Discussions of mental illnesses and conditions

Thank you, SP. She doesn't know what she thinks she does.

Youre very welcome... i am fucking tired of her bullshit.. acting like she knows everything...i got fed up with her...

WHOA!!!!!! You guys are arguing each other over mental illness & disorder. DD why you made your own thread in first place?? I did read everyone's posts recently. I do agree with Jilio, OceanBreeze, Sxy, other.

I never hear of Asperger word before. I am going to check the dictionary.

I don't think you misread it. I saw the same thing. I was just confirming your understanding of Asperger's.

DD, Yeah all suffers are human! Mild BPD?? That's not true. My old friend have BPD. She is not a mild or serve BPD. Just a BPD. It's all her personality problem. She is a drama queen! She like to be negative. She has an eating disorder. She is still human! She already have a baby born last spring. I haven't see them for long time.

I agree with Oceanbreeze and other. They told you started bring it up make your own thread cause flame war! Be careful! I don't think you know it all about mental disorder. You need to read the information through Wiki, medical dictionary, WebMD before you create a new thread.

jillo, FYI I DON"T think those with MILD borderline personality disorders aren't human. BUT I have experianced soap opera shit from people with rather significent BPD.......the way they act, as if they don't have any empathy is not human. It's pretty much sociopathic as a matter of fact! I didn't mean to say that Aspies and those with MILD borderline personality disorders aren't human.
My exact quote is thus: I didn't say anything about mild BPD or Aspie/HFA folks not being empathic. Rather what I meant was that they have difficulty in socio-emotional areas. That's true......Aspie folks tend to have difficulty with language to describe their feelings.

I agree with you. I don't think if anti-social personality cause born that way. I can tell DD is full of BS.

I never hear about anyone who is born with suffer mental. DD is making up her mind!

If you are talking about inherent personality traits, then you are incorrect. People are not born with anti-social personality traits. They are learned.

Any behavior associated with a mental disorder can be considered to be a part of the person's personality, as it affects the way that they interact with the environment and other individuals.

I understand what you are trying to say, but I respectfully disagreee. Personality disorders can be treated and altered. Inherent personality characteristics cannot. That is why it is called a personality disorder rather than a personality type.

You think BPD and ASPERGER are same?? That's not TRUE!!!!! You're so nasty talking! Someone is upset with you. Because it have Asperger. You need to tell someone apology! Yeah, BPD is suffers. Just happened to everyone in their mental. This is human! Asperger isn't a mental disorder! It's part of Autism like can't talk. You don't need to be insult. It's hurt someone's feeling. I know about Autism. Because my mom in the law. She is work with children for Autism, ADHD with special education. Now, She is a director. You need to read the information at Webmd.com or go to WIKI or medical dictionary to figure it out the information. We all are not buy your shit stories. Because, we are saying you think you know it all. It obvious you know nothing at all!

I HAVE experianced people who have borderline personality disorder. They do NOT "suffer" from it. Actually, wait.....some of them with mild forms of the disorder do suffer from it. (eg they don't undy about the social-emtional bits of life. Almost exactly like having Asperger's or High Functioning Autism) However, those with more severe BPS are not human b/c they tend to be totally devoid of empathy. I doubt you've ever experianced some of the soap opera shit that I and some other people have, due to someone with BPD.

Interesting discussion. I have had some interesting dealings with persons with BPD combined with other disorders/illnesses. With untreated BPD, I have had to be very aware that I have established clear and rigid boundaries, as their tendency was to manipulate the situation so I would be their ally, which would have done more harm. As someone who had to learn to set boundaries as an adult, I found it challenging.

Thanks, everybody.

Thanks everyone.

What people have to realize about borderline personality disorder is that no two people are going to exhibit the same symptomology, in the exact same way. For her to put that person up as the "poster child" of BPD, and say that ever person is like that is not true.

One of my best friends was borderline. She was also pretty affected by the illness. However, she was not a sociopath. Dealing with her was challenging. She was manipulative. She lied. There was always drama surrounding her, but she was also one of the sweetest people I will have ever known. The person I am speaking of is the woman you see in my signature. Tragically, she died as a result of being hit by a drunk driver last year. My friend was in therapy and doing better at the time of her death.

I also know of another woman who has BPD. She was also pretty affected by her illness. She also is in therapy. She still struggles, but she is a hundred and eighty degrees from where she was. The therapy is working for her.

I take great offense to calling people with BPD inhuman, because they are very human. They are extremely empathetic people. They simply have an illness of emotional dysregulation. They don't know how to handle every day stressors like most people and it causes them great distress. The goal of therapy is to teach the person with BPD how to handle their emotions in relation to the stresses and other things of every day life. It's a challenge to do so, but once done, the symptoms abate and the person is much happier (and so is everyone around them).

You're welcome. I am sorry about you lost your best friend. I saw her picture on your signature. She is pretty with smile.

Thanks everyone.

What people have to realize about borderline personality disorder is that no two people are going to exhibit the same symptomology, in the exact same way. For her to put that person up as the "poster child" of BPD, and say that ever person is like that is not true.

One of my best friends was borderline. She was also pretty affected by the illness. However, she was not a sociopath. Dealing with her was challenging. She was manipulative. She lied. There was always drama surrounding her, but she was also one of the sweetest people I will have ever known. The person I am speaking of is the woman you see in my signature. Tragically, she died as a result of being hit by a drunk driver last year. My friend was in therapy and doing better at the time of her death.

I also know of another woman who has BPD. She was also pretty affected by her illness. She also is in therapy. She still struggles, but she is a hundred and eighty degrees from where she was. The therapy is working for her.

I take great offense to calling people with BPD inhuman, because they are very human. They are extremely empathetic people. They simply have an illness of emotional dysregulation. They don't know how to handle every day stressors like most people and it causes them great distress. The goal of therapy is to teach the person with BPD how to handle their emotions in relation to the stresses and other things of every day life. It's a challenge to do so, but once done, the symptoms abate and the person is much happier (and so is everyone around them).

Oceanbreeze, I'm sorry if you felt that I was poster childling Nicole. I'm extremely sorry.....I guess I was just venting about that since Nicole was extremely messed up. Like she wasn't this one dimensional "Alex Forrest/Fatal Attraction/Lifetime Movie BPD type. However. she was pretty awful.... maybe it does depend on things like if the person has a learning disabilty or whatever. Perhaps that's why Nicole was so stunted.....Like she wasn't like your friend. I've prolly known a lot of people with BPD or other issues without really realizing it. Some of them can get by pretty well. I kind of wish you'd known Nicole......It is kind of interesting seeing how one disorder can manifest itself in so many different ways. Like one person can get by, and another person with it causes severe emotional pain to people. I still think SOME (note I said SOME, NOT ALL) people with BPD are almost inhuman b/c they don't care about other people at ALL. It's great that your friend was able to express empathy. I'm not saying that ALL people with BPD are Hannibal Lectors. However, you must admit it can be VERY frustrating dealing with them since a lot of times they can be very self centered. SOME of them are so self centered that they have basicly lost the abilty to emphathise with others. I think however in milder cases that its more like they have difficulty understanding other people's emotions. That's why they might appear to be so self centered. That doesn't make them inhumane or anything like that. But I think SOME SEVERE cases are almost inhumane....like bordering on sociopathy. Then again you could say that about a lot of disorders. It's not just limited to BPD. Sorry about that. For a second there I prolly sounded like Heath ranting about black people.
You think BPD and ASPERGER are same?? That's not TRUE!!!!! You're so nasty talking! Someone is upset with you. Because it have Asperger. You need to tell someone apology! Yeah, BPD is suffers. Just happened to everyone in their mental. This is human! Asperger isn't a mental disorder! It's part of Autism like can't talk
No, no.....you misunderstood me. What I said is that probaly the majority of BPD suffers really have trouble understanding other people's emotions.....almost like those with Asperger's Syndrome. Those with Asperger's syndrome have trouble with understanding people's emotions. (not having them.....understanding them. That's why they have such troubles in social interaction)

I also try to remember that almost all persons dx'd with BPD were terribly abused (often sexually) or neglected beyond belief for long periods of time when they were very, very young children; many are cutters, high-risk takers, not happy folks---very wounded. Some are wounded beyond help, but others are helped. It is tragic what happens to people, and that's why I feel for them; but I also have to remember not to allow my boundaries to be manipulated, not to be pulled in so much by my empathic side, as to lose my own identity, so to speak. It's hard for me because I was abused also (not BPD), and I didn't know how to use boundaries and say "no"....so I was, unknown to me at the time, used and manipulated when I thought I was just helping (rescuing) a person. So, I think this discussion about BPD and other related disorders can be very helpful to enlighten people to beware of the possible dangers in dealing with those with certain MH issues. I know it helped me to know these things.

Just expressing myself....so interesting!:hmm:

Well, DD people with certain disorders have feelings and they could also be posters here so I rarely ever say anything that might offend or upset them regarding their conditons.

I can think (whose name I won't mention) of one poster who prolly had BPD (I could be wrong); one of the biggest complaints regarding her was that she's a drama queen. She doesn't post here any more though. However much she annoyed me; she'd be upset if I called her inhuman for her attention getting tactics and rightly so.

Oceanbreeze, I'm sorry if you felt that I was poster childling Nicole. I'm extremely sorry.....I guess I was just venting about that since Nicole was extremely messed up. Like she wasn't this one dimensional "Alex Forrest/Fatal Attraction/Lifetime Movie BPD type. However. she was pretty awful.... maybe it does depend on things like if the person has a learning disabilty or whatever. Perhaps that's why Nicole was so stunted.....Like she wasn't like your friend. I've prolly known a lot of people with BPD or other issues without really realizing it. Some of them can get by pretty well. I kind of wish you'd known Nicole......It is kind of interesting seeing how one disorder can manifest itself in so many different ways. Like one person can get by, and another person with it causes severe emotional pain to people. I still think SOME (note I said SOME, NOT ALL) people with BPD are almost inhuman b/c they don't care about other people at ALL. It's great that your friend was able to express empathy. I'm not saying that ALL people with BPD are Hannibal Lectors. However, you must admit it can be VERY frustrating dealing with them since a lot of times they can be very self centered. SOME of them are so self centered that they have basicly lost the abilty to emphathise with others. I think however in milder cases that its more like they have difficulty understanding other people's emotions. That's why they might appear to be so self centered. That doesn't make them inhumane or anything like that. But I think SOME SEVERE cases are almost inhumane....like bordering on sociopathy. Then again you could say that about a lot of disorders. It's not just limited to BPD. Sorry about that. For a second there I prolly sounded like Heath ranting about black people.
No, no.....you misunderstood me. What I said is that probaly the majority of BPD suffers really have trouble understanding other people's emotions.....almost like those with Asperger's Syndrome. Those with Asperger's syndrome have trouble with understanding people's emotions. (not having them.....understanding them. That's why they have such troubles in social interaction)

Its not that they don't understand other people's emotions....its that they are so egocentric as to not put a priority on other people's emotions. They understand other's emotions extremely well. That is exactly what makes them such effective manipulators. They are experts in pragmatics, and quite often, alter their personality to the situation so as to be better accepted in social situations. That requires a great deal of understanding of the emotions, the motives, and the reactions of others.

People with Asperger's have trouble understanding all of that, particularly on the intuitive level that people with BPD do. And people with Asperger's do not change their behavior to suit the social situation. That is why they have problems with interaction. The two disorders are completely different, and produce completely different symptomology.

Whatever @ DD. Let drop the subject. Let everyone talk about their feeling with situation.

Jilio and OceanBreeze, I have a question for you. You might know a lot about Borderline Personality Disorder. Let me telling you about the storying.

The hoh woman is 23 half years old's friend of mine for long times since she was little. She is a twin sister and raised with adopt parent. Because her real dad was abused on her mom during pregnancy. Her dad was heavy on Heroin, Cocaine and alcohol addictive. She was born with birth defect in her Small intestine. She was almost be mental retard but lucky. She is smart at school.

She had been depress in her whole life. She started to say suicide when she was 15. She have an eating disorder since she was teenager. She is very picky with food. After she got High School Diploma. She started to smoking cigarette at age 19 and admit to drink alcohol. She was with her ex boyfriend. They always broke up and back together off on off on off on off on off on off.

I never figure it out about her problem. I noticed she had an attitude problem. She insulted me for no reason. I walked away from her. She was being rude to everyone for no reason. She always lying too much. I noticed that every deaf people can't stand around her. They really dislike her very much because of her personality problem.

When I stayed away from deaf people since I met my wonder man. I don't see the woman for long time. Until last 2 years ago. She talked to me and admit that she is alcohol abuse. She went to hospital for ER because she has a Crohn's Disease. She suppose not to drink alcohol. She really hate about herself. After she got out of hospital. She stayed at friend's house to take care of her medicine for crohn's disease. She admited that she has BPD. I was alike what is that?? I never hear of it before. She was affair to friend's husband and have a sex.

Last 1 years ago in January 2007. She made her own post bulletin at myspace and to tell everyone. She wanted to kill herself. My other friend called police on her. They came to her apartment. They tried to knock on the door. She didn't open the door. The polices arrived to her. My friends are trying to help her. But She didn't listen to them. She act like a stupid to them. They gave it up help her anymore. She went to Behavorial Hospital. Her psychologist gave her a Zoloft.

When she got home and wanted to chat with me on vp. She told me all deaf people hate her. I asked her why?? She always lying to me all the times. She didn't explain to me at all. My other 2 friends are mad at me for being friend with her. I was alike what is the hell going on? They warned me about her. They didn't want to explain to me why. They wanted to let me learn from her. I was alike okay. I tried to help her go to counseling. She skipped the counseling and not take a medicines at all.

She took a Wellburtin in April's Fool Day. She cutted her wrist with a blade in front of her boyfriend. He took her to go ER. He isn't allow her to go back to home alone because she can be kill herself at her apt. He is so manipulated to her life. He isn't allow her go hang out with other men because of sex. She have a cloud relationships. She always lied to him all the times.

Me and my husband came to her apt to moved out and live with her boyfriend at mobile. She always got me into stress out because too much drama. I wasn't interesting into drama. My husband wasn't happy with me to hang out with her. Because she is extreme dangerous for me. I did ride with her. She always get a speeding ticket. She went on 110 mph at highway. I told her to slow down please. She didn't listen to me. My mom didn't want me to ride with her anymore.

She asked me a stupid question. "When you are done with wedding. What you will do with bride gown?? Why not you put in your gown fire to burn it". I was alike huh? She is crazy! Bride gown is so expensive! I refuse to do burn. My mom and my husband got mad at her for tell me to do.

She took a Bendyal about 48 tablets in her mouth. She passed out when her boyfriend was at work. He got home and saw her laying on the floor under the computer. He woke her up to see what is going on. She act like a retard and can't talk. She need go to go bathroom. He got her to bathroom. She stayed there for 1 hour. She act like a retard. He took her to ER. Her doctor told him that she need go to mental ward hospital. Her boyfriend said no. He will take care of her. Next day, She wore a sweatshirt during hot outside. She didn't eat anything. She was sleeping at church. My mom looked at her. She told to her boyfriend that she has an eating disorder. Her boyfriend is a denial about his gf has eating disorder. He asked us to go out of eat. We wanted to go Flat Top Grill for lunch because of health. Her boyfriend stopped at gas station and tell my husband to change the plan because she didn't want to go Flat Top Grill. She want to go Chinese Buffet. We got mad at her! He said she is so manipulated. She ate too much crab rangoons and sweet biscuits that all. She didn't eat a vegetable or meat. She act like weird. She is very skinny! My husband and I agree not hang out with her anymore. We are sick of her being picky with food.

I decide to avoid from her for good. Her boyfriend tried to make a deal with her BPD. I told him. I can't handle with her anymore. I just tired of it. She already hurt my feel. She hurt everyone's feeling. They do nothing with her. My husband said don't respond to her boyfriend's email. I blocked on them for good. I need to move on my life and be happy.

I found it out she was pregnancy by her boyfriend. They got married in last minute and give a baby born next 2 month. It's too rushed for them. It's not my problem.

Do you think BPD always lying too much?? I am wonder.

Yeah that's true. That's why she lost all her friends because of her personality problem. Do you think BPD will never get cure. is that right?

She is not along with her all real family. They are mad at her what she done in past. She got fired from work. She did find many jobs. She got many fired.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality

Why the fuck are you guys being SO rude to me? ALL I said is that I've had some REALLY bad experiances with BPD types. I never claimed to know everything about BPD. Seriously......if you guys had known Nicole you would have a very bad taste in your mouth about more severeish BPD types. That's great that severe cases have been treated sucessfully. Maybe then, there will be less grief and drama in the world.

I believe you were rude first. Why were you trying to correct Jillio? You were trying to correct us, asserting that you are right just because you read AB pysch book and had personal experience with BPD people. Jillio is a professional with proper qualification & degree and has sufficient experiences in this matter. so whose word is more right? STOP CORRECTING HER! it's silly, DD - an amateur trying to correct the professional. GIVE IT UP!

Interesting discussion. I have had some interesting dealings with persons with BPD combined with other disorders/illnesses. With untreated BPD, I have had to be very aware that I have established clear and rigid boundaries, as their tendency was to manipulate the situation so I would be their ally, which would have done more harm. As someone who had to learn to set boundaries as an adult, I found it challenging.

Setting and enforcing boundaries is extremely important when dealing with someone diagnosed with BPD. And that manipulation in order to gain allies is a hallmark of the behvioral symptomology of BPD.

Yeah that's true. That's why she lost all her friends because of her personality problem. Do you think BPD will never get cure. is that right?

She is not along with her all real family. They are mad at her what she done in past. She got fired from work. She did find many jobs. She got many fired.

Borderline personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, BPD can be treated successfully. It is just one of the more difficult disorders to treat, because the people who have it generally don't think there is anything wrong with them. They think that everyone else is responsible for their problems, and they fail to see that they create those problems themselves.

I also try to remember that almost all persons dx'd with BPD were terribly abused (often sexually) or neglected beyond belief for long periods of time when they were very, very young children; many are cutters, high-risk takers, not happy folks---very wounded. Some are wounded beyond help, but others are helped. It is tragic what happens to people, and that's why I feel for them; but I also have to remember not to allow my boundaries to be manipulated, not to be pulled in so much by my empathic side, as to lose my own identity, so to speak. It's hard for me because I was abused also (not BPD), and I didn't know how to use boundaries and say "no"....so I was, unknown to me at the time, used and manipulated when I thought I was just helping (rescuing) a person. So, I think this discussion about BPD and other related disorders can be very helpful to enlighten people to beware of the possible dangers in dealing with those with certain MH issues. I know it helped me to know these things.

Just expressing myself....so interesting!:hmm:

You have a very good grasp of the topic.

I believe you were rude first. Why were you trying to correct Jillio? You were trying to correct us, asserting that you are right just because you read AB pysch book and had personal experience with BPD people. Jillio is a professional with proper qualification & degree and has sufficient experiences in this matter. so whose word is more right? STOP CORRECTING HER! it's silly, DD - an amateur trying to correct the professional. GIVE IT UP!

:ty: Jiro.

:gpost:

Excuse me Oceanbreeze and Lucia, you don't have to be SO FUCKING RUDE about it! I honestly think that if you had dealt with the types of BPD folks that I have, you would have a pretty bad taste in your mouth about them.
Like the types I've dealt with, are the kind who are maybe a few degrees removed from being Fatal Attraction-y. It's almost like they really get a sadistic pleasure fucking with their interpersonal relationships. Kind of like Muchansen's by proxy, but for social emotional things. Yes, I know it's not exactly their fault.....but still......I mean the person I know with it, was almost sociopathic in her fucking with interpersonal relationships. It was just SO beyond cruel how she would fuck things up. Like she would treat other people like they didn't have ANY feelings whatsoever. I would say she had it on a moderately severe level. (severe in my opinon is Fatal Attraction style)
I was speaking from what I have read......and no, I didn't just read it on Wikkipedia. My Ab Psych book (2001) states that BPD is one of the most difficult mental disorders to treat, and there's very few resources to really treat it effectively. I'm not too surprised that there have been cases that have been treated, but I would say that most of them were prolly quite mild relatively speaking. Has there ever been a severe case treated sucessfully?The way that the severe cases treat other people is just SO inhumane. It's like they don't have any empathy towards other humans. See what I'm saying now?

DD, I have dealt with someone who has BPD, and believe me, it wasn't pretty. But, not all people with BPD are untreatable. It just takes a LOT of work to treat BPD. Lots of therapy, DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy), medication, sometimes frequent hospitalizations, and a lot of other things has to be done to treat BPD. It is a very difficult disorder, but it is not hopeless. This person I know, Jenn, she would cut herself very frequently (BOTH her arms are covered in scars), burn herself on the arms with cigarettes, was very med incompliant, would go in and out of the state hospital very often, she was very manipulative, would cause problems between friends, etc. I had to make a decision to cut my ties with her, since she hurt me so much, (for example, she accused me of faking being physically sick and physically pushed me backwards in my wheelchair) and caused problems between me and my ex best friend. But, her case was a very severe one, and she has been in and out of hospitals all her life, and she doesn't try to reach out for help, she just wallows in self-pity. Not all BPD people have it that bad, it varies from person to person. They have to make the decision to want to get better, and to cooperate and be med compliant, and stuff like that. It's not easy. She just doesn't want to get better. People with BPD often have chaotic lives. They have problems sustaining relationships.

Jillio, am I correct with what I just said? I'm going by what I've observed in Jenn.

Back