Do you make estimations from consumer reports?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I would like to know whether you can make a prediction off Consumer report. For example, customer report may tell you that 1997 Honda Odyssey have good transmission, but 1999 Odysseys have bad transmission.

Now, I didn't find any information on consumer report regrading 1998-1999 Subaru Forester. However, I did see that 2000 Foresters had bad engine according to report. Therefore, I would assume that 1998-1999 Foresters had bad engine too.

What do you think? Please understand that it doesn't have to apply to vehicles. It would be anything you use consumer report to look up as you shop.

We use Consumer Reports as one resource but not the final deciding factor.

No data on 1998 or 1999 models so I had to go by 2000 data. I guess the engine may be bad. I would be wrong.

I use to check them out but the brand thy gave the best rating to was not always easy to find in a small city.

One item to take into account is the generation. Are 1998-2000 models the same generation? If so, then yes I would estimate that 2000 would have similar problems the 1998-9 years had. And if the 2000 model is an entire new generation well I would not use that to estimate the previous generations because they often make major changes.

You might want to look in forums, I would bet there's some kind of subaru forum in which people have discussed issues and what years are the best to get.

My husband uses Consumer Reports for everything. If it's not rated high with them we don't buy it.

When I am looking for electronics or anything during on-line window shopping, I tend to read the reviews, and also see if the product comes highly recommended or not. My Asus Memo Pad was one of them, and it has far exceeded my expactions, although it has had a few minor hiccups that were easily repairable.

We use Consumer Reports for many purchases - especially all of our vehicles over the years, and major household appliances.
When comparing Odyssesy's hub spent a lot of time considering w/CR.

My sis deals with that sort of thing, people get into trouble for screwing their own employers.

Is consumers reports free online ? I google search never has it when I type in review of .....

Back