Does anyone create website

Created website for dating, but need HELP

Hi, I created a website but need someone to please help me. It have some problems in it.

Email me if interested in help me at Powerssw@Prodigy.Net

Thanks!!
DeafScott
:ily:

Alex said:
I've created DeafModels.com (static webpage) without a WYSIWYG editor, everything was handcoded. Other than that, I've created websites for clients with the help of Dreamweaver. :)

What editor do you use? Back in the "good ol' days" I used SimpleText on the Mac (at my high school) and on my own computer(s) I would use notepad.

These days I do it all on a program called HTML-Kit http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

I can't afford something like dream weaver, and I like the idea of doing stuff all by hand anyway. I hate frontpage and other website building software. Mostly because whatever you use it locks you in (makes you dependant). The code they produce is very messy and hard for some one else to go in and edit.

If you do your source code primarily by hand, it make upkeep a breeze.

Doing it in a text based editor rather than "WYSIWYG" you are able to borrow snipits of code from other places. A lot of great pieces of java script and PHP and CSS are freely avialable.

If you do a lot of updating to a website you should consider a tool like movable type or blogger.

My CSS skills really suck, so I've had friends help me or just use something pre-made for formatting. Blogger.com has a lot of great pre-made templates.. I found a couple I liked and tweaked them.

Here's a website I've been working on lately for a local deaf club

http://fremontdeafclub.org

enjoy!

- farmerjoe

I have my own website, I use Geocities.com . You can do your own HTML there or they also have some assistance to help you create your own website without doing all that HTML. I do my own HTML but it has been awhile that I've been back on my homepage.

knoble said:
Well from my experience as a web developer for 8 years, I was handcoded at first and after a while I now use dreamweaver MX. To be honest I find dreamweaver pretty cool and powerful, save me extensive time! I builded alots website with database (ASP,PHP etc) dreamweaver do most of the jobs!!

So go for dreamweaver thats my advice!!

I'm also the same way. I have been doing the hand coding for a long time and now I'm just starting to learn how to use Dreamweaver because time is my enemy with the hand coding and with the maintaining of the 6 websites, two of them I builded from scratch. With Dreamweaver, it become easier to have more time to do things I need to do with, like webserver, e-Mail, FTP, cURL, database and things like Photoshop, PHP, SQL, Flash, BASH, C/C++, etc... and with website testing with some different browsers to make sure they work okay. This is when I find Dreamweaver to be a man's best friend but I still have to check the codes to make sure the codes is written correctly, like no broken tags or bad codes or non-standard codes to be replaced with, etc...

farmerjoe said:
What editor do you use?
When I'm feeling lazy, I use Dreamweaver MX. Most of the times I use Notepad to code my websites. I just started using Dreamweaver again for the purpose of highlighting PHP codes when programming.

oh geez i wish im computer whiz...:lol:

i would like to own my website someday..not now..too busy...:D

I am webdesigner for enjoyment and one of my hobbies, I have been using so many different editors yet i find Dreamweaver the best program to use because i can and would be able to edit php, css, cgi, html, asp and few others. The reason i like Dreamweaver is once i find a installment instruction for website and it ask to FIND some codes i can use copy and paste and use FIND in dreamweaver to find exact where the codes is save lot of my time from looking through whole page of codes!

I do advanced mode on dreamweaver but for HTML i can go on normal mode because it TOO easy for me.

Right now i am working on maintaincing forum myself such as this one but different kind though.

coloravalanche, it a program you can edit your html files, even php, cgi, asp, xml, and more if there is any.

that program is developed by macromedia

I use angelfire.com, it's free for 20 mb and I didnt finish with it because I need special software program like dreamweaver, frontpage, etc. if anyone have software program, let me know :D

check out my website my website it's not finish because I need software to make my homepage. anyone have software, send me :ily:

Back