Digital Hearing Aids and Telecoil

Naj

Reaction score
I just got my new hearing aid, Phonak Perso with Smartlink FM system. It's awesome, I happen to hear clearer and better. I even discovered some new sounds as well. I love it. But the thing is...it didn't come with a telecoil which I usually use for on the touchtone and cellphone. I am disappointed. It is a digital hearing aid with an accoustic programs (6 different programs) but none I can hear well as with telecoil I used to have in my old aid. I can hear with the fm transmitter...but I rather use telecoil without having to plug my fm transmitter to the phone such a hassle. I guess I will have to tell my audie and change the order. Anyone have digital hearing aid with a telecoil???

That's cool that you got digitals and are happy with them! I know that in some cases digitals are thought to be overrated. (especially with our kind of hearing loss) I thought that virtually ALL BTEs came with telecoils.....hmmmmm maybe post on Hearing Aids Are Cool, on Yahoo!Groups about this!

I have a pair of Oticon DigiFocus II super power BTEs that have T-coils, so yes, they are available. I wonder if the T-coil on your aids needs to be activated? When I received my Oticon digitals, my audi had to request that the T-coils be turned on before I could begin using them. If this isn't the case with your aids and they don't have a T-coil setting, I would exchange them for another hearing aid brand that does. :)

I used to have a digital hearing aid, but it constantly gave me problems so I switched back to my analog hearing aids. :)

eh.. I have phonaks with tcoil, but I have never able to get it working right. I am going to a new audi in a few days, so I hope they can fix it. I don't have my files from the old audi, maybe have problem with new one. Ugh.

I have Phonak's Supero digital hearing aid in my right ear and I LOVE it. It's a BTE, and has telecoil on it. I have had it for just 1 year now, but I love it. I like it even more than my last hearing aid which was the Claro. I've always been pleased with Phonak hearing aids.

Naj,
Have you asked your Audi if it would be possible to add the T-coil ??? I've been told sometimes they can send them in to get a t-coil added ???

I have a Phonak MAXX BTE ( digital, with T-coil) , it's my first HA (long story ) so I don't really have anything to compare it to , but I like it. I wasn't sure how much I'd actually use my HA, so I didn't want ( i.e. don't really have the money) to spend a HUGE amount on my first BTE. I've had it for almost 2 years now, and use it all day at work.

oddly enough , I'm looking into how to use FM with my work phone ( I'm clueless on this stuff) ... because all the florescent lights, and computer equipement really interfer with my t-coil.

Back