Direct Audio Input (DAI)

..... I wouldn't even know where to look. There is an incredibly tiny screw on the side of the hearing aid close to the battery cover, but I wouldn't know if that's it. And I'd need a toothpick sized driver, or smaller!

Just looked at my DAI (for Oticon Sumo DM). The tiny "screw" which I practically need a magnifying glass to even see, is next to the "connectors" that connect to the battery when the DAI is attached to the HA.
According to the instructions for mine:
- Use a plastic screwdriver to set the sensitivity to high (HI) or low (LO)
- HI Setting: Radio, TV, MP3, PC, 9V Fm systems
- LO Setting: Most FM equipments, external microphone

Oh, wait. there's another tiny screw on the outside
- Adjust the input level control to a comfortable level (1-4) using that same plastic screwdriver.

Finally found something online where you can see this.
http://store.yourhearing.net/otauipshapst5.html

Of course, all DAIs may not have these kinds of "controls".

Hope that helps.

yeah, the tcoil volume is perfect for me, the volume on my ipod isn't even at halfway with the tcoil Hatis.. but DAI, it's maxed out and sounds terrible haha. I'm hoping we can get DAI working well enough, since my Hatis is not working so well anymore (wiring issues). If DAI still doesn't work out, I'll just splurge for the uh.. MusicLink? is that what it's called? Cheaper than the Hatis.

Personally I've not found the Music Link to be of much use, it only seems to work if it's in exactly the right spot next to my HAs and only then if I hold it in place, which isn't very practical. DAI is much better.

I just looked on my Phonak MAXX to see if there's a visable DAI adjustment screw ...no such luck (not that I expected there would be, as I said, it's an entry level digital BTE with only (single program) M/T/O and DAI.

I also looked on my DAI shoe& cable and there's nothing to adjust - however for those who have low volume issues with DAI - perhaps call your Audie an see if there is a shoe with a volume control like the pic in the link LoveBlue posted.

Some aids also have more than one shoe available, one designed for the Phonak MLX series modules and one for plugging in leads. Volume for the MLX series is set in the software so they don't have adjustments on the shoes, but ones for leads often have an adjuster on the shoe and also a higher input volume anyway. Oticon aids often have some compatibility issues that mean it's better to use them with a 3.5mm body-worn radio aid lead than to use a dedicated personal stereo lead. Personal stereo leads are attenuated so that output to the ear is not excessive, radio aid leads output exactly what is input.

I think any adjusting is usually best done by an audi lol...i wouldn't tinker with my ha..not risking 4 grand down toilet

I think we're all talking about tinkering with the DAI boot/shoe, not the HA itself. But that can only be done if the boot/shoe has the ability to be adjusted (as my Oticons do).
I wouldn't do anything with my HAs either.

I think any adjusting is usually best done by an audi lol...i wouldn't tinker with my ha..not risking 4 grand down toilet

The adjustments are on the Shoe/Boot ...not on the HA & are meant to be adjusted my the user (unlike HA adjustments that should be only done buy Audies)

Back