Decreasing HTML page size

rimjhim

Reaction score
i need help in decreasing html page size...i mean the html code because i wont use much graphics in my web page...I design my pages in dreamweaver MX...so plz suggest accordingly...plz help...plz reply ASAP

thanks

I don't understand your comment unless you show us your link so that we know what you mean by that.

i just want to decrease the size of the web page i have designed in dreamweaver...

I don't know how and am not that computer literate. I do get around. Can
somebody help rimjhim out please? Thank you God Bless and Merry Christmas !!!
:)

rimjhim said:
i just want to decrease the size of the web page i have designed in dreamweaver...

do you mean to downsize the website for screen standard size like 800x600 or 1024x768 ? i believe standard size for website is 800x600.

good information about size of web page - http://www.wpdfd.com/wpdtame.htm

yet if you still want to downsize for 800x600, then you should see a bottom right corner of dreamweaver. u can click on that list of different size. hope this helps ya. i dont have my laptop with me at this time. i leave it at home.

if no one answer you about this tonite, just PM me and i will be happy to help ya, dude. ok ? good luck !

rimjhim said:

(1) Click your table's border on the only right side.

(2) On the properties window, enter your number H pixel x W pixel.

It will changed the sizes after you entered these pixels.

The problem is that how many people have a 15 inches monitor at home? What about 17" or 20"? I agreed with deafclimber that the standard size is 800 x 600.

u all did not understand my point...actually i wanted to reduce the html file size of th web page i have designed in dreamweaver...

There are two ways:

The first way is through simple HTML coding...

<font size="n">your text here</font>

Replace n with any number from 1 to 7 with 1 being the smallest and 7 being the biggest. However, no matter what number you pick... most Windows users can change it using the "Text Size" feature in their Internet Explorer.

The other way is to use CSS coding...

body { font-size: n pt; }

Replace n with any number you want. Yes, it can be ANY number. You can make it 100 if you want. The difference with CSS and simple HTML is that HTML has 7 pre-defined sizes. CSS has specific sizes which is exactly as the number you used. HTML can be resized, while CSS can't be resized unless users are using Mozilla-type browsers. One last thing... you can choose between "pt" or "px". "pt" is point and "px" is pixels. If you say "10 pt", that is like using size 10 in MS Word. If you say "10 px", then that is 10 pixels and smaller than 10 point. Experiment more between pixels and points. I usually use pixels.

Oh, I forgot to add... if you use CSS, it needs to be in the <HEAD></HEAD> section.

Hi vampyrox

This is really helpful...thanks for your reply and help...this is exactly what i wanted to know and here only...i mean the font part i am facing problem... I've used this code-:

p{ font-family: verdana; color:#005B00; font-size:10pt; }

in the head of HTML...and this is reducing the size too but as i have used verdana font and size in all other pages of my site, I don't want to change that in this page...since the size differs as u said in css...it's not same as in dreamweaver or simple html (predefined size 1-7)...so if i give 10pt then will there be difference in both??

Plz help me in this...and that will solve my problem...as i don't know css much...i am sure abt the text size...

thanks

rimjhim said:
Hi vampyrox

This is really helpful...thanks for your reply and help...this is exactly what i wanted to know and here only...i mean the font part i am facing problem... I've used this code-:

p{ font-family: verdana; color:#005B00; font-size:10pt; }

in the head of HTML...and this is reducing the size too but as i have used verdana font and size in all other pages of my site, I don't want to change that in this page...since the size differs as u said in css...it's not same as in dreamweaver or simple html (predefined size 1-7)...so if i give 10pt then will there be difference in both??

Plz help me in this...and that will solve my problem...as i don't know css much...i am sure abt the text size...

thanks
Actually, here's the coding that should be in your HEAD section...

<style>
<!--
p { font-family: verdana; color:#005B00; font-size: 10pt; }
-->
</style>

As for it being different, it's hard to say. If you click on "View" then "Text Size"... you'll 5 different size options. Chosing FONT SIZE from 1 to 7 isn't going to matter much if people always change the "Text Size" settings. For standard size, "Medium" for "Text Size" is used. With CSS, "Text Size" doesn't work. It is possible to make CSS universal for all of your webpages. If you add a specific line of code in all your webpages, that code will refer to one external file that is labeled xxx.css and follow that. Any changes made to that .css file will change all webpages with that reference line of code.

It's a bit complicated, but you can Google it. Try Googling "css tutorial".

thanks a lot for your help...
can u all please provide some more tips and techniques to reduce tha size of the web page.

Oh, you want your letters to be smaller. I thought that it has to do with the screen size. That is a big different that you are talking about. You did not mention that you want to use the colors for the fonts.

I see that you rather to use your hand codes than design.

Back