Did you have hard time with parents?

i have hardtimes on my mom!!

I think it is normal to have conflicts with parents. I'm 36 and a mother of 2 and my parents still try to control me! They want to see my finances! Go Figure!

I know hard to conflict to my parents. I understand really hard to communication to my parents. Really hard to my parents, sometimes bother my parents hard to listen to me. I respect to my parents, listen to my grandma want to help support to me. I follow to listen to my grandma.. That is good help my grandma.. I know hard to listen to my parents... That is difficult.

Great Mom and Dad while growing up. Got full support from them and their love. My mother was more supportive and understanding while my dad was supportive and outgoing who took us camping, hiking, fishing, and boating out in Oregon and Washington. Not much problem at the dinner table since we all hardly talked but we all talked much more during our teenage years (my brother and sister). We continue to talk to this day to keep up with news of my sis and bro and what they're doing almost every weekend on my cell phone (mostly with my mother).

Great Mom and Dad while growing up. Got full support from them and their love. My mother was more supportive and understanding while my dad was supportive and outgoing who took us camping, hiking, fishing, and boating out in Oregon and Washington. Not much problem at the dinner table since we all hardly talked but we all talked much more during our teenage years (my brother and sister). We continue to talk to this day to keep up with news of my sis and bro and what they're doing almost every weekend on my cell phone (mostly with my mother).

Same here... I have a very supportive family. I talk to my Mother all the time. Even though my mother was a single mom and remarried later in life. I can also depend on my step father for support and advice along with my Mom.

Same here... I have a very supportive family. I talk to my Mother all the time. Even though my mother was a single mom and remarried later in life. I can also depend on my step father for support and advice along with my Mom.

Babyblue and Kokonut..your familes sound wonderful.

My only big problem was my mom's ex boyfriend who lived with us on and off for 10 years starting when I was in 6th grade (1983). He treated my brother and I like we were stupid. When my mom got pregnant with his son, he would tell us that his son is not going to be deaf and that his son will have more opportunities than we will ever have. I was 16 at the time and suffering from serious low self-esteem...what he said to me is forever branded in my head.

Babyblue and Kokonut..your familes sound wonderful.

My only big problem was my mom's ex boyfriend who lived with us on and off for 10 years starting when I was in 6th grade (1983). He treated my brother and I like we were stupid. When my mom got pregnant with his son, he would tell us that his son is not going to be deaf and that his son will have more opportunities than we will ever have. I was 16 at the time and suffering from serious low self-esteem...what he said to me is forever branded in my head.

Karma bites back. You and your Deaf brother are successful and able to hold the jobs. What about your half brother???? :hmm:

My mom rarely listens to what I say. It is frustrating for me. :aw:

Almost fourty, trust me it never ends with the nosing in and telling you how to run your life and calling your children names and telling you what bad parents you are, act like they never did anything wrong in thier life.

Almost fourty, trust me it never ends with the nosing in and telling you how to run your life and calling your children names and telling you what bad parents you are, act like they never did anything wrong in thier life.

Both my parents are gone now, your post remind me of the way my mother was. :roll:

Ooh, I don't know you went to Oregon? Which do you live in Oregon or Washington? Seemingly, you live in West Coast. If you prefer to be private, you can send me a via PM instead.

Your family is somewhat similar to me, but it's great to know you have a full supportive from your family. Awesome :)

I had all the usual issues that go on with childhood against parents as well as teen versus parents, but for the last 16 years, my mother has lived with me, hubby and both kids. I got married in February and she moved in in November. We have had our ups and downs, but then again, what child/parent doesn't. As she is now 70, I am trying to help her through the ageing process and she is not progressing willingly. The battle now is to get her to stop driving. Lost my dad in 1991. He never got to meet hubby or his grand kids. Out of 6 grandkids, he's only met 2 of them. I am now living with my mother-in-law with hubby, 2 teens and my mother. That's a real trip!!:giggle:

Back