DEBATE: Quality of AllDeaf

I have been around here since 2003, I think--

The quality of threads has got bad, imo.

There is no debate. It is either a flaming war, backstabbing, or "Omg, like I just totally got a new gfd!" then one day later :"sob sob, she hates me!" as if the ADers are valley girls(even the guys).

There is no efforts being put out for a thoughtful post or thread-- people just want to be postwhores and it just waste my time to go through a thread, just hoping that somebody puts out a thought-provoking post that I could reply.

There are not much of materials that I can reply--
And every thread I put out-- not many people read it. Too advanced or too dense for many readers who prefer to gossip, discuss about which clothes to wear or which movie is the best, et cetera...

The materials that the audience here at AlLDeaf seems to be "Reader's Digest" type-- brief stories, jokes, tidbits of the days, et cetera...

As for me, I don't mind the Reader's Digest stuff, BUT I like variety... so I will like to see more of "the economist" style mixed in...

People are often driven out of this forum due to inanity among the members and people don't discuss-- they just bawk and scratch eachtoehr's faces out... although I have to admit that this type of behavior has mitigated, but the quality of threads hasn't returned.

not much threads for me to read it is basically like same and same over again and again.. but it's fun to read threads and not get invovled in flaming wars tho ;)

There is no debate. It is either a flaming war, backstabbing, or "Omg, like I just totally got a new gfd!" then one day later :"sob sob, she hates me!" as if the ADers are valley girls(even the guys).

There is no efforts being put out for a thoughtful post or thread-- people just want to be postwhores and it just waste my time to go through a thread, just hoping that somebody puts out a thought-provoking post that I could reply.

And every thread I put out-- not many people read it. Too advanced or too dense for many readers who prefer to gossip, discuss about which clothes to wear or which movie is the best, et cetera...

The materials that the audience here at AlLDeaf seems to be "Reader's Digest" type-- brief stories, jokes, tidbits of the days, et cetera...

As for me, I don't mind the Reader's Digest stuff, BUT I like variety... so I will like to see more of "the economist" style mixed in...

People are often driven out of this forum due to inanity among the members and people don't discuss-- they just bawk and scratch eachtoehr's faces out... although I have to admit that this type of behavior has mitigated, but the quality of threads hasn't returned.

It's a common problem in innumerable forums all over the world. Just ask Something Awful. Especially check under the "Weekend Web" section.

[a] Example.
Example.

And so on. "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Deaf258 asked

--->What can we do to improve the quality of posts and threads on AllDeaf?<---

Lock all mindless, post whoring and woe is me threads will be a good start.

I get what you're saying. There definately isn't as much variety on topics as when I first joined. In fact most topics are just uninteresting to me. I'm pretty partial to debating theology, yet what's the point when all you really see are "Jesus Loves You" threads. I've become so disinterested that I expect a facetious statement to sum up my thoughts to readers.

I have done my fair share of postwhoring, but I'm becoming fairly annoyed by it. A one or two word response just seems like a waste of time to me. I know a lot of people are far too concerned about their post count rather than what they have to contribute to a discussion. I'd hate to be tactless, but some people just really have nothing to say.

As for improving AD, I don't know. I have a few ideas, but I'm not going to offend anybody. In all, I think I finally see why I've taken so much time away from here, and why you might be seeing even less of me.

Back