Do you remember your childhood?

My earliest memory was getting on a plane for the first time and being so excited. When I asked my mom about it and she was shocked that I could remember it as I was 18 months old. My memory of that day consists of looking up at the ceiling admiring the baggage compartments. That was it..lol

Wirelessly posted

Haha.

My first memory is a funeral. :ugh:

Nothing like seeing a stiff man in a coffin.

Last edited:
I remember bits and pieces, and feelings. Somebody said snapshots, I agree. My first memory is when I was about 3-4 and was in playgroup and another girl fell off the slide and broke her arm. Then nothing til my 5th birthday reading out my birthday card aloud from my nana. Then 6-7 and bits of memories from infant school, then having to wear a radio aid then hearing aids, then trapping my finger in a door and having to go to hospital. I was happy til about 9-10 ish when I got bullied at school so I don't like to remember school, or university from 18-21 as I had a lot of personal problems at the time. Memory fascinates me, I can't remember things several days later so I wonder how I 'stay' me, constant.

My first memory is being pushed out of a top bunk by my little boy friend. I think I was about 3 or 4.

Wirelessly posted

Haha.

My first memory is a funeral. :ugh:

Nothing like seeing a stiff man in a coffin.

my goodness, I remember every single funerals I attended. I remember my mom's real father. It was the first time I met him...in a coffin.

I remember my preschool 's graduation.

I remember falling down on the concrete of the pool.. My aunt couldn't find the right size bandaid . I still have a scar from it. I could go on and on what I remember.

I wonder if deaf people have easier time remembering because they visual? the friends I talked to are hearing, and they barely remember anything.

edited: I asked my husband (hearing), and he says he remember everything too. So I guess it all depend on the person.

I wonder if deaf people have easier time remembering because they visual? the friends I talked to are hearing, and they barely remember anything.

edited: I asked my husband (hearing), and he says he remember everything too. So I guess it all depend on the person.

ahaaa I will divulge the truth- husband do remember everything :laugh2:

I remember that I ate candy in the store at 3 years old and didn't pay for it because I believed it was my right, and that it was free.

My earliest memory was getting on a plane for the first time and being so excited. When I asked my mom about it and she was shocked that I could remember it as I was 18 months old. My memory of that day consists of looking up at the ceiling admiring the baggage compartments. That was it..lol

Wow you remember childhood as such early stage... hmm... what's the oldest I can remember :hmm: Maybe me @ hospital for ear surgery. I was 3 years old... scared 'cause my dad had forgotten my beloved teddy bear. I remember throwing a tantrum. Dad brought the teddy next day and I was still mad at him. I guess that night was the worst ever for me... :giggle:

Wow you remember childhood as such early stage... hmm... what's the oldest I can remember :hmm: Maybe me @ hospital for ear surgery. I was 3 years old... scared 'cause my dad had forgotten my beloved teddy bear. I remember throwing a tantrum. Dad brought the teddy next day and I was still mad at him. I guess that night was the worst ever for me... :giggle:

I asked my mom about this image and she said it must be was from when I rode on the plane for the first time at 18 months old because I didnt ride on a plane again until I was 8 or 9.

She said that I kept staring at the baggage compartments.

I asked her if she was sure I was 18 months old and she said yes because we flew to her sister's college graduation.

One of my earliest memories is wanting to carry my big sister's birthday cake like my mother. So I went up to the table.. Cake turned out to be too heavy for me so I dropped it. I had just turned 2, I think.

Another memory I have is a memory of my dad carrying me on his shoulders and then he tripped over one of my toys and fell forward. I cut my mouth with my teeth so badly, I had to have stitches taken. I remember fighting the doctor who gave me stitches.

Another memory I have is of pulling a drawer and dropping on my toe and smashing my toenail. My dad had to burn a hole in my toe later on.

Last edited:
I remember helping to carry my cousin's wedding presents. I dropped one of it, and everyone panic LOL they were shaking it to hear if anything in it was broken.

Remembering my childhood, thinking in 2010 I will be 50! which I was on 19th, had a great party at house last guest left, or those who could, when the sun came up, Hic!:party:

I do not the think being deaf has anything to with remembering your childhood! I took care of people 80 years old or older and they were not deaf or HOH and they could remember their childhood! and some of the stories they told me funny! And one woman was blind !

How lucky of you! See I have had a life depleted horse exposure. I kind of have a nasty allergy to them. As a teenager I thought I was in an invinceable phase so I went horse back riding in Bryce Canyon and ended up life flighted up to Salt Lake where I spent a couple days on a ventilator. (not my idea of invinceable) So I was advised to stay away from horses like Yersinia Pestis. (Gold star to first one who knows that)

Oh ouch, you are lucky that you are still alive. That gotta be horrible experiences to go through this.

Back