Deafpager.com

I already order two of SK2 from Deafpagers.com - #1 for wireless needs three years ago. I realized that I wasted $200 on that when Tmobile told me that I should have ordered it directly since I was a member of Tmobile for couple of years. It's cheaper to order through Tmobile, AT&T, Sprints whatever if you are already a member. They give discounts and do not need Credit check and activitation fees. I was suckered thru Index of /.. Never again!!

I never had problem with credit issue when I ordered thru Deafpagers.com - #1 for wireless needs. But thing is that I DON'T like is that they set up phone number of their area code not my LOCAL area code until contract expires Grr!!

Catty

I have bought SK through Garth Wiress, Tmobile, and DeafPager.
Garth is best and cheapest. Deafpager is not scam. They are ok, but take much longer for shipping. And not always good with answering e-mails. But I always got my pager from them, so not scam. Also I got my SK LX for brand new $99 from them also.

LX is wonderful! The SK Slide keep breaking all the time for many and they have already recalled for the SK Slide. It keep shutting off the power and resetting the pager.

SK LX is better than any of the other SK pager I, II, or III. Matter of fact, II, and III were major disappointment.

So I have ordered pagers through all three of them. Deaf pager should fix their typos and spelling errors on their site. Many pages have errors, which makes it harder to trust. But never problem with them other than sometimes customer service.

Garth Wireless delivers my pagers the fastest. Tmobile always try and add extra fee for this or that.

So just do the research and you will see. :)

I have bought SK through Garth Wiress, Tmobile, and DeafPager.
Garth is best and cheapest. Deafpager is not scam. They are ok, but take much longer for shipping. And not always good with answering e-mails. But I always got my pager from them, so not scam. Also I got my SK LX for brand new $99 from them also.

LX is wonderful! The SK Slide keep breaking all the time for many and they have already recalled for the SK Slide. It keep shutting off the power and resetting the pager.

SK LX is better than any of the other SK pager I, II, or III. Matter of fact, II, and III were major disappointment.

So I have ordered pagers through all three of them. Deaf pager should fix their typos and spelling errors on their site. Many pages have errors, which makes it harder to trust. But never problem with them other than sometimes customer service.

Garth Wireless delivers my pagers the fastest. Tmobile always try and add extra fee for this or that.

So just do the research and you will see. :)
You're right about Garthwireless.

When I ordered my Sidekick II from them a few years ago, I got it 2 days later. I was actually impressed with how fast it arrived. Usually, when I know I'm going to get something new... it's hard to hold it in for a long time without telling anyone. Well, 2 days is fast enough for me to wait and get it before showing it off to everyone. ;)

Anyways, it did come with a bunch of paperwork. That's to be expected when there are a lot of rebates involved. Each rebate could only be sent at a certain time. So, I stuck post-it notes on them with dates that they were good for and left it on my desk in the order they were due. When the time came, I simply mailed them out and got my rebate.

Since that Sidekick II was free, it was actually $200... but with a $25 rebate, two $50 rebates, and a $75 rebate. The rebates actually paid of my monthly dues. ;)

my friend did ordered there many time and no scam.. i am telling u the truth

I don't know why people said DeafPagers is scam? I try support most Deaf businesses as often as possible.

I never really had problem with them, other than like I said, they have slower service than others.

And should make their website more professional. But they really do have pagers. :)

The deafpager.com belong to boundlesscom.com but right now the owner passed away and don't know if that true or not.
Yes it is true. Drew Gutches was the owner, he was a great deaf-blind businessman and very well respected and liked in DC and Gallaudet deaf community. Unfortunately he passed away in early January 2008. A friend of mine is trying to run the business but it's hard because Drew's death was very unexpected, so he didn't leave passwords and other information for runnnig the business.

I haven't heard anything about deafpager.com being related to fusewireless.com?

I ordered my SK3 from Fusewireless.com, paid $146 TOTAL (for the SK3 and shipping/handling, etc.), and they emailed me to confirm my order (somehow somewhere I mentioned I was deaf and cannot hear on the phone). I was very happy with Fusewireless.

Yes it is true. Drew Gutches was the owner, he was a great deaf-blind businessman and very well respected and liked in DC and Gallaudet deaf community. Unfortunately he passed away in early January 2008. A friend of mine is trying to run the business but it's hard because Drew's death was very unexpected, so he didn't leave passwords and other information for runnnig the business.

Wow! I didn't know that and that is so sad! I hope they can get it running smoothly again. :(

I haven't heard anything about deafpager.com being related to fusewireless.com?

I ordered my SK3 from Fusewireless.com, paid $146 TOTAL (for the SK3 and shipping/handling, etc.), and they emailed me to confirm my order (somehow somewhere I mentioned I was deaf and cannot hear on the phone). I was very happy with Fusewireless.

I don't remember if I ever ordered from Fusewireless before.

But with praise like that, I will definitely check them out when it's time to get new SK or iPhone. :D

Wow,

password issue is big impact for business if thing not expect. However; hope the business going smooth.

The deafpager.com belong to boundlesscom.com but right now the owner passed away and don't know if that true or not.

I don't trust their service due I what I already visit, sorry. :(

Yes, he passed away on Jan 10th or 11th, 2008.

One of my friend told me, "I know him since he was five year old. He graduated MSSD in 1985. He has
his own business deafbuy.com, his store is next to Gallaudet University Campus. He helps deaf a lot."

Yes, he passed away on Jan 10th or 11th, 2008.

One of my friend told me, "I know him since he was five year old. He graduated MSSD in 1985. He has
his own business deafbuy.com, his store is next to Gallaudet University Campus. He helps deaf a lot."

A little earlier. I believe I heard about his death on the 5th. Drew was a very respected guy.

A little earlier. I believe I heard about his death on the 5th. Drew was a very respected guy.

Yes, his name is Drew. I found correct date. You will see brief story at below

Drew Gutches, 42

-JAN. 5, 2008

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Drew Gutches, 42, of N.E. Washington, D.C., passed away, Jan. 5, at Washington Adventist Hospital after a week's illness.

George Andrew Gutches III, known as Drew, was born in Annapolis to Mary Louise Flood Gutches and George A. Gutches Jr. He is survived by his parents of Adamstown, Md.; sister, Marie Erb of University Park, Md.; sister, Elizabeth A. Nickerson (John) of Thurmont, Md.; niece, Ayla Nickerson; and nephew, Silas Nickerson.

Drew attended Maryland School for the Deaf and graduated from the Model Secondary School for the Deaf. He attended the National Technical Institute for the Deaf in Rochester, N.Y., and Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C. He will be remembered for his expert skills in electronics and construction and as the founder of Deaf Pagers and Boundless Communications, companies specializing in communication devices for the deaf.

A celebration of his life and a following social gathering will be held on Saturday, Jan. 19, at 2 p.m. at The Holiday Inn Conference Center at the FSK Mall in Frederick, Md. The Rev. Elaine Prince will officiate and interpreters will participate. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to The Foundation Fighting Blindness, memory of Drew Gutches, Ushers Research only, P.O. Box 17279, Baltimore, MD 21203-7279.

Arrangements are by J.L. Davis Funeral Home in Smithsburg, Md.

Yes, like I said, on the 5th. I knew Drew, and his two roommates are good friends of mine, so that's how I found out so fast.

Yes, like I said, on the 5th. I knew Drew, and his two roommates are good friends of mine, so that's how I found out so fast.

I can't remember what my friend told me. I forget what cause, illness or cancer?

My friend knew him since he was 5 years old. I will ask him.

What I remember is Drew had a stroke around Xmas time, and then he had another one 2 weeks later and that's how he died. I don't know what causes a stroke though...something in your brain I guess. But he died of a stroke.

Good plan, don't ever go anywhere near to these Sidekick series, mate.

YES!!!!!!! Tmobile is just piece of crap now. It used to be alright but now it's just so WRONG. it should be banned in America and everywhere on the earth! :cool:

YES!!!!!!! Tmobile is just piece of crap now. It used to be alright but now it's just so WRONG. it should be banned in America and everywhere on the earth! :cool:

I did not really like any ofthe Sidekick I, II, or III.

But I do love the Sidekick LX very much!

That scary to know that you like that new Sidekick, so hopefully that new sidekick treat you well, bright-Eyed-TJ.

Back