 'link' to that site here in AD up on top...simply click on it and check it out. ;)

Attaining some sort of plan is a good thing to set up and wishes you all the very best with making one. I'm sure you'll see valuable and useful information across AD that will help you figure out which way to go about making such a plan. ;)

Heath said:
I just won this on e-bay today !!!!! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/NuTone-LA204WH-...Z001QQcategoryZ115975QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I saved alots of money especially if I bought from the Harris Communication catalog and I do buy things from Harris Communication catalog but I check around first on e-bay and if e-bay does not have it then I go to www.froogle.com and if not there then I will buy from Harris Communications catalog. That is how I shop for things and still save money.
CONGRATS FOR U!

Heath said:
Thank you Tweetybird and there are about 23 left of those for sale. ;)
uggh I got mine for free so I save lots of money!! I thought I gave you the link to fill out the application to see if you are egliable for it...

RoyalMajesty said:
uggh I got mine for free so I save lots of money!! I thought I gave you the link to fill out the application to see if you are egliable for it...

Yes and I did not qualify so I had to buy one myself. Thank you for the link. :wave:

I dont need one cuz I got my dog who does the barking at the door all the times. Oh boy. Good doggie!!

RoyalMajesty said:
Apparently you didn't wait six weeks didn't you?

I guess I must have been confused because I got so many different programs and offers. I am surprised Pennsylvania is finally catching up. If I do get the doorbell then the one that I bought I can use it for an extra doorbell in the garage or something like that for when I have a wife and family. ;)

i have a system that tells you on a pager when your door bell is press or your phone ringing or if the dog bark or if your car alarm go on etc... it work great and its like a pager that tells you on display and by vibration. very cool stuff but a little expansive. 150 dollars for door bell and phone with pager devices.

I have a doorbell.. but it has wiring... I bought for 55 bucks through hearnomore.com.

I also check soundbytes.com where i got my alarm clock, harriscomm.com And I never have problems.. the only problem with my doorbell was wiring was too short, had to go to hardware store and buy longer wiring.. but works fine now. Boyfriend installed it because I am not good with electronic stuff.

I'd check those websites and see what they have. I used Google to get the doorbell, Friend recommended soundbytes. And I also checked with my local Deaf center when I lived in Maine. Maine has MCD, which helped a lot.

Back