Does Anyone Have Vonage IP Internet Phone services?

Dovey

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering, does anyone have Vonage IP Internet phone services? I wanted to know if it can be used with CapTel closed-captioned telephone? Currently, there's no CapTel in Massachusetts where I live, though there had been an Senate Bill #2345 that was in session on March 14th at the State House to bring CapTel to Massachusetts. Hopefully I will get an CapTel phone soon.
I am curious if it's compatible or can it be used with Vonage if I sign up for Vonage eventually? My phone bill is creeping up each month, and I am looking for an alternative way to cut down phone bills. There was something about an closed-captioned cell phone or some kind of an equipment made by Samsung that can be used and it closed-captions the cell phone. I don't know if it's true or not but I had heard about it. Anyone out here might have any information on this? Please do reply back to me :wave:

Thank you, Dennis, :) I will contact them on about that. I had contacted CapTel about an CapTel availability in Massachusetts some time ago. I have been advocating CapTel in Massachusetts to the TRS, Mass. Comm. for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, even to my state representative and state senator the past 2 years.

There's an Senate Bill #2345 on the table, they had an hearing back on March 14th ago, I wasn't able to attend. But I did attend the Advocate's Day rally at the statehouse for the 1.6 million funding that was signed for the Independent Living Centers in MA. for the services. I had spoken with the aides in Rep. Linsky's office and Sen. Spilka's office, they are aware of this bill, and my letter I had sent to them.

Far as I know I think this bill is being extended to May, I had sent my letter of testimonial for their next hearing to State Senator Michael Morrissey, chair of the Telecommunications, Utilities and Engery. He is currently pursuing to try to change law in order for Massachusetts to get CapTel available. Hope that will become an reality here :fingersx:

Myself that I used to have one and use the TDD. It doesn't work to call but CapTel can dail yourself and you do that would be work. If anyone called and its work incoming call with TDD but not dailing the number who you wishs to call.

I just hookd up my Captel phone yesterday and I already had Vonage. The Captel works but I am having a problem with voice dropping and the caller either cannot hear me or I cannot hear them but the captioning seems to continue to work and it hears both of us (i.e. it displays teh words "hello, hello, hello" when the line was dead) but we don't hear each other. After a few seconds, the voice comes back and we can hear one another again.

At this point, I don't know if it is related to the Vonage service or if I got a lemon. I'll have to test it at someone else's home with traditional land line to see if the problem persists.

To warn you vonage is a rip off. They will raise the phone bill before you know it, it doesn't always stay $26 a month.... But good luck with it

Cassbugs said:
To warn you vonage is a rip off. They will raise the phone bill before you know it, it doesn't always stay $26 a month.... But good luck with it

How do you know?? Have you had one??

Pomeranian said:
How do you know?? Have you had one??
yes I've had one before and beside my mother had it switch over to vonage since she thought it was cheaper but honestly it isn't so she called them out and got all of her money back.. we switched back over to sprint...... Sprint is well worthed....... But All I can say is for you to try it and see it for youeself.
I'm not trying to be rude at all, I promise.... I'm just warning people that vonage sucks.... But all I can say for now is good luck.....

Suggest use VOIP (TELEPHONE DIGITAL) with near your provider HSI better than vonage!!! this vonage is sucker!! many time probleme with ingoing call!

Cassbugs said:

Umm I have had them for a eyar and never paid more than 20 bucks a month and on top of that I have had a few months fREE because I got friends to sign up for it too.

Back