Does anyone on here dream almost everynight?

I didn't see anything in the article you linked about a relationship between autism and dream recall.

Do you want to remember your dreams more? You could try keeping a journal. Some people say if you lie quietly in the morning right when you wake up, and think about your dreams, you will remember more. Then you can take note of them, if you want to, and keep a sort of diary.

I've done that sort of thing from time to time. Never kept up with it very long but it was interesting to see patterns. I dream a lot about physical sensations which seem very real to me, like the feeling of flannel shirts, or my husband's whiskery face, or a hot cup of tea. And scents, too, are sometimes important in my dreams.

Yes, I did that. I updated a short story at fictionpress dot com and at dA.

PBS has a special on this week about dreams. They usually show a program several times for the week so if u r interested then look to see when it is on. I watched it last night and it is very interesting, talks about how REM dreams and nonREM dreams are different and how the REM dreams are usually negative *different part of brain and the nonREM dreams are sexual or good dreams. Worth the watch!

Interesting article here about remembering dreams and other research on dreams. I put in a bit of bolding on one part of the answer about why some people are more likely to remember their dreams.

I have not seen any research that says anything about remembering only those dreams during which you woke up.

Dreams: FAQ

The interesting bits about dream recall:

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it does not exist.:cool2:

I don't remember dream because sometimes I dream on my think I don't know weird on dream! might to good single guess!

I didn't see anything in the article you linked about a relationship between autism and dream recall.

Do you want to remember your dreams more? You could try keeping a journal. Some people say if you lie quietly in the morning right when you wake up, and think about your dreams, you will remember more. Then you can take note of them, if you want to, and keep a sort of diary.

I've done that sort of thing from time to time. Never kept up with it very long but it was interesting to see patterns. I dream a lot about physical sensations which seem very real to me, like the feeling of flannel shirts, or my husband's whiskery face, or a hot cup of tea. And scents, too, are sometimes important in my dreams.

Actually, the recommendation is to keep pen and paper next to your bed, so that when you wake up during a dream, you will have access to write down what you remember of that dream. Generally, people awake just enough to achieve consciousness, and immediately start to fall back into sleep patterns. Waiting until morning means loosing details.

PBS has a special on this week about dreams. They usually show a program several times for the week so if u r interested then look to see when it is on. I watched it last night and it is very interesting, talks about how REM dreams and nonREM dreams are different and how the REM dreams are usually negative *different part of brain and the nonREM dreams are sexual or good dreams. Worth the watch!

It is believed that non-REM dreams are more of a stream of consciousness type of fantasy.

Actually, the recommendation is to keep pen and paper next to your bed, so that when you wake up during a dream, you will have access to write down what you remember of that dream. Generally, people awake just enough to achieve consciousness, and immediately start to fall back into sleep patterns. Waiting until morning means loosing details.

I learn it that is true! sound interesting images your own poem dream! look like poem!

And - just because you claim something is true, does not mean it actually is. :cool2:

No, it doesn't. But given my background, I would say that I have seen, read, and studied more on the topic of dreams and dream interpretation than have you, which, in and of itself, increases my credibility on the topic.

You never know!!

Do you ever find that your dreams help you solve problems that you've been thinking about in the daytime?

Yep. Or at least they reveal my true feelings toward some people.

After reading a few posts, I think I may start a dream journal. Hopefully, I will be able to get enough sleep to have more dreams that I can remember. Hubby says lately, I am crying in my sleep and talking about the pain in my legs. He also says I am sleep walking.

Yep. Or at least they reveal my true feelings toward some people.

Which can be a problem in and of itself!:P

There is a theoretical stance that believes that dreams are the unconscious mind's way of solving problems and bringing to light issues that are not consciously recognized.

After reading a few posts, I think I may start a dream journal. Hopefully, I will be able to get enough sleep to have more dreams that I can remember. Hubby says lately, I am crying in my sleep and talking about the pain in my legs. He also says I am sleep walking.

Sleep walking is an interesting phenomena. Again, unless you are awakened during the episode, you will not remember anything that occurred.

I would say, given the health issues I know you have and the way they impact sleep patterns, that you are not really getting into REM sleep.

Sleep walking is an interesting phenomena. Again, unless you are awakened during the episode, you will not remember anything that occurred.

I would say, given the health issues I know you have and the way they impact sleep patterns, that you are not really getting into REM sleep.

Hubby says the sleep walking always occurs when I start the tears about my leg pain. He thinks my sub-conscious is trying to walk out the pain or something. He said he watched me very carefully and I stayed in the living room just pacing back and forth and rubbing my legs. I never went near any doors or anything else.

Considering I don't often get more than 3 hours at a time without waking, it's no wonder I am so tired and no wonder why I don't dream as much. Hoping that soon the situation will change so I can sleep.

Which can be a problem in and of itself!:P

There is a theoretical stance that believes that dreams are the unconscious mind's way of solving problems and bringing to light issues that are not consciously recognized.

Tell me about it..! I've cancelled plans for myself and others because of it! :P

Hubby says the sleep walking always occurs when I start the tears about my leg pain. He thinks my sub-conscious is trying to walk out the pain or something. He said he watched me very carefully and I stayed in the living room just pacing back and forth and rubbing my legs. I never went near any doors or anything else.

Considering I don't often get more than 3 hours at a time without waking, it's no wonder I am so tired and no wonder why I don't dream as much. Hoping that soon the situation will change so I can sleep.

ABsolutely. The fibro plays heck with sleep patterns. That is why the fatigue can be so debilitating.

I'd say hubby is probably right about the reason behind your sleepwalking. Your pain is a problem your unconscious is trying to solve.

Trick to help remember your dreams: Wake up naturally whenever possable (without an alarm clock), don't get up right away after waking up, lay there thinking about ur dream, if nothingnis remembered (or even if something IS remembered) roll over or change possitions (Dreams r more easily remembered when laying in the same possition in which u had the dream in durring the night), write the dream down if u wake up durring the night remembering a dream (dreams r very easily forgotten if u go right back to sleep after having one. The dream might very vivid b4 going back to sleep but in the morning u can only remember dreaming about something but remember nothing about the dream. Writing a quick little note about it will refresh ur memory in the morning), keep a dream log of all ur dreams (the more u train ur brain that it's important to u to remember ur dreams the more vivid, detailed, meaningful they will become. To the point of reconizing when u are dreaming without waking up). When u realize u r dreaming without waking up u gain power over ur dream. If it's a bad one u can wake yourself up. U can tell when it's turning bad even b4 it does and wake yourself up b4 u ever even have a bad dream. Once u get good at waking urself up out of bad dreams u can start to face ur dreams head on knowing u r dreaming and nothing can hurt u. That usually stops the bad dream in it's tracks leaving u still with the knowladge that u r dreaming. When u know u r dreaming but still asleep then the real dreaming fun can begin! It's called "Lucid Dreaming". Look it up. It's so cool! U can do whatever u wanna do! Give ur grandma who's been dead for 15yrs a hug, fight off a wearwolf, fly like superman, walk through walls, move stuff with ur mind, control other ppl in ur dream, have sex with a movie star or someone u have a crush on, fly to another universe, there is litterally no limits to what u can do! U have complete control of ur dream! Once u get t this point there's one more tip. It's easy to wake up from a lusid dream or lose control of it. When u feel control slipping away just stop whatever it is u r doing in ur dream and stand up and look around. All around spinning ur body all the way around to remind u that this is still a dream. Then get back to whatever dreamland fun u were having!! I've studied about dreams since I was in the 4th grade. It takes a while to train ur brain to thenpoint of lucid dreaming but it's well worth it! It's more fun than going to the movies and having everything happen just the way u wanted it to!! Lol

Back