Do you feel unappreciated?

backerman

Reaction score
Okay, one more thread from B-man...

It's a simple topic. Do you feel that you are appreciated for what you do?

I personally think that in most situations I am not. I think that a lot of people take my efforts at school or in other aspects of life for granted. I honestly don't really know why. I guess it might be because I do not go out and advertise everything that I do. I just do my thing get stuff done, and try to content myself with what I have accomplished.

The reason I bring this up is I often find myself in the position where I have to justify my role in a group or on a project or something like that. Even though my work pretty much speaks for itself, since I don't advertise it like others around, I often find myself in the defensive position, while these 'self-promoters' who do shit get all the glory.

LORD YES! I honestly think I have one of the most depressing jobs imagineable.

oh yeah... my husband lost his job bec ppl took advantage of his job efforts. he could not deal with them anymore...now he is caretaker of his two ill parents, now his sisters are doing the same thing that his job did to him.

pi88es me off....sigh....I do see that a lot people did put a lot of efforts to accomplish their job tasks.. other people just walk in and takes it all away... irrates the shit out of me.

backerman said:
Okay, one more thread from B-man...

It's a simple topic. Do you feel that you are appreciated for what you do?

I personally think that in most situations I am not. I think that a lot of people take my efforts at school or in other aspects of life for granted. I honestly don't really know why. I guess it might be because I do not go out and advertise everything that I do. I just do my thing get stuff done, and try to content myself with what I have accomplished.

The reason I bring this up is I often find myself in the position where I have to justify my role in a group or on a project or something like that. Even though my work pretty much speaks for itself, since I don't advertise it like others around, I often find myself in the defensive position, while these 'self-promoters' who do shit get all the glory.

Don't justify your position - look at them in the eye:

"I know I have done a good job, and my work speaks for itself. I would like to hear praises, not the Insiquador (sp)."

No one deserves to work in a toxic environment... :evil:

--------------------------------------

To those who feels like a nobody just because the appreciation is not there - self esteem IS worth having, and only you can determine your own self worth... it is a mistake allowing others to do all the determining for you. Period. Start saying to yourself that you are NOT a nobody, and you are somebody - some people just don't know shit about you if they make you feel that way.

downing said:
oh yeah... my husband lost his job bec ppl took advantage of his job efforts. he could not deal with them anymore...now he is caretaker of his two ill parents, now his sisters are doing the same thing that his job did to him.

pi88es me off....sigh....I do see that a lot people did put a lot of efforts to accomplish their job tasks.. other people just walk in and takes it all away... irrates the shit out of me.

downing - I think you are a nice person, from your posts I've read.. it is a shame your husband got the shaft by work and his sisters! Did he stand up to his sisters AND sue the pants off those cowardly and honorless co workers? Vultures! People who have no honor in this manner deserve nothing from you but contempt and confrontations. IMO ;)

Your husband may benefit from this excellent source on workplace and family bullying: http://www.bullyonline.org/

If he's having stress from all this shiz: http://www.bullyonline.org/stress/index.htm

About his sisters: http://www.bullyonline.org/familybully/index.htm

About workplace: Many areas in http://www.bullyonline.org/

Good luck! Please let me know how it goes, if you would like to.

I know how you feel. There are a lot of times when I don't feel appreciated. I also know a lot of others who don't feel appreciated and do make an effort to show that I do appreciate what they have done. "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you." That's a important quote that I feel others should think about at all times.

Back