• No

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Only for certain reasons

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • other

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You have a very good point which is why I am undecided about it. I have never experience anyone close to me getting murdered but I know myself..if I did, I would want the death penalty for that person. By that, it means I approve of it.

It is an emotional tug-of-war with a lot of people. Nobody wants to see innocent people killed but then again, to read about the horrific crimes committed against innocent people especially against children can really harden one's heart.

A guy was just found not guilty after spending years in jail! If he had not the death penalty an innocent man would had been killed! He lost half his life being jail!

Death row inmates????? Sounds like the answer to the starving Polar Bears to me. Just drop them in Alaska........ "Hey buddy......if you survive you are free.....Buh bye"

A guy was just found not guilty after spending years in jail! If he had not the death penalty an innocent man would had been killed! He lost half his life being jail!

Why are you yelling at me? :confused:

I have a question for you guys who vote for death penalty, can you execute this person? I would not want to be this person who put needle into the killer's arm and watch him/her to die. I have no gut to do that. After I watched this video of Saddam being hanged, it made me so sick in my stomach.

Sure, they do execute them. However their jail is not like here where here convicts gain their weight and do nothing while in China, there is no lee-way

Really, I thought China government executed those drug dealers.

I completely believe in the death penalty. But i don't think that they should be allowed to appeal it more than 2, I'm in nv (not sure about other states) but here people given the death penalty can appeal it over and over and over again--basically prolonging their death till finally the court is sick of it and changes their mind. It sucks for the people who get it, but after 2 appeals, sorry your time is up-in my opinion.

besides any criminals that are a sex offender involving rape and or children should be put down immediately. I say "put down" like putting an animal down, because they don't deserve any better since they acted like an animal to begin with.

Death penalty all the way! Max 2 appeals.

I disagreed, I have seen these with more than 10 appeals only to find out though DNA that they were innocent.

I WAS in favor of death penalty, after I get older and wiser I realize that it is not viable solution regardless. I see too many flaws in our judical system. I would support ONLY if there is absolutely zero flaw in judical system.

I completely believe in the death penalty. But i don't think that they should be allowed to appeal it more than 2, I'm in nv (not sure about other states) but here people given the death penalty can appeal it over and over and over again--basically prolonging their death till finally the court is sick of it and changes their mind. It sucks for the people who get it, but after 2 appeals, sorry your time is up-in my opinion.

besides any criminals that are a sex offender involving rape and or children should be put down immediately. I say "put down" like putting an animal down, because they don't deserve any better since they acted like an animal to begin with.

Um, some of them appeal because they are actually innocent.

I disagreed, I have seen these with more than 10 appeals only to find out though DNA that they were innocent.

I WAS in favor of death penalty, after I get older and wiser I realize that it is not viable solution regardless. I see too many flaws in our judical system. I would support ONLY if there is absolutely zero flaw in judical system.

Yup, I agreed with you.

BLeGal2, you never know if some people are innocent and it would be an huge mistake and cost your taxpayers as much.

Yup, I agreed with you.

BLeGal2, you never know if some people are innocent and it would be an huge mistake and cost your taxpayers as much.

Um, some of them appeal because they are actually innocent.

Yes some can be innocent and hopefully they will get out and they better get their evidence together by the time their appeal comes along but then there are people like the man, James Biela, that killed the UNR girl in 2007 and he has already been quoted saying he will appeal till he dies from natural causes or gets let out--and for a fact he did it. They have all the evidence possible. People like him shouldn't be allowed an appeal. He also is already a sex offender with multiple women on his record. All tier 3 sex offenders should be put down.

The innocent ones yes they should get out, but the ones that they have DNA evidence, witnesses, murder weapons, possible clothes or diary's or anything like that proving the person is guilty then they should not be given more than 2--fine 3. Think of it this way, first appeal you figure out what they have against you still, 2 you clear it up as much as possible figure out what else they need you to clear up, and on the third you do your best to get everything covered. The gov doesn't want to kill them, so they don't hide what the person convicted needs to prove wrong during their appeals. If they can't then that sucks, but they shouldn't help the actual guilty ones get more appeals. no way. any one that lacks the heart to hurt a women or child like the Biela guy should not be allowed appeals.

my opinion is most likely "redneck" influenced. (if any one is offended by that, most likely my definition of "redneck" and yours is different)

Exactly. And executing an innocent person in the name of civility is not acceptable, period. The risk of executing an innocent person is there. No civilized society should be willing to take that risk.

BTW...bet if that poster was wrongly convicted, they would be using every appeal available.

Yes some can be innocent and hopefully they will get out and they better get their evidence together by the time their appeal comes along but then there are people like the man, James Biela, that killed the UNR girl in 2007 and he has already been quoted saying he will appeal till he dies from natural causes or gets let out--and for a fact he did it. They have all the evidence possible. People like him shouldn't be allowed an appeal. He also is already a sex offender with multiple women on his record. All tier 3 sex offenders should be put down.

The innocent ones yes they should get out, but the ones that they have DNA evidence, witnesses, murder weapons, possible clothes or diary's or anything like that proving the person is guilty then they should not be given more than 2--fine 3. Think of it this way, first appeal you figure out what they have against you still, 2 you clear it up as much as possible figure out what else they need you to clear up, and on the third you do your best to get everything covered. The gov doesn't want to kill them, so they don't hide what the person convicted needs to prove wrong during their appeals. If they can't then that sucks, but they shouldn't help the actual guilty ones get more appeals. no way. any one that lacks the heart to hurt a women or child like the Biela guy should not be allowed appeals.

my opinion is most likely "redneck" influenced. (if any one is offended by that, most likely my definition of "redneck" and yours is different)

How, exactly would you determine the difference between someone who has been wrongly convicted and is actually innocent as compared to someone who has been rightfully convicted and is guilty? You would have to determine that to be able to say who gets how many appeals. Both of them have been pronounced guilty...that is why they are in prison. Without the appeals process applied universally, you have no way of discovering who was wrongfully convicted.

How, exactly would you determine the difference between someone who has been wrongly convicted and is actually innocent as compared to someone who has been rightfully convicted and is guilty? You would have to determine that to be able to say who gets how many appeals. Both of them have been pronounced guilty...that is why they are in prison. Without the appeals process applied universally, you have no way of discovering who was wrongfully convicted.

the evidence on biela can not be proven wrong. So DNA evidence such as what they found with that case. In order to prove someone has been wrongly convicted, is actually innocent, rightfully convicted, or is guilty they can have their 3 appeals. I am just saying in my personal opinion sex offenders of a tier 3 (aka mainly people who have commit more than once) should not be given the option of any appeals. A person doesn't wrongfully get accused of being a sex offender multiple times. Maybe once yes, but then they learn to stay away from who ever did it to them, or just in general stay away from situations that could be construed as a sexual offense.

murder 1-3 can have appeals what ever, but i still stand by my opinion of putting down all tier 3 sex offenders. Obviously they will get their appeals, but if they did it once, it will happen again- just look at the statistics from your local registry of sex offenders.

all my opinion yes, but I stand by it.

Exactly. And executing an innocent person in the name of civility is not acceptable, period. The risk of executing an innocent person is there. No civilized society should be willing to take that risk.

BTW...bet if that poster was wrongly convicted, they would be using every appeal available.

we are not civilized. Just look at us.

the evidence on biela can not be proven wrong. So DNA evidence such as what they found with that case. In order to prove someone has been wrongly convicted, is actually innocent, rightfully convicted, or is guilty they can have their 3 appeals. I am just saying in my personal opinion sex offenders of a tier 3 (aka mainly people who have commit more than once) should not be given the option of any appeals. A person doesn't wrongfully get accused of being a sex offender multiple times. Maybe once yes, but then they learn to stay away from who ever did it to them, or just in general stay away from situations that could be construed as a sexual offense.

murder 1-3 can have appeals what ever, but i still stand by my opinion of putting down all tier 3 sex offenders. Obviously they will get their appeals, but if they did it once, it will happen again- just look at the statistics from your local registry of sex offenders.

all my opinion yes, but I stand by it.

That still doesn't answer my question.

Back