Dont go alone

It was in Mundelein area. That area is pretty safe. That is not far from Six Flags. A lot of areas by Six Flags are not safe, but Mundelein where my parents live is pretty safe.

Ah. My exgf and my old friend lived there. It's was very nice, fancy, and no traffic. I went to Six Flags a lot when I was young.

Ah. My exgf and my old friend lived there. It's was very nice, fancy, and no traffic. I went to Six Flags a lot when I was young.

I went few times to Six Flags myself too. Most of Mundelein especially by lake is still pretty, but it is slowly getting congested.

Well, I guess it depends on where you are located. There are certain parts of the city where I would question it as there is a greater risk in those areas. However, on the whole, it's not like every time you go out you will get mugged or something.

People should always be careful, but you can't live in fear every day.

It was in Mundelein area. That area is pretty safe. That is not far from Six Flags. A lot of areas by Six Flags are not safe, but Mundelein where my parents live is pretty safe.

Same with Atlanta, the neighborhoods around Six Flags are not safe too.

I think Stein know that too.

I've been to Mundelein some time back. I remember when I was in high school, I went to an arts high school and every year the juniors and seniors went to Chicago Art Institute and made it a Chicago day trip on a school day. It was fun but I remember the teachers telling us not to veer too far off the immediate area of the Institute or other places we went to.
I used to go to Chicago with my folks too, my dad is from there. He grew up in a Jewish neighborhood in an apartment. I liked going to Chicago with my folks.

I agree with Vacation- depends on area, time of day etc. For anyone.

Last night, a pretty woman in her early 20s came to buy a fan from me. She came around 8:30 pm. She came ALONE and bought the fans. She was very happy. I was very happy to make the sale. What concerns me is that a woman should not be going alone at 8:30 pm especially on Saturday night. I know that my ex girlfriend would never do something like that. If I had a girlfriend and she did something like that, then I would make sure that I do it instead of her.

One day, she may get in trouble one day if she went alone at 8:30 pm to buy something online in person. Not many people are nice like I am.

I would have been happy to meet on Sunday during day or even meet at gas station or something public.

She is not 12 years old, she is an adult, she can make her own decisions so leave her alone and stop worrying about her

If anyone wants to be rude, the next time someone gets killed going out alone at 8:30 pm on Saturday night, don't tell me, I told you so. I won't show sympathy. None whatever.

Yeah, each person can make their choice, but it was unnecessary for some posters to make rude comments here.

If anyone wants to be rude, the next time someone gets killed going out alone at 8:30 pm on Saturday night, don't tell me, I told you so. I won't show sympathy. None whatever.

Yeah, each person can make their choice, but it was unnecessary for some posters to make rude comments here.

Then you should have not posted in the first place

Do you think that I made rude post?

I think the reason a lot of people responded negatively was because the original post sounded negative and condescending. "This stupid woman did this stupid thing...I can't believe she did that! Women are helpless and need a man like me to enlighten them on how to live their lives!" I'm guessing you didn't mean it that way, but that is how it came across at least to me.

I'm 6'0 and avoid the bad area too.

I had robbed in DC few times. If you have go to bad area - don't carry wallet and valuable stuff. The robber will piss off after they can't find any valuable - who cares.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

OP, why not get to know her a little better? She's probably a very independent woman, you might find that she can handle herself pretty well.

It's nice that you are concerned about her.

Last night, a pretty woman in her early 20s came to buy a fan from me. She came around 8:30 pm. She came ALONE and bought the fans. She was very happy. I was very happy to make the sale. What concerns me is that a woman should not be going alone at 8:30 pm especially on Saturday night. I know that my ex girlfriend would never do something like that. If I had a girlfriend and she did something like that, then I would make sure that I do it instead of her.

One day, she may get in trouble one day if she went alone at 8:30 pm to buy something online in person. Not many people are nice like I am.

I would have been happy to meet on Sunday during day or even meet at gas station or something public.

Personally if I were carrying, I'd be fine with it. Yet with or without my firearm, I'd prefer to go with someone else, and I'd make sure I let my friends/family know who I was going to see and when I'd be back. I'm not sure why people take offense to this but it sounds like good common sense for both sexes to follow. Bad things happen at night. Meeting strangers alone at night just doesn't sound like a well thought out plan especially for women. I say this as someone that worked in law enforcement, women are prime targets for crimes and going to meet strangers at night, alone, is never a good idea. Speaking for myself, I'd keep my activities to daytime hours.

Laura

OP, why not get to know her a little better? She's probably a very independent woman, you might find that she can handle herself pretty well.

It's nice that you are concerned about her.

Maybe we'll cross path again if she buys something else from me, who knows. There are many customers whom I meet only once.

The area where we met is a pretty safe area. Still... you never know.

Back