Do Christians believe in Mohammad and still be Christian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FreedummyRing said:
12 princes, 12 tribes....

These twelve rulers, the twelve sons of Ishmael, were named Nebaioth, Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam, Mishma, Dumah, Massa, Hadad, Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah (See Genesis 25)

Ishmael also had a daughter named Mahalath or Bashemath (Gen 36:3). Esau married her since he wanted to please his parents (Gen 28:9).

Isaac was pleased with Esau marrying his first cousin Mahalath or Bashemath,
isn't that incest??????????????? :dunno:

Do you understand that there were still very few candidates in the middle of the wilderness? To my knowledge, incest in the Bible applied to direct family members. And either way, Abraham and all the people up to Moses had no Bible to read.

FreedummyRing said:
That is sad, I just read up about Edom, Esau's land, disappeared. Israel destroyed Edom...

Jacob stole Esau's blessing??? And Esau rebelled and now his land disappeared.

You do realize that they forfeited the blessing of God when they refused passage to the Israelites in the wilderness.

Numbers 20:21
Thus Edom refused to give Israel passage through his border: wherefore Israel turned away from him.

You can read it in context in Numbers 20-21

ismi said:
I take it you don't know any Muslims? Many Muslims are somewhat invisible in their communities - they don't make a big deal out of their religion, and they don't dress like they would in the Middle East. Headscarves are about the only obvious outward sign in a non-clerical Muslim, and not all women believe that keeping hijab demands that.

You see war in the Middle East between Jews, Christians, and Muslims; I see Jews, Christians, Muslims and others living peacefully together outside the Middle East. The problem with talking about they is that it creates an adversarial relationship that, shocking though you may find this, does not exist.

In fact, I would ask you: have you (and many others on this board who call themselves Christian) shown any desire to get along with Muslims - or other non-Christians, for that matter? I suspect the flaw lies with individuals (you among them) and not with an entire religious and cultural group.

It is true that there are peaceful Muslims, but in the many I have met when I was working at the Beaver Street Fruit Market in Jacksonville, FL, I have met only one pair who didn't get pissed off when I asked them if they went to church. With a customer base that spread out all the way out to Palatka and St Augustine, and even the beaches from there, it is a very random pick of people, not my own. Like FDR (Freedummyring, not Roosevelt) said in another thread, there are passages in the Q'uran that support the killing of non-believers, and I believe the only reason that some of those people didn't kill me is the fact that there was a police sub-station within 300 feet.

But a bunch of Muslims believe he was Allah incarnate. And he didn't even uphold his claim to prophethood. A prophet is 100% correct, all the time, every time. Unless you can show that every prophecy that has expired has reached it's goals, you cannot say that he was a prophet. A very lucky guesser, but not a prophet.

I don't think so, I don't think Muslim believe Prophet Muhammad was Incarnate of Allah. You are mixing Hinduism into Islam. Prophet Muhammad was messenger and yes he died after delivering his message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back