Does a person's eating habits matter when you date someone who avoids junk food ?

You may not be a vegan and date a vegan. It may be a big deal to some people.

I would be more worried about finding a woman who is a Packers fan as I'm a Bears fan.

If, during a relationship, you change your way of eating and your attitude about food in a significant way, it will definitely impact the relationship.

I have never thought of that. I guess I have been lucky with my ex hubby and my current hubby. We all love to eat healthy with certain weakness for some foods. My hubby's weakness is chocolate candy. Mine is cheese and wine.

I have never thought of that. I guess I have been lucky with my ex hubby and my current hubby. We all love to eat healthy with certain weakness for some foods. My hubby's weakness is chocolate candy. Mine is cheese and wine.

Neither have I ever thought about this :lol: I am curious , since I have changed my eating habits and this idea popped in my head.

If, during a relationship, you change your way of eating and your attitude about food in a significant way, it will definitely impact the relationship.

I agree about the attitude.

Imagine dating someone that you find attractive, and after that person makes a commitment to you, he/she then eats to the point of gaining over a hundred pounds, and tells you that you are the bad guy for making him/her feel bad about the excessive weight gain.....

It is hard to be attracted to someone that does not take care of themselves, and doesn't care about how they affect others.

A book I'm reading mentioned a couple where they were both fitness instructors when they met. The woman gained weight once in the relationship, going from being fit and trim to 290lbs! The man didn't know what to do!

Honestly, for me I only care if they eat something with citric acid and than try to kiss me! I'm allergic to lemon,limes, grapefruit... So that would be the kiss of death. I do keep close tabs on that.

But anything else, it's their body and they can put in it what they want. I can't force anyone to do anything they don't want to do.

Years ago, I ate whatever I liked...then I met someone who was into body building and eating correctly...Changed my own way of eating and working out....it really makes a difference. And I only ate "junk food" once a month, as a reward to myself....

The better you eat and exercise when you're young...makes a huge impact when you get older....I would not feel comfortable with a partner that ate junk foods everyday or that was a "couch potato.".

I feel strong and I'm not overweight and try to watch what I eat and get some exercise.

Non-related to d--ing

I was told a story by my mother that her youngest brother (my uncle) once used to threat to divorce my aunt-in-law right after huge embarrassment to him from her accident fall that landed on the table that contained bowls of food and cakes during family BBQ party at my other aunt's house in late 1970s, probably around 1978. She was obese at the time, was around over 250 or 300 pounds she fell over something probably kids' toys or slipped due to her imbalance because of her overweight? and when she fell over and her body smashed the whole table of foods in front of everyone in the backyard, my uncle was very freaking embarrassed and yelled at her that he would divorce her if she kept her weight that way. So right away after the family BBQ drama, she lost nearly 200 pounds in few years.

Wirelessly posted

katz4life said:
I was told a story by my mother that her youngest brother (my uncle) once used to threat to divorce my aunt-in-law right after huge embarrassment to him from her accident fall that landed on the table that contained bowls of food and cakes during family BBQ party at my other aunt's house in late 1970s, probably around 1978. She was obese at the time, was around over 250 or 300 pounds she fell over something probably kids' toys or slipped due to her imbalance because of her overweight? and when she fell over and her body smashed the whole table of foods in front of everyone in the backyard, my uncle was very freaking embarrassed and yelled at her that he would divorce her if she kept her weight that way. So right away after the family BBQ drama, she lost nearly 200 pounds in few years.

Ouch! I am glad she lost the weight for her own good. She prevented herself from risking diseases and whatnot.

Stories like this are common a man leaves his wife or gf bec she's obese.

I sure hope your aunt is ok after that fall.

Well, I am changing my diet to be mostly protein and very very low carbs. My husband loves his carbs so it will be a huge test on our marriage.

:lol:

I would say it depends on lots of different things. You are stepping into and incredibly complex subject. It comes back to how much do you care for the person. There is a forgiveness factor in there that can make huge allowances for the differences.
I have seen total fitness fanatics that do everything right in long term happy relationships with their complete opposites. It all comes back to love and whatever else is goin' on. No one really knows what goes on behind a couples closed doors.

I think I kind of look at eating habits BEFORE getting into a relationship. I am very health concerned, and wouldn't really want to be with someone who ate junk all the time. If it worked long term and we moved in together, that would make grocery shopping and all that other stuff a pain in the arse. Do I think it would completely RUIN a relationship? No. But everyone is different... But I do believe that since I eat well, I much prefer healthier places to eat out, and that might be a hassle going out if they're into bad foods or whatever... It could present a problem I believe.

My wife and I eat healthy food and my step daughter is vegetarian. She make her own dinner. But with my other step daughter she eat junk food. Whenever she wrote down the grocery list and I scratched off the list that are junks, I made her to buy her own junk food with her own money. I told her before that I don't buy food that will kill people. Just like buying gun kill people. She was miffed about the food.

Wirelessly posted

shel90 said:
Well, I am changing my diet to be mostly protein and very very low carbs. My husband loves his carbs so it will be a huge test on our marriage.

:lol:

Yes, the temptation lol it takes discipline.

Wirelessly posted

I also cut way back on carbs and going for more protien in my diet. Results? I already lost considerable amout of weight.

Wirelessly posted

Babyblue said:
Wirelessly posted

I also cut way back on carbs and going for more protien in my diet. Results? I already lost considerable amout of weight.

Awesome BB! I have cut down and workout more:)

Wirelessly posted

I also do work out. Walking and low impact exercises, due to my lower back issues.

Back