Do you want to be charged for using your debit card?

same here. I hate using debit card because of fraudulent risk. There's no protection.

Yep, and that too. If I found a CC charge for 500$ for something I didn't charge, I could just call/email my CC service bank and they'd take care of everything and send me a new card. With a debit card, it's a review process that could take days or weeks, and you won't get the cash back into your account until it's finished.

yes. You can use your debit card as debit or credit.

if entering debit - you will be asked for PIN # and cash back.
if entering credit - it will be processed as credit card and it takes money from your account

both works exactly same thing except in credit option - you won't be asked for PIN # and cash back. This is the safest option.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

yes. You can use your debit card as debit or credit.

if entering debit - you will be asked for PIN # and cash back.
if entering credit - it will be processed as credit card and it takes money from your account

both works exactly same thing except in credit option - you won't be asked for PIN # and cash back. This is the safest option.

But still will be charged 5 dollars for using it as credit too.

Credit reason? I don't recall having a checking account affects credit report??

if you need to borrow money or whatsoever, BoA can loan it out to you at attractive rate since you already have a history with them.

but by going to different bank and starting over... the bank doesn't know anything about you so you won't get a rate as attractive as BoA.

My bro works for banks :)

Yep, and that too. If I found a CC charge for 500$ for something I didn't charge, I could just call/email my CC service bank and they'd take care of everything and send me a new card. With a debit card, it's a review process that could take days or weeks, and you won't get the cash back into your account until it's finished.

yup and also - if you didn't report it after certain # of days... I think 3-7 days - they say "too fucking bad. not my problem."

But still will be charged 5 dollars for using it as credit too.

yes if you're using debit card. Alternatively - you have 2 options...

1. you can simply withdraw cash from ATM prior to purchasing it
2. use credit card and pay it off full before monthly cycle comes to avoid interest rate charge

I don't like carrying cash but looks like I'm gonna have to start..

it's a small price to pay for convenience..... :)

but you can just go to ATM before you go to store. that's why I like BOA. Its ATMs are everywhere. Its customer service is excellent. I've been treated well by them when I had problems.

With credit union... well - let's just say you get what you pay for.

but you can just go to ATM just before you go to store. that's why I like BOA. Its ATMs are everywhere. Its customer service is excellent. I've been treated well by them when I had problems.

Usually that's true, but I hear good things about one I'm thinking about going to. And can deposit by scanning check, don't have to go to bank or ATM! :)

but hey... on the brighter side, since the federal government passed the law to set the cap on merchant fee.... that means you'll be seeing cheaper price on products.

but hey... on the brighter side, since the federal government passed the law to set the cap on merchant fee.... that means you'll be seeing cheaper price on products.

Or they will decide to keep it to raise their own profit which I think is most likely, But at least they'll hold off on raising prices for a while.

but you can just go to ATM before you go to store. that's why I like BOA. Its ATMs are everywhere. Its customer service is excellent. I've been treated well by them when I had problems.

no BOA here.

And Credit Unions are non profit organizations. You are getting what you want. I have a business account with a Credit Union - never had a problem.

no BOA here.

And Credit Unions are non profit organizations. You are getting what you want. I have a business account with a Credit Union - never had a problem.

I had a problem with my credit union bank. terrible service. treated me like I'm a Nigerian scammer.

I had a problem with my credit union. terrible service. treated me like I'm a Nigerian scammer.

ul. My first deposit at the CU was a $25,000 check. Had the balance in the next morning to be used with no problems. I thought that was impressive.

ul. My first deposit at the CU was a $25,000 check. Had the balance in the next morning to be used with no problems. I thought that was impressive.

I called to report an issue with my credit card and he (the manager) treated me like a Nigerian scammer. he got all smuggy with "go ahead. see if I care." attitude when I asked for his name and ID # to report him to regional manager.

its website is crappy and outdated. Look at your BoA online account... it's updated and easy to use. can't beat that!

Wells Fargo is also jumping on this bandwagon according to the news tonight. I really hate to encourage the banks to take advantage of their depositors in this way. I wonder how long it would last if everyone closed out their accounts and did business with folks who do not feel the need to declare an enormous profit margin at the end of the day. They are already making large profits on CC interest rates, loans, mortgages. At some point we need to say enough. If I had an account with Wells Fargo or BofA, I think I would close that account and try very hard not to do business with them at all. What they are doing really stinks!!

Wells Fargo is also jumping on this bandwagon according to the news tonight. I really hate to encourage the banks to take advantage of their depositors in this way. I wonder how long it would last if everyone closed out their accounts and did business with folks who do not feel the need to declare an enormous profit margin at the end of the day. They are already making large profits on CC interest rates, loans, mortgages. At some point we need to say enough. If I had an account with Wells Fargo or BofA, I think I would close that account and try very hard not to do business with them at all. What they are doing really stinks!!

just like Facebook... many people threatened to leave and they never did. so believe me - you won't close your account with them :lol:

and why don't you try opening up your business and not charge a dime to customers. See if you can survive with free service especially when it costs you money.

They are not making profits on interest rates... It's you. You are making them richer because you are borrowing THEIR money. That's business. Do you expect to borrow their money for free??? I wouldn't open banking business if everything is for free! lol!!!

Simple - don't rack up debts or borrow money

$76 BILLION in profits last year. Doesn't that bother anybody?

Back