Do You Use Purple for Relay Services ?

So, is there any evidence that one of Purple co employees did like that?

PLENTY and plenty of information!!!

They said themself in SEC filings and board officers signed in SEC filings. Lots of them.

vrs calls initiated by employees...
subpoenas...
under investgition by FCC...

What s issue of new version of Sprint? both of P2P and VRS?

Even though I downgraded Sprint recently, I was told to do it again to get the latest or the software would not work this Monday. What a joke. Tested the new version but the video does not improve. I am still sticking with P3 for now.

Convo is both of VRS and P2P? VRS can be both of them.

Convo does not offer P2P because they do not have software like other vrs do ie Z4, P3 whatever. even no hardware like VP200, MVP, Z340 whatever. You just use existing vp in your possession to call Convo. For software side, you just need a mac with iChat. For those who don't have mac, just use existing vp to call convo.

You can establish p2p via iChat without Convo. Although Convo do provide text relay via iChat which I do use.

I don't use VRS for relay purpose, just text relay because i prefer accurate communication in english.
Convo IS making a program for the PC right now. Be patient. They will not come out with anything of sub-par quality.

Boult are you implying that VRS is not accurate ?

I have seen typos and wrong words typed in Text Relay !!!

Interpreters usually have a lot of training ( VRS )

Communication Assistants just a high school degree !! ( Text Relay )
True, and a very high % of them are convicted felons as well.

Convo IS making a program for the PC right now. Be patient. They will not come out with anything of sub-par quality.

Wonderful!!

Convo said something will be a surprise sometime in Spring 2010, that must be a webcam software for PC.

Back to the topic folks...

Asking me to use Purple for relay service? I'll say nope not at all... they are making a mockery out of themselves. Like this lame youtube video "bee sure to watch their new video" making fun of their competitors and patronize us where Ron Obray at 3:50 in that video exhibit a desperate need of customers to use their service by demand it and threaten us with a purple swatter if we don’t use their service. That is a paradox of their philosophy of giving everyone the freedom to choose. That is the reason I don't use purple.

I use company who focus their energy and time focusing on innovations, ideas, quality and customer service. Not patronizing us and mocking other companies with false info.

Excellent post!

Asking me to use Purple for relay service? I'll say nope not at all... they are making a mockery out of themselves. Like this lame youtube video "bee sure to watch their new video" making fun of their competitors and patronize us where Ron Obray at 3:50 in that video exhibit a desperate need of customers to use their service by demand it and threaten us with a purple swatter if we don’t use their service. That is a paradox of their philosophy of giving everyone the freedom to choose. That is the reason I don't use purple.

I use company who focus their energy and time focusing on innovations, ideas, quality and customer service. Not patronizing us and mocking other companies with false info.

Wow, good post!!

that is it!!!!!

First of all, I dont care what any of u ignorant people being bitched at certain vrs due to "fraud" or what ever you guys think. Purple is good company to me that they trying their best to make our dream coming true, as for an example, breaking barrier, equal access, and awesome interp with certified.

Second of all, i hate to say but some of u people kept misunderstanding/forgetting the part that PURPLE DID NOT GET BUSTED BY FCC FOR FRAUD. FCC asking VRS to pay back whats owes due to recent minor changes the fcc rule (employed using same company as their provider and made calls, these minutes purple collected is now debit)

Third of all, I certainly feel sorry for some of you people taking it too serious on VRS... I mean, its embarassing me. Lets a look on hearie world, didnt hearie ppl act like OMG "that" company is FRAUD OMGGG i have to leaving and switch to other company just cause of "fraud" without solid evidence... answer is No. ur pathetic k? (i wasnt tryin to offend u but its a fact)

this is gonna be my last post about vrs, its annoyed me how some deafies are too way out of the ordinary. :] cya

Third of all, I certainly feel sorry for some of you people taking it too serious on VRS... I mean, its embarassing me. Lets a look on hearie world, didnt hearie ppl act like OMG "that" company is FRAUD OMGGG i have to leaving and switch to other company just cause of "fraud" without solid evidence... answer is No. ur pathetic k? (i wasnt tryin to offend u but its a fact)

Huh, what are you talking about? Oh yeah, hearing people do take it serious. for example, Adelphia was one of fraud company. My mom was pissed off about this, she said Adelphia is fraud and make it big deal like we are.

Are you aware of there are many fraud. like MCI, Adelphia, many! I guess you did not research on the biggest company carefully. My mom and her friend did talk about Adelphia Cable were so selfish and stole money etc.

Be careful what you saying.

Havent Purple made a fraud activities recent and have evidence? Unfortunate, its a no. I rather see the "EVIDENCE" and what may effect on me in near future i.e company shutting down.

Adelphia is irrevelant since you, for one, who paying cable and is lousy provider ya got, owell thats shit happens. I'll have to repeat my brief above with quote to clarify.

switch to other company just cause of "fraud" without solid evidence..
therefore ur statement is irrelevant cause Purple havent had made any fraud activities due to no solid evidence and yet people running their mouths and be OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

=S

Havent Purple made a fraud activities recent and have evidence? Unfortunate, its a no. I rather see the "EVIDENCE" and what may effect on me in near future i.e company shutting down.

Adelphia is irrevelant since you, for one, who paying cable and is lousy provider ya got, owell thats shit happens. I'll have to repeat my brief above with quote to clarify.

therefore ur statement is irrelevant cause Purple havent had made any fraud activities due to no solid evidence and yet people running their mouths and be OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

=S
Another instance of Fraud: Enron.
How many people were pissed off about that?

And also.. When Viable was busted, Purple minutes dropped instantly. I mean, instantly. What does that reek of. False minutes. That means what... There was some stink going on in Purple.

Now I use Convo for a reason. They don't try to profit off the deaf.

Can you give me the source about Purple minutes dropped instantly after viable got busted by FBI? It could relate to another thing beside viable, for an example FCC tweak the rule alittle often than it usual, as adjusting the minute pay per and such which is may affect too, honestly.... theres several reasons to cause. You cant automatically think, " Oh its obviously cause of that!". I have no reason to answer ur question why it instantly dropped since i have no answer for it.

timeline last fall/winter
As i was Rep of the purple before feb, i seen alot of stuff changed throughout inside the Purple and theres alot dramatically waves on minutes due to rumors/discontinue using/such like that. Also discontinue using 3rd party call for conference after viable's incident.

Huh, what are you talking about? Oh yeah, hearing people do take it serious. for example, Adelphia was one of fraud company. My mom was pissed off about this, she said Adelphia is fraud and make it big deal like we are.

Are you aware of there are many fraud. like MCI, Adelphia, many! I guess you did not research on the biggest company carefully. My mom and her friend did talk about Adelphia Cable were so selfish and stole money etc.

Be careful what you saying.

I would like to share something in my opinion. What I see here, the main differences is that we don't pay for VRS services compare to paying Adelphia, or MCI or whatever. If customers paid to do the service and turned out that customer is paying too much or companies are taking advantage of the customers paying to much, then there is a reason for customer to get real upset, they going to think it's all fraud. Can you imagine paying $100 per months to do the service, that is about $1200 per year. If that is a waste, will you be upset? Now for us as a deaf communities, everyone pay FCC in a very small sum out of your "cable/communication" bills and we are getting free services. But this is not the main point.

I can understand that we (as a deaf communities) are the minority and being close knit and want to take pride of how deaf technology developed to provide better services and communication with other. We have a visual to see the VRS working hard to help us to meet all the ADA requirements. As VRS grew, it become more competitive and deaf communities taking side of one company. It's the same thing with car companies competing each other like you may seen a Ford truck with a bumper sticker that showing a little boy peeing on "Chevy"? When you see that, you can guess the driver took a big pride of his Ford and hate Chevy. If Ford going out of business, what will happen to the guy who drove his Ford with a sticker showing a little boy peeing on Chevy logo? But remember the automotive industries are no minority. It's a huge industries and Ford owner will take a slide and move on to next automotive, like he may have second choice of what he's willing to buy. Unlike VRS service, they are minority with large deaf communities who need them . If one company go down, it will hurt us all. Why "hurt us all"? It's about deaf pride hate to see thing go down in front of the majority.

Here's a good example, back to the automovtive industy, let say that there are only two companies, Ford and Chevy in the United State of America. Nothing else, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and such that never exist. Only Ford and Chevy competing each other. I'm sure you will hear or "see" people bickering each other who is the best. One Ford customer cussing about Chevy being a poor qualities and Chevy customer cussing about Ford don't last long, back and forth. War between the two. Think about it, million of people in USA depending on two automotive industries. If one go down. What happen? One side of millions customers will be very very upset. Now, today, how many automotive industries we have? It make people in USA give a flexability, one customer do take pride on one car or truck but have secondary choice as a back up. So, get the idea?

Now, here's the story, VRS compmanies are very small, nothing like the automotive industries... and it's funny how you all taking heated discussion about which VRS is the best which of course there are two or three large VRS companies involved today and everyone take side of each. If we have 20 very large successful VRS companies, we probably not get involved in heated discussion because there are 20 of them and it's tough to decide. Remember, we are the minority and we have very few VRS companies for such a large deaf communities. You need to think about that as an analogy.

Feedback is welcome.

First of all, I dont care what any of u ignorant people being bitched at certain vrs due to "fraud" or what ever you guys think. Purple is good company to me that they trying their best to make our dream coming true, as for an example, breaking barrier, equal access, and awesome interp with certified.

Second of all, i hate to say but some of u people kept misunderstanding/forgetting the part that PURPLE DID NOT GET BUSTED BY FCC FOR FRAUD. FCC asking VRS to pay back whats owes due to recent minor changes the fcc rule (employed using same company as their provider and made calls, these minutes purple collected is now debit)

this is gonna be my last post about vrs, its annoyed me how some deafies are too way out of the ordinary. :] cya

I agree with his post! People like qwerty or lilbug need to stop jumping to a conclusion and yell, "FRAUD!!!" It is almost like crying wolf and people will stop believing those who make false accusations. Where is evidence to prove Purple is doing fraud activities? Where is the source that points Purple being involved in criminal and fraudulent activities? Obviously, qwerty and lilbug have none!

lilbug, if you accuse Adelphia because of fraud, then that is YOUR problem because your mother used their service and had to put up with it. If your mother have problem with Adelphia, then she would need to report this to Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with them. Then maybe BBB will investigate that kind of business. But, Adelphia or Enron had nothing to do with this topic was being discussed here. What dark says it was irrelevant, he means Adelphia or Enron had nothing to do with this discussion here. So, BACK OFF and give Purple a chance to work it out!

Wirelessly posted

RedWolf said:

I agree with his post! People like qwerty or lilbug need to stop jumping to a conclusion and yell, "FRAUD!!!" It is almost like crying wolf and people will stop believing those who make false accusations. Where is evidence to prove Purple is doing fraud activities? Where is the source that points Purple being involved in criminal and fraudulent activities? Obviously, qwerty and lilbug have none!

lilbug, if you accuse Adelphia because of fraud, then that is YOUR problem because your mother used their service and had to put up with it. If your mother have problem with Adelphia, then she would need to report this to Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with them. Then maybe BBB will investigate that kind of business. But, Adelphia or Enron had nothing to do with this topic was being discussed here. What dark says it was irrelevant, he means Adelphia or Enron had nothing to do with this discussion here. So, BACK OFF and give Purple a chance to work it out!

Wow! I agree with your and Dark s posts!

that is because we have only one cable provider but when adelphia closed, we got a good cable which is TWC compare. about 90 dollars per month from adelphia and TWC costs her only 55 dollars per month so OFC my mom have a right to pissed off and GUESS WHAT?!?!?!??! my mom already did do these what you said on this therefore I do not give a purple chance, do you know why? Purple abuse FCC and the deaf community. Remmy when Viable got busted then bam Purple mins were BAM go DOWN too fastest! so purple know whats up but they wont admit it cause i already saw my own. I asked my girlfriend to do VLOG very soon, she has paper and email information so she is going to show everyone and she does not feel it is not right for Purple remains in the business. I am going to scan all of paper via email and paper agreement.

Trust me, I am not going to give up on Purple because I personal want to close Purple. Watch out for VLOG very soon! you guys will open your JAW biggest time!! They been abuse on my girlfriend like YOU MUST force customer to use their service! If you did not then you can't get paid for that! what kind of Purple does this?! I think it is time for me and my girlfriend show the paper that we been doing. She recently decided to talk with NAD rep and FCC about this that she has all papers now. so good luck to PURPLE

that is because we have only one cable provider but when adelphia closed, we got a good cable which is TWC compare. about 90 dollars per month from adelphia and TWC costs her only 55 dollars per month so OFC my mom have a right to pissed off and GUESS WHAT?!?!?!??! my mom already did do these what you said on this therefore I do not give a purple chance, do you know why? Purple abuse FCC and the deaf community. Remmy when Viable got busted then bam Purple mins were BAM go DOWN too fastest! so purple know whats up but they wont admit it cause i already saw my own. I asked my girlfriend to do VLOG very soon, she has paper and email information so she is going to show everyone and she does not feel it is not right for Purple remains in the business. I am going to scan all of paper via email and paper agreement.

Trust me, I am not going to give up on Purple because I personal want to close Purple. Watch out for VLOG very soon! you guys will open your JAW biggest time!! They been abuse on my girlfriend like YOU MUST force customer to use their service! If you did not then you can't get paid for that! what kind of Purple does this?! I think it is time for me and my girlfriend show the paper that we been doing. She recently decided to talk with NAD rep and FCC about this that she has all papers now. so good luck to PURPLE

Good luck with that. You are just creating more and more of a stink on this subject. Get a life, will ya!!

Back