disneyland passeS?

Snobrdrblinkchi

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Disneyland gives deaf people those passes where u can skip the lines for the rides? I know that six flags/magic mountain and universal studios give those passes..but not quite sure about disneyland. If so, where can i get it, and how many people can be with the deaf person? I'm asking this because i have two deaf cousins from outta the country and i'm bringing em to disneyland and was curious as to how they accomidate them.Thanx

You gotta ask at guest services in the park. They'll let you know how it works.

I was at DisneyWorld MGM a few weeks ago, watching the Fantasmic show, they provided a RV caption device for me to enjoy the show more. It was great and the employees were jumping over themselves to help me. I even had the best view in the house to share with one other deaf, my wife and my friends. All you gotta do is ASK!

They actually do those? Jeez... they shouldn't. I think it should only be permitted for physically handicapped people like those in wheelchairs.

Last time I went to Disney, they had done away with the whole 'Disabled, skip the line thing'

And I had thought so, too, Pete, when my good friends who live in Santa Ana and are Disney freaks. They confirmed recently that they can get deaf ride passes. The husband didn't know, his wife did but never bothered to go to Disneyland after they started dating.

Again, you just have to ask, the worst thing they can say is no.

VamPyroX said:
They actually do those? Jeez... they shouldn't. I think it should only be permitted for physically handicapped people like those in wheelchairs.

I sure can see your viewpoint on this...but have you ever consider for those who can lipread? It would be quite hard to do that from a distance and sitting up in the front would be very helpful.... ;)

Roadrunner said:
I sure can see your viewpoint on this...but have you ever consider for those who can lipread? It would be quite hard to do that from a distance and sitting up in the front would be very helpful.... ;)
How does lip-reading from a distance relate to getting on a ride?

As Dennis was saying about a 'show'...getting the best view in the house...and thought you were implying as such with only the ppls. confined to wheelchairs...guess this was a misunderstanding here...opps...huh? Sure wouldn't need any lip-reading on a hilarious wild ride! ;)

Interesting...never had to ask for skipping the lines at all -- saw no reason for that. :dunno: What's more I think it's taking advantage of companies that caters to the physically disabled. Us Deafies aren't physically disabled at all. :roll:

i totally understand what you guys mean when you say why should deaf people get to skip the lines. Thats what i said to my other deaf cousin (theo ne who told me bout six flags and universal studios). BUT if it's there..mite as well take advantage of it. I mean this is prolly the only time they are gonna be in the US, before going back toa third world country. So i mite as well make the best out of their trip. know wat i mean

I've seen Cedar Point and Six Flags giving out special passes for those in wheelchairs. However, I've never heard of it being done cuz you're deaf.

Yeah. I did use their "disability" pass to cut in lines at Disneyland. They didn't ask what kind of disability you have. Go to guest services (it is on your left on the main street as you enter the Disneyland), and write down that you would want a DA pass and they will ask you how many ppl with you (maximum is 4 folks). Then you are free to walk to the exits and to the rides.
At Six Flags Magic Mountain-- same thing but we did have a handicapped person with us. Deaf and in a wheelchair so again we went through the exits and jumped onto the rides. :)
We sure did get a lot of dirty glances from the LONG lines.
:bump:

[Edited: I realized just now that I was injured when we went to Disneyland. My deaf friends and I were glad that we didn't have to stand in long lines because I had a bad sprained ankle so it would ruin my day if I complain about my ankle. So... a disclaimer here? :dunno: ]

Last edited:
Back