Digital Cameras on the Cheap

illustrator

Reaction score
When it comes to stocking stuffers, the gifts most people think about are probably less expensive than the average digital camera. But the budget-conscious shopper can find cameras to fit the sock -- especially if the recipient is a casual shutterbug.

Low-end digital-camera prices range from just a few dollars for single-use disposables to about $300 for name-brand ultra-compact or point-and-shoot models. The prices depend on features such as resolution and optical zoom, and whether the camera is new or refurbished.

http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,61225,00.html

What are you wait for? Ask your parents or friend to get digital camera for Christmas or birthday! :D

Hey, Illustrator, which new and affordable camera (Nikon brand) do you recommend for professionals?

I'm looking to buy one but I haven't done my research yet, thus I'll have to wait.

Alex said:
Hey, Illustrator, which new and affordable camera (Nikon brand) do you recommend for professionals?

I'm looking to buy one but I haven't done my research yet, thus I'll have to wait.

you get Canon. They are best than Nikon. That Nikon appear more bit green or orange.

Powershot series are awesome and sexy for sexy people. :lol:

You only need between 2.5 to 3.5 megapixel. They are still best at take picture that can print up to 14" x 10" or something. Could be up to letter size.

For professional who need action, heavy and everything - 4.0 megapixels and up.

Last edited:
look around on ebay. look for people with 100% feedback and REAL pics of camera in person ;)

those camera are like half price or less on ebay.

Bought a Kodak EasyShare CX4200.. a year ago..for 200 plus bucks... it's good... for non-pro camera people..like me..hahahahaha

Well, I get this from ebay -- it is worth to have good pictures. it is pocket digital camera with video camera in ONE.... it was kewl! it is easy to carry because it is light and small (size of pocket)!

If you are plan to buy Digital Camera and need to be affordable.

I recommend you to buy at least 2.0 megapixels which is good enough to fit letter size. :)

MizzDeaf said:
Well, I get this from ebay -- it is worth to have good pictures. it is pocket digital camera with video camera in ONE.... it was kewl! it is easy to carry because it is light and small (size of pocket)!

Do you mean the pocket DV ? I'm looking for a good cheap camera wounder if 2 mega pixel be enough for me

Back